Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I've got it.

Punch nazis right the gently caress out, but nazi sympathizers just act like you're going to punch them and make em flinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

one sentence one fallacy ratio going on there. Obviously not every idiot who voted for trump, or frankly, didn't do the loving right thing and vote against trump, is a nazi. But the offices of campaigns are always staffed by the most zealous, and trumps campaign did indeed employ white power fucks as well as benefit directly from that massive growth in hate group identification during the obama admin. He is not a republican from 10 years ago or even loving 4. People are trying to describe the world to you here and you shrug. Just go to bed, dream that there are nazis reading this very thread, delighted that his prey is divided on whether he is a threat.

can't remember the last time i dreamed about an omnipresent cartoon villain reading all my posts on the internet, sounds cool, night night

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

night night sweet baby, stronger people than you will avert catastrophe in spite of you.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

night night sweet baby, stronger people than you will avert catastrophe in spite of you.

we're meeting behind the denny's, wear all black and bring a mask. codeword is "pittsburgh lambic"

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

:siren:BAD POSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
I have been reading this thread on and off. But I have yet to see anyone explain how punching nazi's will stop them from spreading their hate and taking power? What stops them from protecting each other? Just waiting till one of the is assaulted and then killing the puncher, all while being within their rights? And you can respond with shooting the person, or even a well placed bat to the head will do it. I don't think they could get away with 20 people punching and kicking the 'puncher' till he's dead, but there is nothing stopping them from using deadly force after he's punched one of them.

I'm not convinced in the slightest that punching nazi's is the answer to them preaching genocide.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Indigofreak posted:

I have been reading this thread on and off. But I have yet to see anyone explain how punching nazi's will stop them from spreading their hate and taking power? What stops them from protecting each other? Just waiting till one of the is assaulted and then killing the puncher, all while being within their rights? And you can respond with shooting the person, or even a well placed bat to the head will do it. I don't think they could get away with 20 people punching and kicking the 'puncher' till he's dead, but there is nothing stopping them from using deadly force after he's punched one of them.

I'm not convinced in the slightest that punching nazi's is the answer to them preaching genocide.

for the nth time, the only language nazis speak is violence. punching them and making them be afraid to spew their bile is an objective good. Richard Spencer is now afraid to preach genocide.

this isn't some ginormous logical leap

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Indigofreak posted:

Yeah it's going to suck poo poo when all these nazi's and poo poo that post in youtube comments actually fight back with their automatics and poo poo, but it is massively cathartic to see nazi's getting smacked like they deserve

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

stone cold posted:

for the nth time, the only language nazis speak is violence. punching them and making them be afraid to spew their bile is an objective good. Richard Spencer is now afraid to preach genocide.

this isn't some ginormous logical leap

Doesn't look like it to me. It was an act. He isn't afraid at all. He's still spewing his hate all over. It was ineffective.

And even if it was, one man being afraid after being punched is not a large enough case study to prove that it will work on them all, or anyone else for that matter.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Indigofreak posted:

Doesn't look like it to me. It was an act. He isn't afraid at all. He's still spewing his hate all over. It was ineffective.

so this is just the reality denying thread, got it

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

stone cold posted:

so this is just the reality denying thread, got it

You're the only one denying reality. He is still posting his bullshit all over twitter. It didn't silence him.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Indigofreak posted:

You're the only one denying reality. He is still posting his bullshit all over twitter. It didn't silence him.

wrong

quote:

“I was planning to go out tomorrow during the Women’s March to do some journalism but I can’t do that anymore,” Spencer told viewers. “I have reached a stage of being a public figure where I am going to be recognised and then be attacked."

but please keep :qq:ing

punching nazis is objectively good

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

I'm not wrong. You are wrong. He is still preaching hate. It didn't silence him in the least bit.

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/825922972896538626

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

yeah we're probably hosed because nazis could shoot up a black bloc and liberals would ask the nazis which drycleaner they want their uniform cleaned at before it dawns on them that they're the baddies.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Indigofreak posted:

I'm not wrong. You are wrong. He is still preaching hate. It didn't silence him in the least bit.

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/825922972896538626

it's a different scene to be keyboard preaching than actively going out in public and spewing hate at the media in an interview

but I guess if you're really dumb both things look exactly the same

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

if you don't wanna punch nazis, then have fun being a collaborator

hope ur head gets shaved

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
meh

This isn't fear, this is trying manipulate the media and the low-info folks into taking his side or, failing that, figuring that "both sides are the same" as usual. He's trying to bring antifa down to his level by painting them as a bunch of illiberal thugs with no respect for human rights.

When he's legit afraid he'll delete his twitter account, stop posting to his blog, and disappear from the internet forever.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Kilroy posted:

meh

This isn't fear, this is trying manipulate the media and the low-info folks into taking his side or, failing that, figuring that "both sides are the same" as usual. He's trying to bring antifa down to his level by painting them as a bunch of illiberal thugs with no respect for human rights.

When he's legit afraid he'll delete his twitter account, stop posting to his blog, and disappear from the internet forever.

counterpoint: punch nazi scum

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Indigofreak posted:

And even if it was, one man being afraid after being punched is not a large enough case study to prove that it will work on them all, or anyone else for that matter.

He ran away crying and holding his huwty ear and he himself admits that that loving gif actually really damaged his cause, which is great, so let's see it and all enjoy it together :buddy:

“I’m afraid this is going to become the meme to end all memes,” Spencer said in a periscope video. “That I’m going to hate watching this.”

