Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Why can't everyone just blind luck into a HOF QB and have an ex Browns head coach mutate into the best cheater if all time?

Seems simple really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

fuckin' got 'em, AFCe bros

Never seen that happen before lol.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

chilihead posted:

That same guy Jerry fired could have rebuilt the Dolphins, only failed because he wasn't allowed to trade the most beloved QB in franchise history.

Imagine how much Jimmy Johnson would have been able to fleece some fools for old man Marino lol.

*GM notices passing stats going up*

GIVE ME MARNO FOR OUR NEXT TWO ENTIRE DRAFTS

*Jimmy Johnson gets Peyton Manning, Randy Moss and Edgerrin James or some dumb poo poo like that*

Probably not really but it's a funny scenario to imagine.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The fraud that never ends.

It's been a fun ride. :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ironically, mcmagic's histrionics only enhance my enjoyment of football as a Pats fan.

:chord:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

What exactly do pats fans want? They want to continue blatantly being given games and people to just ignore it and pay homage to their greatness?

This is what will happen forever anyway. It's the mainstream take now.

I mean, let's be real here. Whether they have a few more good seasons in them, or if they just crap out this year, will be a historical footnote either way. Any more winning the Patriots do from here on out will just make the rubble bounce. There's nothing left to do and nothing matters. Brady's the greatest, Belichick is the greatest, these takes are already the conventional wisdom everywhere and will never, ever go away. You can start rooting for a Brady-Belichick pedophilia ring scandal I guess, but that's about it at this point. Otherwise you're just yelling out the window at global warming.

It's all wasted on Boston sports fans, too, because so many of them can't really enjoy it. They're carrying around generations of dumb sports persecution complexes because they were only really good at baseball most of the time instead of the best at it almost all the time like the Yankees were. Seriously, 99% of their dumb poo poo is Red Sox-connected inter-generational brain cancer that's metastasized into everything else and made them crybabies no matter how good things are.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

if there is any justice in the world.

:laugh:

tarbrush posted:

First against the wall when the revolution comes.

So never.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

:911:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Phobeste posted:

Yikes almost got suckered into arguing with mcmagic. I'm happy to report I made it out ok.

I really hope this defense gets better. I think we would have been better off paying Jamie Collins.

Or Chandler Jones even, he hasn't gotten whacked on bad synthetic weed lately that I know of! :catdrugs:

Though the real problem is the Pats suddenly have the stupidest group of DBs in football. Just throw to whatever zone they forgot even existed and get 300 free yards!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

fsif posted:

Gilmore in the Schwartz year was excellent and looked like he was on the cusp of being an All-Pro type. I'm legitimately surprised his struggles have continued post-Rex.

The Pats are also 100% blowing coverages on the complete opposite side of the field from him, so it's not just him struggling. The whole unit is playing super turbo stupid out of nowhere.

:iiam:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I'm coming around to the idea that the Patriots just don't give a gently caress about life after Brady. They're just going to go HAM until he explodes in a cloud of avocado ice cream and "supplements" and worry about the cleanup later.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Gronk was on the Bills he'd probably be out in the parking lot before game smashing flaming tables with the fans.

What pro wrestling finisher would Gronk use on them?

"Bro, it's just a diamond cutter, it's no big deal!"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How was McCown dogpoo for the first 2/3rds of his career?

A fun list would be something like "Best good season out of nowhere by a career trash player."

2006 Pro Bowler Derek Anderson comes to mind too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

that's all I need tbh

There was a time when the Patriots being under .500 to a team was the most meaningless thing imaginable.

Kalli posted:

Brady and Belichick are going to walk away from the Patriots like it's an explosion in an action movie, and I'm completely okay with that.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Is there any reason you can't have the rule be that anytime you have control over the ball when it goes over the goal line it's a touchdown? Is there some weird scenario I'm not seeing where making that the rule produces some new kind of dumb poo poo instead of the current kind of dumb poo poo?

• Locked thread