Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I only care about the Lions so I'm going to post all this related or not.

Go Lions.

Aaron Rodgers is a fraud. His own family hates him.

Vince Young signed with the Riders. I am going to go see him play and if I see him, I'm going to hug him. Just like he instructed me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jay Cutler was the second best quarterback the Lions ever had.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Laken Tomlinson. poo poo rear end draft pick

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yaws posted:

Aaron Rodgers has the most punchable face in sports. You just look at the guy and your gut reaction is just to lay him out. He can't help but look smug.

Aaron Rodgers has alienated every family member and friend in his life, except Clay Mathews.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Aaron Rodgers is beloved by the entire nation of Canada for humiliating dollar-store-knockoff-Trump Kevin O'Leary on Jeopardy.

Haha I didn't know about this. His smug face is perfect in the picture.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
counterpoint: The Lions are going to win!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

xsf421 posted:

Playing without Decker is bad enough, having Dahl in at LG means we probably aren't winning this game. We didn't have a good chance before, but it's going to be ugly with the left side of our line being turnstiles.

Counterpoint: It won't matter. Lions are going to win!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions have the magical ability of being hosed over by the NFL's lovely rules.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah Muhlbach!

Didn't Quinn draft a long snapper in his first draft for some reason? Lol Don had none of it.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind Caldwell and his coaching style can win in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself at all to "unstoppable death machine football." More like "Squeaked out another win by a score."

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Get them some chairs Matt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M78_dJrQPvQ

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Oh right we got rid of Dan Orlovsky so we can watch Generic Michigan Man #6 throw passes into the dirt

lol Orlovsky sucks.

gg Lions they keep having players like Robinson and Ebron that just loving kill them, year after year. I realize Decker got hurt and it was gonna suck, but Greg Robinson is horrible.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Saints avoided the inevitable dissection by Razor Rudock

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Minnesota is going to win the division, and I'm okay with that.

Detroit is too loving stupid to ever win it and I'm sick of the Packers.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

2 Lions games in a row starting at past midnight my time, ugh

This is good because then you don't have to watch them.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:smug:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Lions will beat the Browns because I don't think losing to the Browns is allowable in the natural universe.

However, the Lions are setting themselves up for a crushing loss to the Bears.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I side with Bennett. Jordy Nelson is a dummy and the Packers are trash.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the Vikings propensity to collapse and fail can out do the Lions ability to be worthless idiots.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

Alright, losing the ball on a successful challenge is a new one, I'll give Fox that.

I look forward to the lions losing a game on the final play this way.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That game was purestrain NFC North and Caldwell as gently caress.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Only the Lions could win three games in a row and make their fans feel worse.

Its like Caldwell just wants the game to be a coin toss at the end.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lions are the cream of the crop in the division

Stupid, worthless Rams.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just want to report, that this game is going exactly like I figured it would. SOL

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Caldwell sucks. Thats why you should hate him.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Look on the bright side, Lions fans. With nine wins, the Vikings have guaranteed that Matt Stafford will have at least one win against a winning team this year.

OH WOW I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would be okay with the Packers being a bottom-feeding organization for the next 50 years. The Lions just took their turn! :colbert:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Lions consistently start games falling behind by two or three scores. Caldwell and JBC. continuously call lovely, throw away plays to "control the clock" while down 10-17 points.

The run game is always poo poo and Stafford has to hold onto the ball to make plays with his arm. Defenses are just pinning back their ears and loving blasting him.

Other teams make adjustments all the time but the Lions lose old man Ngata and they get destroyed by the run, forever. The last several weeks, the defense has had plays where only 10 men are on the field including red zone plays. This past week they had a play with only NINE players on the field.

This entire coaching staff is loving poo poo and needs to go. Fire them all right now. Let Stafford run the offense drawing plays on his hand. Defense can do whatever, since they can't even put the right amount of players on the field and fall for every read option and play action anyways.

gently caress them. Let's never run or punt again. Let Prater try and kick 75 yard field goals and go deep to Galloday and Marvin Jones for the rest of the plays.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Detroit Press is having fun:

Yet almost every week, Caldwell – and his offensive coordinator, Jim Bob Cooter –virtually straight-jacket Stafford to start every game then wait until they’re desperate to let him loose. It happened again Sunday in the third quarter, when the offensive brain trust dialed up a pass-heavy series in two of the first three series.

Both led to touchdowns.

The odd series of those first three: Run. Short pass. Run. Punt.

That last run was emblematic of the Lions’ hardheadedness. On third-and-1, the Lions asked Theo Riddick – whose specialty is catching the ball in space – to bulldoze up the middle. Behind a receiver – Kenny Golladay – who’d motioned in from the edge and tried to act as a fullback.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had heard that Stafford does not have a break? Just sprained and bruised? Not that helps that much with your throwing hand.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think he started the year decent. Then he got some back issues and a concussion and its gone downhill.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You should probably just watch basketball, which is good. Instead of those trash games.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The one problem I see about debating the quality of sports. Is that this is the NFC North thread, so on some level, we all choose to watch garbage.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fishing with the fam posted:

Mitch gonna suck tomorrow. This feels like a down game for the Bears. I feel it in my bones.

Luckily, Howard is gonna run for 200 yards.

Oh wait he won't because Fox will only give him 12 carries... Let's say he gets 100 yards.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That game was boring. Kurt Warner worked his rear end off selling me Mitch Tubinsky, but I'm not buying.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hockey doesn't enforce its own rules, which reduces the impact skill has on the game and reduces offense. It would be like if football stopped calling holding and pass interference or basketball let defenders do whatever.

The goaltender is also one of the great equalizers in sports. You see an 8 seed make a run, good chance a goalie is standing on his head.

I remember 97 when Dallas was a better team than the Oilers in every way but goaltending. Cujo stole the series.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

2011: Absolutely embarrassingly bad pass defense predictably shits itself in the playoffs against the Giants, gives up 37 points
2012: Colin Kaepernick
2013: Colin Kaepernick
2014: Defense collapses against the Seahawks, giving up 15 points in the fourth quarter then immediately shits itself in overtime
2015: They played okay this season I guess. This is when we had both Hayward and Hyde, who the front office promptly let walk. Flukey loss to the Cardinals in overtime, just chalk that one up to "NFL Playoffs"
2016: 44 points to the Atlanta Falcons
2017: 31 points to the Carolina Panthers

He won't let you down in 2018.

:smug:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If the Lions won the super bowl, i'd probably fall into a coma. My entire universe can't even comprehend it.

I would settle for another playoff win, and I want it to be against the Cowboys, and just as humiliating as the last one.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't blame him if he saw the Vikings and went "nah."

Lions don't get to your QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My favourite pass this weekend was Mitch comfortable in his pocket scanning both sides of the field before opting to pass to a guy for 2 yard gain and Warner gush about his poise.

• Locked thread