Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

"Oh Yuki, you're so awkward and nobody likes you!" *Yuki effortlessly bilks $500,000 out of a rich dude.*

Majima is really giving those girls a poo poo deal, seeing as they frequently earn him tens of thousands of dollars in a single night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

By the way, I just want to mention that Tachibana is a really great character and I was super bummed when he died. Before getting to see his sister even :(. I'm playing Kiwami now, and I hope that the remake threw in some mention of Tachibana, because it's pretty implausible that Kiryu would just forget about someone who had such an important role in his first big "adventure."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

They aren't in

But you find out why later

I hope it turns out that Pocket Circuit Fighter has become the new head of the Omi Alliance or something. Like his wife left him and he decided to use his Pocket Circuit skills for evil.

Neo Rasa posted:

I really do love that. We're now going on thirteen years of these games, so much drama, so much action, so many friends made and lost and so much death around him.

I like that sort of goofy smile Kiryu does when he's observing the way children have resolved their conflicts and made friends through Pocket Circuit/MesuKing/whatever. He does this thing where he sorta smiles and nods his head while the children become friends.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

garfield hentai posted:

I know I'm pretty late to this but I just finished 0 and moved onto Kiwami after having not played any of these since PS2. I assumed going in that Majima's story would explain how he turned from an eccentric guy to a full on lunatic, and after getting into it a bit I figured that it'd be something involving Motoko, like she dies and he goes mad with grief or he decides that it's not worth caring about anything anymore because with her gone nothing has any meaning or something along those lines. Instead at the end he's just like "drat a lot of people I met were completely loving bonkers. I really admired them, I should be like that too".

I like how some of the people he admired include at least a couple people who are totally cool with murdering this young woman, and the woman he's in love with nonetheless. Like I get the point they were trying to make, but it seems like they expected us to just forget what total shitheads some of these guys were prior to their inevitably death scenes.

edit: What's his name (grey hair guy) wasn't even that crazy; I can at least understand the "this dude lived a wild life" argument with the guy who was shot by the cop (can't remember anyone's names).

edit2: As a random Yakuza 5 comment, it amuses me how Haruka's comedy subquest would have actually been a zillion times easier with the original Japanese subtitles, because you'd know exactly how each line was going to end (and then would just need to time your button for right after it ended. But in English you have no choice but to memorize exactly when each line ends, because it's hard to predict what the original Japanese said for each English subtitle. I imagine in the original Japanese, the most important thing was figuring out the correct button prior to the end of the line, but in English it's all about memorizing how each line ends and hitting the button immediately afterwards.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 17, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm playing Shinada's chapter in Yakuza 5, and this one subquest involves giving an endorsement speech for this shithead politician who wants to lower taxes for the rich (with the typical conservative rationale of "to prevent rich people from taking their business abroad") and increase government child support by increasing taxes on single people. gently caress this guy! I'm tempted to gently caress up this speech just to prevent this man from ever having any influence in the government.

edit: Then again, this dude is a small business owner so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 18, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It actually kinda bugs me how Akiyama makes people do all this work showing their willingness to work hard as hostesses or doing hard physical labor when he was apparently blessed with god's gift to make Literally A Billion Dollars day trading within just a few years. Dude has the god-given talent to make a zillion dollars on the internet and he's lecturing others about the necessity of hard work.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm in the final chapter of Yakuza 5 now. I liked the twist with Katsuya (him being good, though the twist with the cop being the Omi Alliance chairman was both extremely predictable and pretty dumb. Like, was he just counting on Kiryu and Saejima being too dumb to actually check if he was an actual cop (granted, that's probably a pretty fair assumption to make about Kiryu/Saejima)? Has the appearance of the Omi Alliance chairman been kept a total secret for decades?

I also liked Shinada as a character.

gyrobot posted:

Akiyama stated that he was a skilled banker back in the day, even then he wasn't making money by being the silver bullet dealer, he had to earn his money by buying and selling stocks based on the proper supply and demand. So at the start there were days when his stocks won't make much because no one wanted it, and on days where people wanted to invest he could fulfill that demand and make some money off day trading.

Yeah, my point is that no one manages to reliably outperform the market - much less do so to the extent of "turning $10,000 into Literally a Billion Dollars" - unless they're a total genius (or more accurately have super powers). Being a banker doesn't give you magic super day-trader skills.

