Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

Bouye, Wilfork maybe (hopefully?), Lechler, Griffin, Simon, Demps

Probably won't be able to keep them all

Then maybe Oboushi, he probably doesn't get much money so he could be a depth signing or become the starter if Jeff Allen continues to suck

I would keep Lechler and Bouye out of that group, maybe Simon if he's cheap.

E: wilfork too but he's more mulling retirement than a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Probably Magic posted:

There's always the second round.

Not if the Jags get him first!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

The Texans will get a good QB just as the defense goes back to being crap like the early Schaub years

And I mean good like Schaub level good, not like elite level good

That offense was so much more fun to watch than this shitshow we have now. Kubiak really knew how to scheme around a bunch of garbage on the roster on offense.

Athanatos posted:

The Texans seem ok at building teams...outside of that one position.

But that one is pretty important.

It's like the opposite of the Colts the last 4 years.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

I sure am loving all the noise I'm hearing in Houston these days about how Romo is a bad idea and we should trade whatever it takes to get Jimmy G instead

This is the Brady backup that will be different. Nevermind that New England is completely willing to trade him away, just ignore that.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

It's amazing to me that they're not even considering Cutler

I imagine if O'Brien couldn't get along with Osweiler, him and Cutler might make Buddy Ryan vs Kevin Gilbride look tame in comparison.

I put our QB woes entirely on O'Brien.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Neil Armbong posted:

lol, wut. Dude, he's not making choices on who Rick Smith signs. He keeps giving turds to polish, and they just crumble in his hands.

lol.

Yes, control freak Bill O'Brien has no input on who he wants as his QB and is entirely putting this part of his career in the hands of rick smith. Those backup QB's from the Pats were certainly not his choices.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

pubic works project posted:

They started doing Luck ones too.

You mean this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/892772664288333825

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Sad King Billy posted:

A bit old and I may not have been paying attention, the Texans have signed a safety from the Jets, Marcus Gilchrist

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/01/ex-jets-s-marcus-gilchrist-lands-with-texans/

Apparently he was outperformed by the two rookies the Jets brought in.

With Joeseph, Jackson, and Johnson I'm not as worried about the safeties. I think If Gilchrist can be just a guy then that's fine if salary matches the role.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I thought Watson looked alright in the preseason game. God help me

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Goddamn. This clown show at QB has got to end at some point, it's embarrassing watching a young QB get pulled at halftime of the opener.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He was a statue in the pocket, pulling him was the right call. Every passing play was a sack or int risk. Watson was much more elusive in the pocket.

pubic works project posted:

Was Savage ever anything but a placeholder for Watson? I mean, he was garbage so if he stunk it up, why not pull him.

If a head coach can't figure out who the better QB is after OTA's, training camp and all the other poo poo that goes into an off-season then that is probably not a good head coach. If savage was just a placeholder why even have him be the starting QB in week 1 if his leash is so short that he could be pulled by halftime?

What I am saying is even with savage being legit bad it's a stupid way to run a football team. It was stupid when it was Hoyer/Mallet, and it's stupid now.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 11, 2017

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Just heard on NFLN when discussing the AFCS:

"Let's not talk about the Colts"

E: I think MJD does a good job on tv.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Goddamn Watson was loving electric today. I really hope O'Brien doesn't gently caress him up before he's not the head coach anymore but this kid is fun to watch.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

lol I still can't believe the Texans a) actually honest to god should have won a meaningful game in Foxborough and b) pissed it away anyway

That final Pats drive was brutal, especially the dropped pick that was basically a gimme game winner

How is b a surprise at all?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Do you guys think that the Texans will retain BOB if they have a bad record but Watson continues to be electric?

Probably won't get rid of him because he has had nothing but above .500 seasons up until now.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

all-Rush mixtape posted:

For fairness, nobody REALLY watches preseason.

I would really hope that O'Brien watches preseason. I want to know what went on during practices that led O'Brien to go with Savage over Watson. Is Watson bad enough in practice that O'Brien is as surprised as we are? He revamped the entire offense in 2 weeks to fit what Watson was good at so he was obviously paying some attention, but I'm really flummoxed over the events that led to the Texans starting Watson.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

If we are still speaking this highly of Watson after next season I am pretty much going all in. I am very optimistic right now.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I wouldn’t mind seeing some great games against the Jags defense in the near future. Go jags indeed

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I didn’t see the jags getting screwed by refs. Blaine Gabbert put it to them (lol).

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Intruder posted:

The Tom Savage version of the Texans beat the Cardinals lol

He did. Unfortunately he gets executed tonight

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

AFCS fun fact: DeShaun Watson still leads the division in passing TD’s by 7. He has not played in 5 games.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I really hope the jags beat the everloving Christ out of the Steelers and/or the Patriots in the playoffs. The Titans and the Colts can suck all of the dicks though.

I’m still high on the World Series and James Harden/Chris Paul (dickpuncher he may be)

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Good on the Titans for winning. That first half would worry the poo poo out of me for either the pats or the Steelers.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

You could have taken me for a small fortune betting against the AFCS teams this weekend.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Do you get rid of Bort if he wins in Pittsburgh?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I feel like having Tom Coughlin in the building helps the Jags because I don’t believe he would be a guy to kid himself about how bad Bortles is. Tough to say though, especially if Marrone is all in on Bortles for 2018

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

If you are a Texans fan and you don't hate the Titans more than every other team combined then you're too young to remember the Oilers being swindled out of town.

gently caress the Adams family and gently caress Tennessee for letting him get away with it.

Lived through it. Would rather see a Titans sb win than the Cowboys (barely). I mostly judge who I don’t want to win a title based on how many of the slap dick fans reside in Houston and it feels like there are way more Cowboy fans than anybody else. Titans are a super close second though.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Metapod posted:

I'm extremely terrified about this coach search this can go bad quickly

If ownership is in charge of the search it’ll be bad. If it’s Robinson it might work out.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I wanted to laugh at the Colts but I wasn’t really sold on McDaniels being reformed or a good HC anyway so :shrug:

I know I read something about them looking at Matt Ruhle from Baylor and I think they should go with that.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Who do the Titans have to do pass rush things? I have no doubt the linebackers will be real good, I just don’t know if I am missing a stud somewhere up front.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Looks like a homeless person’s Buc-eees, don’t @me.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

The Jaguars signed a guard that I am not familiar with, Andrew Norwell, who was a First Team All Pro to be the highest paid guard in the league. :woop:

:smith:

I like him and was sad the Texans did not appear to want anything to do with him in FA. I'm not really sold on Solder being the answer for the Texans at LT, but it looks like that is the plan :/

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

I like the Mathieu signing, we need secondary players so loving bad.

Any opinions on the signing of former NE special teams guy (Bademosi) to a $6m/2y contract? Seems like a lot for a primarily ST guy.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKP88B4M2kE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Please relentlessly mock and make fun of the dumbass owner of my favorite sports team:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/texans-owner-bob-mcnair-recalculates-his-apology-for-inmates-remark-1522941584

Free source: http://archive.is/5Pvso

b0ng fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 5, 2018

• Locked thread