Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

I’m not. The Vikings and Lions are lifelong bosom buddies when it comes to choking in important games.

The Lions don't play important games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some of you need to take a deep breath

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rural everywhere is like Alabama.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I have seen the Lions twice in Detroit, but not once in the two games they've played in London, both of which were absolute shithouse games. I think they won against Atlanta on a retaken field goal, and then get absolutely stomped by Buffalo the next year

The Falcons game is one of the funniest games ever and the stomping was to Kansas City, which got Lombardi fired

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I like how even other Lions writers have started dunking on him for his dumbass takes.

poo poo, has Monarrez ever had a good opinion about anything?

I think since Drew Sharp died he’s tried to take over as a master hot take artist, except Drew Sharp was funny and it was kind of a game to figure out if he truly believed his most trollish opinions. Monarrez is just awful.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Congrats to Jim Schwartz for being the first DC ever to allow 600 yards in a victory.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He’s shown steady improvement I think. The second half of the season he was really good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

indigi posted:

hello Lions fans. how was Haloti Ngata in September last year? think he'll have anything left in the tank?

I think he's pretty much toast.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I want the Chubb man

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

How dare anybody imply the state the elected Walker twice, Johnson twice, and went for Trump might be racist. How DARE you.

But the black sheriff!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not a big fan of getting a center 20th overall in a weak o-line draft. Hoping Guice or Nick Chubb fall to 51.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I love having my pro football team going “legally he’s in the clear” and my college team going “pobody’s nerfect!” about these things at the same time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Carlos is so bad, I can almost tell if he's dispensing hot takes by the tweet headline alone. Not even Drew Sharp was that blatant

He tried to absorb Sharp’s soul but he’s not nearly as good of a writer. With Sharp you could tell he was having fun with it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tom Funk posted:

A'shawn Robinson is 23 years old going on 47.

Look up his baby picture

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Barry announcing his retirement via fax to Wichita's newspaper was incredible in its own way

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

Another part of Caldwell's coaching gameplan philosophy was to be a chickenshit who played it safe most of the time and never taught his team that converting fourth downs was something doable.

They probably win that wildcard game against the Cowboys if Caldwell wasn't so awful.

Yeah but there was also a screwjob from the refs and as ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER said:
"10 YARD PUNT WHAT THE gently caress. WHAT THE gently caress."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

VJeff posted:

Remember that time the Lions couldn't get the benefit of a review because Schwartz threw the challenge flag on a play that would be automatically reviewed?

I still don't understand that rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Lions saw a guy have a seizure on the field and thought “let’s use a first round pick on him”

• Locked thread