I mean, realistically the game is just underestimating how completely ludicrous it is to be able to turn $10,000 into that much money through day-trading, but it still comes off as kinda lovely for Akiyama to lecture others about hard work when he can make 1000x as much money through day trading.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doc Morbid posted:

Well then, on to Yakuza 5! :getin:

I think I liked 5 more than 4 overall, though its ending was....strange. Other than that, it was a good, if a bit too long and drawn-out. If I could do things over again, I wouldn't have bothered with most of the side quests. Saejima's hunting side story was particularly tedious, if profitable. Shinada's batting sub-story was kind of funny in the sense that it starts out really hard and then becomes trivially easy once you get some gear and upgrade your abilities a little.

Ending spoilers: Having Aizawa as the final boss was just really weird. Was he just faking it the rest of the game? He lost easily to Saejima and had trouble with that foreign dude in the ring, but then he's capable of a final boss battle against Kiryu (granted, Kiryu had a gun-shot wound - one of the rare gun-shot wounds that actually had an impact on him). Having the detective be the other Big Bad was very predictable, though it relies on a bunch of active stupidity on the part of characters not bothering to check whether this guy was actually a cop.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

Shinohara rules and I want him to be my best friend

Speaking of real people in Yakuza games, the darts guy in Yakuza 6 was so awkward. His English lines felt so out of place.

On the upside, darts in 6 was much better than in some of the other games; instead of the semi-random nature of the past ones, you could reliably hit what you wanted to as long as you timed it right.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oda vaguely reminds me of Akiyama. Something about the way he talks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kiryu's just a kinda weird and awkward guy. Like Onmi said, he loved Yumi, and that was pretty much that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I'm at like chapter 6 or 7 in Yakuza 6 ("Heiheiza") and while I'm enjoying it, it's not coming close to what I felt in Yakuza 0. A lot of the fun stuff in Y0 just seemed incredible dynamic and off the wall and bursting with energy, tons of explosive poo poo happening at every moment. This game seems more muted, figuratively and literally so far---not many cues for music with side stories or other things you're doing, and the side activities don't seem as plentiful.

I think it also suffers from a weaker cast, since the 3 antagonists in the Dojima clan from Yakuza 0 just felt more fun to play with, alongside Majima's handler/Oda/Tachibana/the crazy knife man. The Hiroshima guys just aren't as interesting and antagonists like the Starshine boss or the successor to the chairman all come off as the same smug personality. Maybe it's just me but when a lot of the plot rolls off Kiryu's shoulders ("I'm retired, I don't care about the Tojo affairs, I don't care about this or that just let me keep rolling") then it doesn't matter a lot to me, either. Maybe that's the point though, to keep throwing all this poo poo at him until Kiryu and the player are effectively fatigued of yakuza life and just want to settle down to play baseball, manage an anti-gang, and drink soda.

While 0 had (mostly) better villains (with the notably exceptions of Hirose and Someya), I overall kinda felt the opposite of that. All the other Yakuza games I've played (which is all except 2 and 3) have had this feel like they were bouncing from crazy plot-point to crazy plot-point, and 6 felt like it had a much more natural flow to it and told a more compelling story.

I liked the Onomichi characters a lot. One thing I really liked is how they don't contrive some bullshit story for Haruku getting pregnant; I was expecting either some sob story or for it to not be her baby. Instead she just met this dude (who as far as she knew at the time had nothing special about him) and they hooked up, which was pretty realistic all things considered, particularly given the treatment Haruka had gotten in previous games, including literally being an idol.

edit: Oh, one unrelated thing that bugged me is that neither Yakuza 1 Kiwami nor Yakuza 6 ever mention Tachibana, which really sucked because Tachibana should have been some massively important character in Kiryu's history, and those games were made after 0 (or at least 6 was, I think Kiwami 1 also was? could be wrong about that). Like, they mention the Pocket Circuit folks in both those games, but not Tachibana.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 19, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Shinada and the Most Heinous Baseball Mystery was a funny chapter. Honestly, tone down the baseball by just 1% and I'd be down for more Shinada in the future. He's a dorky dude.

I liked Shinada a lot, and I'm sad he didn't ever get mentioned in 6 (unless I missed something).

projecthalaxy posted:

Shinada's section should have been replaced with the adventures of Shinada's (landlord? Bookie? Loan shark? That dude who always stole Shinada's money for his fourth grade kid) as he attempted to become Neo Mr Shakedown and rob akiyama

His loan shark guy was great. It's always really easy to tell which characters are based off of real people.

