Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins schedule for 2017

Home opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Oakland (12-4), New Orleans (7-9) (in London), Tampa Bay (9-7), Denver (9-7), Tennessee (9-7)
Away opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Atlanta (11-5), *Kansas City (12-4), Baltimore (8-8), Carolina (6-10), Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)

We are absolutely completely super mega turbofucked next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

'Saints' 'linebacker'

The clue is within the question

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
So in the most Miami scandal possible, the Dolphins o line coach has been caught on film doing cocaine before meetings.

Whoops.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It's such a shame that a lot of the critical things have gone wrong this year, as there's actually a fair few positives for the Dolphins. Tankersley and Godchaux are playing heavy snaps as mid round picks, Harris seems to be coming on, McMillan looked good before he got hurt, the D overall looks much more solid, the only trade/FA that's really bombed is Thomas.

Buuuut, Cutler's a shitshow so none of it matters.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
As are the Miami Football Dolphins

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I do feel like there's the possibility that we pull a Classic Dolphins and stagger to 8-8 with Cutler playing well enough down the stretch that there's a mini QB crisis when Tannehill returns.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

If Cutler has shown anything in the past it's that he gets more invested as the season goes on. Especially if the team has a bad record.

Of course, but Cutler progressively getting somehow shitter is the best realistic case for the Dolphins, as we'd get a high draft pick and immediately cut him and replace him with Tannehill (or Darnold if we're truly lovely)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

No it's not going to happen, or no you don't want it to happen?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

Brady and Belichick are going to be remembered as illegitimate cheaters and Trumpists if there is any justice in the world.

First against the wall when the revolution comes.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah the game never shoulda come down to that. They lost cause of well-deserved penalties and bad coverage on defense

You should call Buster Skreene by his name if you're want to subtweet him like that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

I called for him to get benched by name in the last page tho dont wanna beat a dead db

It was a poor attempt at humour, not a dig at you :)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
WHAT THE gently caress HAVE WE JUST DONE!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I can't imagine getting even mildly feisty defending this Dolphins team. I want Tannyhills back :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Welp, Rey Mauluga just got arrested and waived. Our linebackers are loving cursed, jeez.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

Who came in for cutler after he got blown up?

Moore.

This Cutler thing hasn't exactly been unexpected, but it has definitely been the worst of the reasonable expectations for his performance.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Tannehill is a good quarterback and a better quarterback than Moore.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty ironic that they, almost without exception, play their best football when Moore plays.

Moore literally never plays. He had three games as a passable sub for a form team and then poo poo the bed in the playoffs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
You'll win both Dolphins games. Suh and Landry will be suspended for building a giant laser on the moon and extorting a billion dollars out of the UN at this rate.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

evilweasel posted:

hey brady's got to retire someday, definitely before he's 50

i think

PEDs are very advanced these days.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
poo poo. There's a chance the Dolphins win this :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
poo poo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

hosed up our draft picks ugh

But I’m liking a lot from Howard today!

Doing it against Siemian is basically easy mode though

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

The Broncos are a terrible team with the worst QB in the NFL. The Jets were just completely unprepared to play this game.

They got shithoused by the Dolphins. The Dolphins!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Elephanthead posted:

8-8 forever Phins Up!

Print the shirts!

Except that we don't need to print any more 8-8 shirts we have them still in stock from the rest of the decade.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Meh I’m happy seeing genuine development from young guys like Drake, Howard, Phillips and Grant.

Parker showed even when we’re rolling he just isn’t going to shine. Parker’s gone likely after 2018.

Just so long as they pay Landry.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Landry has been super quiet. I hear he’s unwilling to give a discount, and he’s wanting 5/75. From us? Preferably but that’s his main goal - paid like a top 5.

That’s nuts to me. But drat I’d be lying if i didnt want him paid right now

Seems about right to me. He's caught so many balls, is developing his ability to go deep, and doesn't get hurt.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

the Jay Cutler led Miami Dolphins beat the patriots in prime time

let us all have a contemplative moment of silence and really just let that marinade in our hearts and minds

And yet, for the reasons above and the patriots general response after a loss, it will be essentially meaningless. Print the shirts.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Mulaney Power Move posted:

dolphins will lose to kc next week and then close out their pointless season by ruining the bills' playoff hopes because misery loves company and that's how we roll

Alternatively, we win out, ruin the Chiefs and Bills hopes whilst getting to 8-8, our spiritual destiny

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Lol.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

He’s a bad coach. His teams are completely helpless on the road ntm being completely out of control when it comes to penalties. The entire game yesterday was pretty much the Jets giving away free first downs on peanlties. And that’s before we start on the 4th quarter gag jobs and moronic game management.

I feel like you have an over-rosy view of how good other coaches are at those things. Most coaches are 'bad' at many aspects of football. He overachieved this year with that roster.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
There are never any good coaches.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Wrar posted:

The evil hoodie disagrees.

I meant in the available pool. There's like 10 genuinely good coaches in the NFL right now, none of whom are going to be switching jobs.

Not to say that the rest are bad, merely that they display some/all of the flaws that Bowles does.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins deserve the entire organisation getting mired in a bullying and sexual harassment scandal.

Oh wait.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The fact that they haven't drafted a backup QB in years remains one of the more baffling parts of the Dolphins in a long history of baffling decisions

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Hey, we just traded a 7th for a passable DT from the Lions This dude.

Yay I guess.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Really? I blame the bank holiday weekend

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It matters not. We'll go 8-8 next year, and no one will be sure if it's improvement or statistical noise.

Except for us. We'll know that it's destiny.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8
8-8

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I hated the Caroo pick from the start, they gave up so many good picks for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I miss Clay, he was/is great.

Re the Dolphins, I appreciate that the "character" purge looks bad, but the three main guys the let go (Suh, Landry, Pouncey) were all very highly paid, and their production didn't justify the money. They're all great, but the last three years of Dolphins proved that paying QB money for the best DT in the league isn't effective, paying top 5 money for 8-12 games of a center isn't smart, and top 5 WR money for a guy who isn't a top-5 redzone or big play guy isn't necessarily sensible.

To be sure, they'll waste all the money they save on some other poo poo, but in isolation the moves were kind of justifiable.

• Locked thread