Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Deki posted:

Finally something that Packers/Vikings/Lions fans can all agree on.

I hate it: keeps Capers in place, ergo the Packers will never win the SB again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Packers oline seems to be decimated: starting tackles and 1st backup are now out, it seems.
I'm expecting Rodgers to get sacked in the double digits each match from now on.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Has there been a game yet where Demarious Randall hasn't been benched for massively loving up yet?

That touchdown where the receiver did the blockbuster "lazy fake inside step" move that Randall bit on so hard was really embarrassing. It was such a tame juke but Randall almost lost his cleats.

Apparently Randall went to the locker room (uninjured) and didn't return. Might be some big friction between him and the coaches.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/78812/damarious-randalls-benching-injuries-mean-issues-for-packers-even-at-3-1

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

When is the official status of Rodgers coming? I.e. IR, designated to return?

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Boon posted:

My thoughts on the Pack are as follows: where can the Packers win games over the next 8 weeks? Bears, Ravens, Browns?

All of those are beatable by an Aaron Rodgers-less team, they're all beat up in many ways at key positions. Those are all must-win. A win over any of the Lions (also beat up), Buccaneers, or Panthers puts them in playoff contention heading into the Minnesota game on December 23rd at Lambeau - a likely Rodgers return if he does come back this year. In that same time frame Minnesota will face a strong Redskins team, a surging Rams team, Lions, Panthers, and Falcons, and Bengals. Are there 3 losses in there? Probably - that defense can't win every game for them.

That said, the Vikings are the drivers of this NFC North poo poo-show. So it's up to Mario Party once again this year.

Another point is to where do the wildcards go?

NFC West might have one in the Seahawks with the Rams as winners. South is a toss up at this point. East has Eagles as winners, with decent Cowboys and Redskins for the wildcards.
The wins over the Seahawks and Cowboys might become very valuable in the end.
We might also end up at 4-12.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is literally no down side to signing him so I can't honestly see how it can be not worth it.

Cap space

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

nerve posted:

I'm really confused do other teams think Capers is the problem so they want the Packers to keep him, or is the Packers roster so bad that it doesn't matter

The problem is that Capers runs a complicated defense with exotic blitz packages. If he has the personnel to run it, it's amazing. If injuries and sub-par drafting mess things up, he cannot adjust to run a simpler defense.
Everytime it's 3rd and a mile, you know Capers sends the blitz, and some WR will be uncovered and pick up 30+ yards as the sack arrives too late.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

schweens posted:

I've never been owned this hard. To the appalachian trail i go

Say hello to Lloyd Christmas for us

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Speleothing posted:

How on Earth do you keep a backup job for two years and perform like that?

He had an amazing preseason a few years ago, and didn't play any significant snaps.

And during practice he goes up against a Dom Capers D.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

fishing with the fam posted:

God drat it Bears, you better beat the Packers this weekend. You are coming off the bye. They are coming off a short week and starting Brett Hundley. I am flying down to Texas to spend the following weekend with my sister and her Packer fan fiance.

You must not lose!

The only reason Dom Capers still has a job is that he managed to embarrass Jay Cutler twice per year (3 times in the 2010 season :smug: ). I'm currently hoping that Trubisky scores a million points on Sunday, so we can get rid of Capers.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

given that Riddick has sometimes been the Lions' best receiver, I propose that they try all of their receivers out in the backfield to see if one of their WRs was, in turn, secretly their best RB all along.

See also: Packers, Green Bay; Cobb, Randall; Montgomery, Ty

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I'm trying to find the comic of the Lions trying to fire Caldwell, but they can't because of his droopey face.

Does anyone have it?

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

What are the chances that Montgomery becomes a hybrid wr/rb next year, instead of fulltime back, now that the rookies have panned out so well?

He seems to fit the role that Cobb had a few years ago: jack-of-all-trades, very useful in the no-huddle.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I think the new Packers GM will be an internal one. I doubt they extended their players in the past week, if they were close to moving TT aside.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

I feel like the packers get ravaged by injuries pretty much every year and they have gone through several s&t coaches during that time

*edit* nevermind he's been in charge for the last 8 years

I also think the Packers are extremely conservative and resort less to more dubious medicine to get players on the field.

That being said, having Matthews with hamstring issues each year is unexceptable.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

https://twitter.com/PackersFans_/status/958773932634583040

Please don't scramble your brain worse than it already might be Sam :ohdear:

But if he is somehow miraculously good to go please come home.

Poor guy. He went from UDFA to a contract worth dozens of millions. Has a superbowl ring (tattoo).
Quit while you are ahead. I just hope he didn't spend all his money already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

On one hand: getting an extra 1st next year and a hopefully goid CB now is fine, but pass rusher was also a need, and they quicker make an impact than a CB. So I don't know if we were better off with taking Marcus Davenport, that the Saints now have. In a few years we'll know

• Locked thread