CharlestonJew posted:

So the leader of the Omi Alliance, who despite being one of the most powerful figures in the underworld somehow nobody knows what he looks like, wants to install his bastard son as the leader of the Tojo Clan. He does this by... uh... trying to kill his top captains in the Omi along with Saejima, Kiryu, and Daigo. Something about idols, and then I guess the reasoning is that if Aizawa reaches Tojo HQ when no one else is around, touches it and shouts "BASE" he becomes the leader of the Tojo? gently caress it

Yeah, no one recognizing this guy was dumb as hell. His plans all basically relied on people never figuring out who he was. poo poo, Kiryu could have just looked into whether that guy is an actual policeman.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 26, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

it's a crime that Y6 has a full baseball minigame and Shinada isn't even mentioned

Ah, I hadn't even thought of this. Yeah, they should have at least made him some recruitable character or something, lol.

I can understand not featuring other characters much due to it being Kiryu's final story and all, but it's weird that Majima didn't feature much, given his fairly deep connection with Kiryu. Like, they gave Akiyama some content, but not this character who is considerably more significant than him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm sad that I couldn't school this pencil pusher on modern monetary theory.

This reminds me of the quest where Shinada helps out some shithead conservative politician.

widespread posted:

I'd like to take a moment to say WOW WHAT THE gently caress OGITA YOUR DANCE MOVES ARE TOO GOOD FOR MY SHIRTLESS DRAGON BOY gently caress I might just beat all Majima stories instead and then move onto Kiwami, then fight Amon there. gently caress.

Whoa, I just realized Ogita from 5 is the same Ogita in 0. My mind is blown.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 27, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zanael posted:

Went karaoke with Majima in Kiwami 2 and drat, right in the feels, him singing "I love you" on still images of Makoto a good 20 years after the events of Yakuza 0 is so very sad.

Shouldn't he have married (and then split with) Mirei Park at some point between Makoto and this? Maybe he just never loved Park as much, lol.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The basic premise of Yakuza 2 is really goofy; it doesn't really seem to fit Kiryu's character at all to abandon Haruka for the sake of Terada's wishes.

edit: Also, I've had it spoiled that (something that I think is a Yakuza 2 ending spoiler)Terada is actually alive and faked his death, though I'm kinda curious as to how they're going to explain that given Kiryu was sitting there as he flat-lined. Unless he hired the ambulance and the guys in it and everyone just did a perfect performance, which I guess isn't that unusual in this series.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 4, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How many new sub stories (and other content) are added in Kiwami 2, and how good are they? How does it compare with Kiwami 1 in that regard? I'm kinda curious to see Sotenbori with the Yakuza 6 engine.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doc M posted:

I think the blurriness is by far the biggest problem with Yakuza 4. I can deal with 720p, 30 fps and the occasional aliasing (which I never thought was a huge issue with Yakuza 4), but the blur just makes the whole thing look like a mess. I think it was meant to make the visuals appear less jaggy and did a decent job on that front, but... well, just look at this:

Yeah, it was really difficult to get used to. I spent a while trying to figure out if something was wrong (I tried playing it using that PS streaming service, and thought it was because it was streaming at a lower resolution). Felt like I was wearing glasses with the wrong prescription or something.

Fortunately 5 was much better in that reward.

Vikar Jerome posted:

also love how you can recognize street locations like your own actual home town. yakuza is the best.

I actually vastly prefer Yakuza's type of "much smaller but highly dense" open world to the type in games like GTA or whatever. The games do a greater job of actually making you familiar with the area; after a while you can navigate places without even needing to check the map.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 10, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ymgve posted:

It's insane how many major character lives would have been saved if they'd actually prioritized getting first aid over monologuing for 15 minutes while bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds

Or not leaving a loaded gun on the ground next to a homicidal enemy you thought you defeated.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, the lead character in this Judge Eyes game is apparently played by Kimura Takuya, lead actor from the 90s J-drama "Long Vacation" (as well as many other dramas plus the boy band SMAP).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

luxury handset posted:

he does his tough guy yakuza act while introducing himself as "takeuchi yuko", a popular female actress who is like the opposite of a swaggering tough guy

I knew I recognize Takeuchi Yuko from somewhere, and it turns out it was from another J-drama I watched as a teenager - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch_no_Jo%C5%8D

Do not ask me why I watched a bunch of Japanese television dramas aimed at office ladies during my high school years.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't understand Virtua Fighter. I have no idea what determines whether attacks connect, or how to block attacks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, I'm so hyped that Judgement is out. I thought it wasn't coming out until next year or something, but then suddenly saw that it was released today.

One cool thing that surprised me is that the protagonist is played by Kimura Takuya (or Kimutaku as he's known by fans). That dude was in a number of J-Dramas (because he was in SMAP) that I watched back in high school, like Long Vacation*, Beautiful Life, Love Generation, etc.

