Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Elephanthead posted:

Romo winning a superbowl in Houston would be worth it.

I can cheer on Romo while simultaneously making GBS threads all over the Texans fans on Facebook that used to poo poo all over him.

Win-win, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

The last time a Houston team has done anything is over 10 years, when the Astros made the World Series. They got swept.

Before that, it's back to 1994. I have zero sympathy for you Jags fan.

It was the happiest, and then saddest I've ever seen the city of Houston. Admittedly, I was too young to care or realize the significance of the Rockets winning their two championships, but still.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

I don't hate this pick but I sure don't love it

He has such a low bar to clear, dude.

Just enjoy the non-Brock ride.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Houston Enterprise

set phasers to bad QB play

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Neil Armbong posted:

I'd like to say the Texans can only go up from Brock, but I'm sure I've thought the same things after our other turds at QB. I'm ready for the battle for the crown of our dung heap of a division to begin.

Look at it this way: the defense doesn't have to be 150% of the team in order to achieve victory anymore. There may be just a slightly, ever so slightly bit more balance moving forward.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Metapod posted:

They are either going to start savage, who is bad, or watson, who is bad and a rookie, so that's not true

Neither is as bad as "throw a screen pass into the dirt" Brock Osweiler.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow that's some serious loving garbage.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sheriff posted:

How many more games until I'm allowed to think Watson is a franchise QB without looking like a homer?

I think he looks legit, but the real test is always going to be the second year. Give defenses an offseason to learn a person, and then things get crazy.

Still, Watson looks even better than I was hoping he'd be.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ah, I had not scrolled down that far.

So it looks like Joe DeCamillas's special teams completely poo poo the bed today for the Jaguars. Got it.

I'm glad I've never been proven wrong about DeCamillas. Dude blows.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Colts are not cool, and they are not good. No team gets to slip on a banana peel, traveling from Peytonville to Luckton, and still say they're cool.

Hello, my name is :salt: and I will never go away.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

On the one hand, I really don't think McNair meant it the way it's coming off. But he is incredibly tone deaf here and it shows the disdain he has for the players as a group

And then there's this

https://deadspin.com/doug-gottlieb-deandre-hopkins-isnt-smart-enough-to-g-1819923803

There isn't a single owner in the NFL that deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Mark Davis? Or was Al the only one who deserved it

Al absolutely deserved it

Al deserved something, because the man was completely bonkers in a way that made everyone else in the league meltdown.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Randaconda posted:

Al deserves a lot of credit for hiring the first African American coach, the first Hispanic coach, and the first woman high up in the organization.

Yes, and he definitely deserves credit for those things. But the guy was wild. No owner to my knowledge marched to the beat of their own drum quite like him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's pretty awesome that McNair traded him out of spite OR that Brown said gently caress off due to McNair.

They're both great looks for the league. Honestly, despite the loss I'm proud of the Texans players this weekend.:911:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy gently caress go Jags.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

Super Bowl MVP Blake Bortles

God bless the Jaguars

This is just the greatest surprise of the season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to believe in the Jacksonville Jaguars because I've given up on the Browns ever accomplishing anything.

I've always been a sucker for underdogs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Every time I see how well regarded Brandon Brooks is for the Eagles, I get madder and madder at Rick Smith

You should never cease being mad at Rick Smith

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Jaguars

My god

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It just doesn't make sense to be a dick to Jags fans. They've been through enough.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Probably Magic posted:

Only the Browns get to make this case, fyi. Maybe the Bills.

I disagree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

Yeesh, all it took for this to stop being the chill division was the Jags being good for the first time in a decade

In fairness to all parties involved, this was probably a circumstance nobody had planned for.

• Locked thread