I love the way he cowers and cringes as he runs away :allears:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The real reason to keep punching nazis is because spouting off about white superiority while being constantly punched in the face by a wide variety of people really puts holes in your theory on a demonstrable level.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

God his hair somehow gets worse every time I see it

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wish people could post in this thread without accusing each other of being nazi supporters / sympathizers. I like the discussion but can't stand the toxic circle jerking and name calling. It makes D&D such a shithole

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I've not seen a good example of how principle is capable of protecting people from nazis, but hey, that's just me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nazism relies on projecting an image of strength. Antifa forcing the nazis to cower in fear on camera shatters that illusion of strength, and hence hurts the nazi cause. This is good.

Besides that I'm still kinda baffled at the bunch of ignorant liberals who are seriously arguing that punching nazis is somehow going to escalate the level of violence in society, as if nazi ideology isn't explicitly based on using indiscriminate political violence against whoever the target du jour happens to be. The nazi doesn't need a reason to escalate the level of violence and the only reason why the nazis aren't employing violence is because they don't feel strong enough at the moment.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nazism relies on projecting an image of strength. Antifa forcing the nazis to cower in fear on camera shatters that illusion of strength, and hence hurts the nazi cause. This is good

Cool, why don't you show me an example of Nazis cowering in fear as a result of this punch, because last time I checked Richard Spencer was still posting / giving interviews / etc.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

stone cold posted:

you have no empathy for victims of genocide, and your gut feeling is how to avoid punches

go jerk off to eichmann, you total loving pig

the german constitutional court just rejected banning the neonazi party for the second time and the official reasoning of the court was "lol the neonazi party degenerated into a bunch of loving losers too incompetent to ever take over the country again, why should we bother to ban them?"

the first time it was "lol the neonazi party is mostly incompetent spies from disorganised interior security agencies reporting each other for trying to fit in too hard"

as a result they get arrested for being drunk violent thugs with the same level of efficiency (very variable, depending on how long ago the last shambolic police fuckup made national news and embarassed someone into doing something) as generic organised criminals

maybe america should follow the federal republic of germany's example when it comes to nazis

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 30, 2017

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

enki42 posted:

Cool, why don't you show me an example of Nazis cowering in fear as a result of this punch, because last time I checked Richard Spencer was still posting / giving interviews / etc.

Why don't you explin why there suddenly is a requirement that all of nazism must be defeated with a single punch in order for said punch to have any effect whatsoever?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
The end result here probably is first some kids getting shot for trying to punch a nazi, the shooters will just claim self defense and walk free. And after that, it will be nazis trying to provoke people so that they can retaliate freely.

So there will probably be a lot more visibly armed nazis holding speeches near rallies, mosques and whatnots in future.

I guess at least the normalization of political violence will benefit left more. Wait.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Cerebral Bore posted:

Why don't you explin why there suddenly is a requirement that all of nazism must be defeated with a single punch in order for said punch to have any effect whatsoever?

OK, how about examples of this working in the past?

In my experience, anyone who can not be reasoned with and uses violence instead doesn't exactly run screaming for the hills as soon as violence erupts. They welcome that violence. They're looking for a fight. Either because they like fighting, or because it paints the people being violent to them as thugs and themselves as a victim.

enki42 fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 30, 2017

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Nazi posters gently caress off

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Apparently the only possible responses to white supremacists according to posters in this thread:

- Punch them
- Throw them a party

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

enki42 posted:

OK, how about examples of this working in the past?

No, first you answer the question posed to you. I'm not going to waste my time if all you're going to do is shift goalposts and demand that I prove negatives.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Personally I think normalization of political violence is inevitable. It's time we as leftists took advantage of America's gun laws, bought some handguns and rifles, got some time at the range.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

enki42 posted:

Apparently the only possible responses to white supremacists according to posters in this thread:

- Punch them
- Throw them a party

I'm from European refugee descent and I say kill em all.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Cerebral Bore posted:

No, first you answer the question posed to you. I'm not going to waste my time if all you're going to do is shift goalposts and demand that I prove negatives.

OK, sure:

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm not asking for Nazism to be defeated. I'm asking for any evidence whatsoever that that punch, or any punch has been effective in combating Nazism. If I was "shifting goalposts", I was shifting them in your favour (from "show me how this was effective against Richard Spencer" to "show me how punches were effective against any Nazi")

Also, how am I asking you to prove a negative? I'm asking you to prove a positive - if you want me to support an extreme act (violent protest), then show me that it can be effective.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

enki42 posted:

OK, sure:

I'm not asking for Nazism to be defeated. I'm asking for any evidence whatsoever that that punch, or any punch has been effective in combating Nazism. If I was "shifting goalposts", I was shifting them in your favour (from "show me how this was effective against Richard Spencer" to "show me how punches were effective against any Nazi")

Also, how am I asking you to prove a negative? I'm asking you to prove a positive - if you want me to support an extreme act (violent protest), then show me that it can be effective.

Looks like punching Richard Spencer is working so there is your evidence.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Range of definitions of Nazis per this thread:
- Person who directly, personally advocates genocide and uses the literal word "Nazi" to describe themselves
- Republican voter

Range of acceptable level of violence:
- Punch with no lasting injury
- Actual murder

What do you mean, a slippery slope, you spineless liberal?

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

esto es malo posted:

Looks like punching Richard Spencer is working so there is your evidence.

How? He's still posting on Twitter (his most recent post is using violence against him to further spread his message and paint his attackers as thugs and himself as the victim). So from where I'm standing, it's either had no effect or maybe a negative effect.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

enki42 posted:

World War 2. Now you can explain to me your preferred way of dealing with nazis and why it's effective.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

enki42 posted:

Sure here's one:

owwww it hutsss :(((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Panzeh posted:

Personally I think normalization of political violence is inevitable. It's time we as leftists took advantage of America's gun laws, bought some handguns and rifles, got some time at the range.

Agreed, simply being better at violence is an option, especially since there's more of antifa than nazis.

• Locked thread