* the dude with the puffy hair in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiNQeQQJWgw

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Having played all the numbered games I feel obligated to rank them (best to least best): 0, 5, 6, K2, 3, K1, 4. If 6 had a coliseum it would probably be number 2.

Any reason you put 4 last? I actually liked 4. Arai in particular was a very "charismatic" semi-antagonist, and it was also the game to introduce a lot of great characters.

I also really liked police dude, which is apparently an unpopular opinion. He had neat side quests, and I'm happy to see the release of a game (in Judgement) vaguely following the idea of "being an investigator."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Resistance to the new characters is part of it. Saejima is fine and Akiyama grew on me, but there's a scene where Tanimura allows a dude to continue illegally hiring and raping foreign girls in exchange for money and information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1d1nISHnzM&t=1911s That was really off-putting and while his move set was interesting I didn't like playing as him.

The chase scenes annoyed me more than they did in 3. Didn't like navigating the rooftops. Fewer of the side activities stood out to me. It was still fun for sure and I'll probably give it another shot, but it's at the bottom of my list for those reasons. Also everyone's sideburns were god awful.

Despite generally liking Akiyama, one thing that I always thought was goofy is how he forces people to jump through all these hoops (sometimes including stuff like making women work for his hostess bar) before he gives them money, while he apparently was blessed with the god-given ability to make infinite money through day trading. Like, my dude, you aren't exactly in a position to be demanding that other people learn the value of a strong work ethic.

Though I do feel like the story in 4 or 5 at some point involved him learning some sort of personal lesson, though I can't remember the context.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the main "gameplay loop" of this a lot, and possibly more than the Yakuza games. Like, it has all the good stuff from those games, but with additional investigation stuff that is more fun than just being fed the plot as you travel from place to place.

Skeezy posted:

Judgement is the first Yakuza series game that I play using the new engine but I’m really feeling like the combat in this is slower compared to Y0. Not that it’s bad but there definitely is more weight the characters.

Are there any tips to this? I’m guessing the upgrades can help speed it up or something?

Edit: I think where I’m messing up is that I’m expecting Yagami to be just like Kiryu and he doesn’t work like that.

Yeah, to be completely honest I also don't like the combat as much with the new engine (I played Yakuza 6 and feel the same about that). It feels less "tight." In the past Yakuza games I became capable of dodging/blocking most attacks, but in Yakuza 6 I just sort of brawled my way through fights and got hit a ton, but was just able to deal with it due to leveling up a bunch. I never really felt like I "figured out" the gameplay like in other Yakuza games.

In this one I've kinda been relying on spamming the wall attacks (which seems to be extremely good and are a great addition - they weren't in Y6). I feel like the controls for dodging/blocking aren't responsive enough to do well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I restarted my game a couple days ago after realizing that there are cats you can miss during parts (as well as some other missables).

As far as I'm aware, the only missables are the cats and a few skill books (that can technically be purchased later for a lot). Is this correct?

Also - what is a good way to make money in this game? I'm running kinda low after blowing a lot on some friendship stuff early in the game. Also, what are the consequences to making mistakes during friendship stuff? My dude blinked while taking his picture for that one Smile Burger girl.

edit: While it's goofy, I also like my character being a badass kung fu dude in this. I like how he's just flipping out during the cutscenes.

Speaking of the kung-fu, I find that I prefer the group-style even for individual fights, since its combos let you move around a bunch and dodge things (which I otherwise find really difficult with the Y6 engine). I imagine that might change after I unlock more skills/upgrades.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 29, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

eating only apples posted:

A really minor question - in the Sana substory, the musician, what does the fat guy's shirt say? One guy has her photo and the other one has her name, but I don't know enough kanji to work out the big guy's shirt.

One thing I've noticed is that, as far as I can tell, there's no way for people who don't know Japanese to know what floor poo poo is on in buildings. There will be a Japanese sign saying what's on each floor, but if someone can't read it (as far as I can tell) they have no choice but to manually check each floor.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

There are other missable trophies in half the chapters that depend on you doing specific things.

The weird thing is I don't care much about trophies, but stuff like the cats where you collect things bug me, and they also gave SP (though a completely trivial amount).

The skill-books seem like a bit of a bigger deal, though; double quick-step (the first missable one) seems like a fairly major thing to either get early or have locked until much later.

