Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now the biggest priority is finding a cool and good punter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Colts lost their best tackler. Pagano should just institute a no punting strategy. We need Griff back.

More gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s

Now the Colts best tackler is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFbqCrTzdzs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fired Grigson, got a Colts fan as mod. Good offseason so far.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

New Colts GM is already making good moves with keeping Doyle and trading Allen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Giving the Patriots a pass catching TE basically for free is definitely a savvy move by an AFC GM

Allen has stone hands, so calling him a pass catching TE is a stretch. He's got a big body and is a nice red zone target, but injuries have taken away any speed he once had. And he's just as likely to miss more games than he plays.

A 4th for him is good since he was otherwise likely to get cut.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember when the Texans were hanging around the Pats because of their defense and refused to sit Brock even though he was very obviously costing them any chance to win?

Now they basically have to give away a pick to get rid of him. :lol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts got another basketball player, making them the best b-ball team in the AFC South.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Colts had a solid draft. A lot of defensive talent, an RB who should contribute right away, and a huge OL that they can use as a project.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kirios posted:

Every year I thank the Colts for supporting a generational talent with hot garbage.

The Mike Trout effect, if you will (go astros)

Except now they're being smart and drafted some DBs who are ballhawks. Just in time for the Texans to draft a very iffy rookie QB who has trouble with INTs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dumb loving question.

When did the Colts close opening training camp to the public? Years fly by, I googled, yada yada now I think I have the time to make a trip and welp...

This year. The contract in Anderson expired and it seems as if the Colts decided to have this year at Lucas Oil since finding another place for training camp was low on the list of priorities.

He's said that they'll find a place to have it offsite and open to the public again next year. This year was just a one-time thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shoulda been the Houston SpaceBalls

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Aaron Donald just showed up at the Ram's facility and passes his physical. Who is Tolzien's backup?

Brissett.

The only way he plays is if Tolzien gets hurt though. So people expecting him to be pulled because of performance will be disappointed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

That was the joke yes

Yeah I know, but I was more responding to the people implying Tolzien will be pulled because of performance and not injury.

Us Colts fans already know we're in for four quarters of Tolzien.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was implying Tolzien would get injured because the Colt's center that I can't remember the name of is injured, isn't he?

Ryan Kelly is out, yep.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Andrew Luck is the greatest QB ever. Look at the team without him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tolzien threw more TDs to the Rams than Goff did.

So he's gotta be cut after this game. Pagano has got to be fired. If Tolzien still has a job this week, I've gotta wonder what Ballard is thinking.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Something along the lines of "My God, we could actually possibly get a top 3 pick"

Only if they shut Luck down! But he didn't do that. So Luck will drag the team to 7 wins or so.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pagano said they got their asses kicked by the 49ers. I think he's just practicing for a few weeks in advance.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts haven't cut Tolzien and he still might start again. If he does, I think the fans might be more hostile to their own team than the visitors this week.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

I think the Colts should keep playing Tolzien personally

Do you really want the Colts to get a 1 pick again?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He voted and donated to Trump so... nope.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Except the Colts.

They won! Brissett looks really good, and the young guys in the secondary all look like they have real potential. Not their fault the coach decides to go conservative right out of the half.

Once they get a good coach, they should be back to being really good in a couple years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm sure Irsay is on top of the dire situation of the Colts as we speak.

It' might be a mountain of coke or a pile of hookers, but my god he is on top of something.

This year is a rebuilding year, even if they aren't going to say it. When Luck comes back he'll probably help the team win more games than they should, but they're probably going to finish with 5 wins or so. Pagano won't be fired until after the season because the interim coaches would be just as bad, and none of them would be the next coaching candidate.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I'm just glad we dumped that first round bust Dorsett and got a great backup QB in return. Definitely won that trade.

So far most of Ballard's moves have turned out to work really well. A few misses in the draft, but it looks like he's had some major hits too. The FA signings have contributed as expected. Another draft and year in FA and the team should be back in the hunt for the division. Then another year or so for legit Super Bowl runs.

But yeah, getting Brissett for Dorsett was a loving steal. And there will probably be the opportunity to flip Brissett for some draft picks if they want to.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Is this the first time the Texans have ever legitimately had the best QB in the division? Who were the Jags and Titans QBs the year Peyton was hurt?

e: Hasselbeck and Gabbert apparently

Luck is going to practice this week. So he'll probably be back not for this game, but the next. So enjoy that week of having the best QB!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

You think he'll be back that quickly after doing nothing football related since last season ended? Most people seem to be saying in three to four weeks but :shrug:

Did he put on any weight? Because god drat that Dune picture

Apparently he has been throwing, so arm strength won't be too much of an issue. Mainly it's going to be getting back into action, which shouldn't take him long. He looks to be running the scout team this week.

So yeah, I think week 6 is going to be his return date. If all goes well, he'll take the full first team reps next week. And when you have a QB do that, you start them. Doesn't make sense to split reps when the only way Luck is going to get back to form is by practicing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Luck is at least 4 weeks from playing. He isn't even practicing every day. No hard throws yet. Do you even bother to bring him back for 6 games? I guess you need to know if he needs mores surgery in the off season. I hope he is just milking this to get traded the hell away from this team.

The reports were that he was making hard throws. His strength and velocity was up. Then the soreness came so they shut him down. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, but I do trust what Holder reports.

Also I loving hate when people are like "boy I hope our best player leaves our team!" What a stupid loving thing to say, especially since the team actually has a good GM and some nice young players now. Probably a couple of years out from competing, but Luck will still be in his prime then.

But I don't think putting Luck on IR is the right thing to do. He's probably gonna miss a lot more of the season than what people hoped, but if he's put on IR, then he can't practice with the team. So even if he can't play, you wouldn't want to keep him away from practicing for over a year. It's not like his spot is really keeping any game changer from joining the team, either.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Is it ok if I hope Luck leaves the Colts

Yeah, of course! Just like me saying I hope Watson actually turns out to be like RG3 with a really great first year then terrible afterwards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

They should also turn off Pagano's key card access to the stadium

They're not even getting better or developing the young players they drafted. Mack still isn't getting enough touches and they had Quincy Wilson as a healthy scratch. They look worse each week, and now the coaches are actively hampering the development of young guys. The coaches have to go.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They threw it to Mack a whole bunch, and he dropped it a whole bunch. I would count on him being benched next week.

Nah, he had one drop then another was close, but the pass was off and he was gonna be murdered if he caught it anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddammit Texans. The one year I want you to do well and you pull stupid poo poo like this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Andrew Luck goes to IR the same day Watson tears his ACL.

I fear there is some bad voodoo against the AFC South's QBs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Deshaun would have styled all over the Colts D

Luck vs. Watson woulda been a game in like the 50s.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Give Deshaun Watson the MVP

Nah, Luck deserves it since we are only now learning how much Grigson tried to ruin him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

"Luck's shoulder still hurts and is inflamed and we have no idea why"

Not to worry. He's gone to the magical realm of Europe where he'll return as Andrew the White. Come back at the turn of the tide.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 16, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Andrew the White* :colbert:

Whoops, I hosed that up as badly as Ryan Grigson did the Colts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gabbert revenge game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts are winning the race to the bottom for best draft position!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at some Texans fan talking like their team has actually done anything even when they've had success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And us Colts fans thank you for beating us, for it improves our draft position and leads us to a coaching change!

• Locked thread