Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

do you guys not just use rest mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Really not feeling the gameplay in this one. Feels like they took 3/4 of the moves out and split the rest among the 3 stances

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

majima is really way more fun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ugh its so hard to get the timing for the disco minigame

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the people who thought the kamoji training was good should be shot out of a cannon into the sun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i realized i was only posting in this thread to complain about things so i want to say that i'm enjoying the game a lot but gently caress THESE OTHER CARS IN OUTRUN GAH

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Stelas posted:

Getting a turkey, the easy way:

Pick the purple ball, it's the second-last one I think.
Move your position to the left-most or right-most dot.
Aim for the centre pin, full speed, no spin. If you miss, correct with a little spin to try to hit the centre pin.

Taking it from that angle makes it absurdly easy to get a strike, I just bowled a 283.

you're my hero

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

did there really need to be like 10 telephone club sidequests

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1 and 2 at least had coherent stories, I couldn't possibly explain to you what happened in 3 through 5.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I had so much hope for Daigo at the end of 2, then he spent 3 in a coma, in 4 he was a bad guy somehow (aren't the yakuza supposed to steal money???), and in 5 he just ditched everyone for baseball reasons. :sigh:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man i would love to play 2 again

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

Holy poo poo buddy, long time no see!

I'm having trouble understanding what heat moves In have access to in Rush style... Is it just triangle by downed or stunned enemies?

Edit: I love how every objective flashes up on the screen with equal importance

FIND A PAYPHONE

the alternate styles usually don't have as many heat options but you can unlock more from doing the training for it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

bizarre to go from sony having to basically pay sega to release yakuza 5 to this

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's true i am excited

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I mean it's in the Japanese name of the game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if you didn't buy the rush move before fighting shimano get hosed i guess

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

bwuuuh majima is the greatest bowler of all time???

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Where's the dude that gives you stuff for your collection points?

southwest corner of the map just standing next to a pole or something

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cubicle gangster posted:

I'm really not feeling that bosses can heal in kiwami either. Always hated it in other games, healing items I feel should only be the players advantage. At least you can wail on them while they do it, but they're still gonna get a chunk of their life bar back. Like it's not already glacially slow to chip away at already.

Anyway I still like it, it's more Yakuza, but those are my issues so far.

buy the moves that let you cancel that

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Fat Samurai posted:

There is a bug card on a tree in Public Park 3. I must have it but the game won't let me.

Also, now I understand the frustration the bosses in 0 must have felt with a Majima with Hyper Armour wailing on them with a bat.

Get as close as possible and click the right stick to go to first person and look at it. If the crosshair doesn't snap to it you're not in the exact correct spot so move a little and try again

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

where are the super slick tires? I've cleaned out every shop that sells parts

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Is the Yakuza 1 story way more bloody than later games or am I misremembering?

not just the story, i just watched some guy get shot in the face in a sidequest

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Majima has been on break for the last like 6 hours and I miss him

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

Dammit why can't I find the Majima I'm looking for. I've fought him like a dozen times now but Everyone's Idol Majima just refuses to spawn for me, it's the last one I need to fully upgrade the Dragon style too

he's a rare dancing type so supposedly he spawns more often around the hotel district. i've been going in and out of the convenience store there and have gotten him once already

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

She's in a sidequest at the end of 1

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MrJacobs posted:

Kiwami or PS2 1? If Kiwami, which side quest?

Both. It's called The Yakuza's Wife, it shows up right before the end of the game, when it says "hey this is your last chance to go do stuff in town"

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Beast, square square hold triangle. Trashes groups and bosses not in the arena. Also works great on majima if you don't have tiger drop yet

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 5, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

One thing I'm a bit disappointed by in this game. In the Japanese version during the final fight with Shimano and his goons the song that plays in the background is a remix of Receive You, but in the US version it's just some generic fight music.

I figured they'd actually be able to get the opening music (same track?) for this one since it was made for the game but guess not

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeaaaa

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that ain't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXBIWUzRg2M

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

So uh when are those dudes going to get back to me on that whole banana club thing. Haven't gotten my call back yet. Maybe they took my number down wrong

take a walk past the place on the map you got the quest. that convenience store in the south east corner iirc

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i bounced like 10 couches off his head

think i did that in the original game too

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Kiwami Question: How am I supposed to beat the 4 Lost Souls in Komaki's training?

Its the one to learn Komaki Fist Reversal. The 4 dudes you have to fight gang up on you and all attack at once with long combos and continue beating on you when they knock you down.

Since you have to fight them with Dragon Style, is there some skill you get from Majima that makes this easier? I'm about to reach Rank B with Majima, so theres still a bunch of skills i can pick up, but I'm trying to get Tiger Drop from Komaki as fast as I can.

Throwing them over and over worked pretty well for me. It hits the other guys nearby when you do it so they have a hard time interrupting you.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Haven't noticed it in zero or kiwami

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i mean they said they made kiwami 2 because of the success of zero in the west, we're absolutely getting it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That's not true at all. The market in Japan has shrunk so much that they can't ignore the rest of the world. For years Japanese games were coming out on PS4 only for the West because no one in Japan owned the things until persona 5 came out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Play 0

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Beelerzebub posted:

Out of curiosity, are there still fighting styles in 6?

No

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think they've explicitly said it was a problem with the collectors edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They're cranking out multiples a year over in japan so maybe not