Kosume Shezaki posted:

Since I became aware of the period piece spin offs, part of me sees the whole series as a tv show/movie with the characters being actors. That idea's holding strong due to the idea of Kiryu having a send off party with three different actors haruka at her different ages adorable

I don't know if you've ever watched Japanese television dramas, but that's basically what these games are (and a bunch of characters are obviously directly played by actual actors, with Judgement's protagonist being a particularly famous actor).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

eating only apples posted:

Tanimura was a real famous guy too.

Was.

(Hiroki Narimiya was extremely hosed over even more than Pierre Taki was)

Oh man, that sucks. I liked him a lot in "Stand Up!" (my favorite J-drama).

edit: I wonder how these actors end up getting caught. Do people tip off the police or something?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there some skill you need to get to make dodging in this not awful? I just did the second fight against moustache guy, and you literally cannot dodge oncoming attacks. I would see him start to attack and just mash X like crazy and there's just a massive delay before the dodge starts that makes reactive dodging impossible. This happened multiple times, so it wasn't just a fluke. I would repeatedly be like "alright, he's attacking, gonna dodge this" and mash X like crazy and my guy would just stand there and get owned by a katana. I didn't have trouble winning using a couple healing items, but it still sucked because it felt like I couldn't actually play correctly and had no choice but to do a battle of attrition.

edit: I don't remember having this issue in Y6. I wasn't that good at dodging in that, but it was at least physically possible.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'll try to just stick to wall jumps (which are really good), though I still run into the issue where an enemy starts attacking me and this seemingly causes my guy to freeze up. Like katana dude will be 10 feet away, will start attacking, and I'll press my joystick to the side and mash X and...nothing. It was so bad it made me wonder if my controller might have an issue.

I'll buy the dodge roll and see if it helps, though my guy wasn't even executing his sidestep.

One positive thing semi-related to the combat is that the cutscenes and QTE segments are cool as poo poo. Kaito is also a cool bro and I hope he doesn't turn out to be some sociopath antagonist or something. I liked when he jumped into those guys and Yagami is just like "that was totally badass dude."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how Shintani is actually really competent. I initially assumed he'd be sorta equivalent to some defense attorney version of Payne from Phoenix Wright.

CharlestonJew posted:

Quick question, are you locking on using R1 before you try to dodge? They changed how dodging works in this one compared to other Yakuza games, Yagami only does the quickstep when locked on, otherwise he'll start running

Soon-ish after making my last post I realized that this was in fact the cause of the problem I was having! It's still really tough to dodge opponents in close quarters, though. In one of the fights in the yakuza building when you're rescuing the host's sister there was a guy with the katana, and there was seemingly jack poo poo I could do to get out of his way if he came swinging at me, since even dodging couldn't make enough space fast enough. For blockable weapons, blocking seems more reliable than dodging, though it's also hard to reactively do.

edit: I need to invest more in fighting skills, though. I've been focusing on other stuff first, but I should probably put points into stuff like the charge-attack skills, since I'm guessing that's pretty important when fighting boss characters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

There's some sort of shenanigans going on with the "Ace of Japan" home-run course. In all the challenge courses and the first two home-run ones I had an easy time getting home-runs (if I knew the end position) and could tell what I did wrong when I didn't, but even if I cheat and know the locations ahead of time, I can't get home-runs on the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th pitches of the Ace of Japan HR course (at which point I quit since you need 7). I've tried many different timings and done the course at least 20 times, and I haven't gotten a home-run on those specific pitches once. This is very strange.

edit: Sweet jesus, I barely managed to do it. I hit to hit earlier than normal for some reason. I was hitting triples on every single one I didn't get a HR with, which was really frustrating.

vvv No!

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 30, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I beat all of them before getting the gloves or bat. I didn't find the guy who sells them to you until after I already finished it, lol.

Oh well, at least it's done!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat, each health upgrade seems to give a ton of health in this (which makes sense since there's only three). If anyone is holding off, I'd at least get one level of that early-ish since it basically doubles your health.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

man nurse posted:

I'm not crazy, right? This is definitely one of the best Yakuza games made yet. I really like it.

To me, the investigation stuff feels like just a flat-out improvement in terms of adding more "interactivity" to what I've always enjoyed most about the games (the plot/characters).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The pinball machine in your office is ridiculously hard (though pinball is largely luck). I'm pretty sure the gap between the paddles is abnormally large; I usually don't last more than 3 or 4 paddle hits before it goes down the middle.

edit: It also takes a strangely long time to load in/out of. Like, literally 30+ seconds to return to the game after doing pinball.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been doing a bunch of side jobs now that they've opened up. I also finally farmed up the SP to unlock bottomless stomach, though I have my doubts that it'll actually pay itself off in the amount of SP I can get through eating entire menus.