Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Apparently Trump is dumb enough to let Sessions go after recreational marijuana lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Thursday suggested the Trump administration will step up enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana.

“I think you’ll see greater enforcement,” Spicer said, while adding the exact policy is “a question for the Department of Justice.”

It’s the latest sign President Trump is poised to take a tougher approach than the Obama Justice Department did in states that have legalized the use of recreational marijuana.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was coy about his approach last month during his confirmation hearing.
"Using good judgment about how to handle these cases will be a responsibility of mine,” he said. “I know it won't be an easy decision, but I will try to do my duty in a fair and just way."

Sessions has been a critic of recreational marijuana laws in the past.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320902-white-house-hints-at-crackdown-on-recreational-marijuana

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

fat bossy gerbil posted:

The silver lining in them being dumb enough to try and shut down recreational stores is it will cost them support and votes. Between one third and one half of Republicans support legalization, especially in states where it has passed so expect major bipartisan backlash.
Agreed, legalization is basically a bipartisan issue with a lot of money and jobs behind it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

US President Donald Trump has vowed to start building a wall on the Mexican border "soon, way ahead of schedule", in a speech at a conservative event.

"We're building the wall," he said. "In fact it's going to start very soon. Way ahead of schedule. It's way, way, way ahead of schedule."
I guess we can rest easy that it's never going to happen or the construction of "The Chain-Link Fence" will be starting around Q4.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

thathonkey posted:

what can you do but lol ?

otherwise youll definitely go insane

Harlan Ellison from Approaching Oblivion (1974) posted:

Now I'm merely going to sit here on the side and laugh my rear end off at how you sink into the quagmire like the triceratops. I'm going to laugh and jeer and wiggle my ears at your death throes...I'm over here, watching you, and giggling, and saying, "This is what tomorrow looks like, dummy."

And if you hear me sobbing once in a while, it’s only because you’ve killed me, too, you fuckers.
Spite and lols got him through the '60s

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I'm depoliticizing right now.
<eyes widen, body begins to shake as my face turns red>

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

lorn Wayne posted:

i don't like the lich queen conway any more than the next man, but why are people making a deal about her sitting in a odd way in the oval office? is it something to do with her slatternliness?
To me, it's just odd. I've seen a lot of relaxed posture on couches, which might come off as inappropriate in an office setting, but never seen someone in a position like that outside of a casting couch.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Moridin920 posted:

lol cmon she's just got her legs folded under her and she's sitting upright on the couch

if she was a dude wearing pants you wouldn't have looked twice
I dunno, I've never had a dude on his knees on my couch, with or without pants :heysexy: . Show me a comparison image so I can cleanse myself of this woeful hypocrisy.

Knight fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 28, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Oh good, if we're playing abusive spouse, when do they start threatening to leave us for some other dumb country?

Right before they murder-suicide us lol

Dizz posted:

The border wall is just gonna be trump voters holding hands to keep all the mexican rapists out.

also; lol at media praising trump's speech so he'd let them back into the clubhouse
The wall is in our hearts

And it might just be a ditch

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't think it's likely, because Trump is more personally invested in Sessions for whatever reasons, but if he resigns in the next 48 hours after getting the kiss of "full confidence" (ala Flynn) I'm going to bust a gut lollin'

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/837396779222073345

Oh man oh man ohmanohman

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Nah, he was pretty sensible about it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"I've got 'em on the ropes," he smiles to himself as sends the tweet.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

The students all recited the school’s goals, “College and heaven,” before Trump asked students, including fourth-graders Janayah Chatelier and Landon Fritz, both of Orlando, what they wanted to be when they grew up.

“Yo’re going to grow your own business,” Trump said. “You’re going to make a lot of money, But don’t run for politics after.”
Lol'n that he hates this as much as we do.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
LOL that loving smile

If he's making a What About Bob? reference then he's portraying Trump as becoming irrationally unhinged and increasingly hostile towards a well-meaning man who is helping his family and the people in his community while on vacation. He eventually goes over the edge (largely due to his inflated ego) and tries to have him committed before trying to murder him (both fail).

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Lifeglug posted:

so why are people marching for trump, don't they know that the president of the united states of America is Donald j trump?!? (lol)
They're marching for his 2020 campaign. Never trust an egg, my momma always told me

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Jose posted:

its only 6 countries this time becuase that was the problem last time clearly
you aren't joking holy lol

quote:

While the text of the new executive order has not yet been published, Ms Conway, a senior aide to Mr Trump, told Fox News that Iraq would be left off the list of countries whose citizens will banned from the US.
Citizens of Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, the other six countries on the original list, would once more be subject to a 90-day travel ban.
If it was supposed to be a "temporary" 90-day ban, y'know, until they "figure things out," then shouldn't it be like a 55-day ban now?

Knight fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 6, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/violetblue/status/838837198287884288

The Clinton Trump body count

I find it highly suspicious that a man with international ties in business and politics knows or has met 8 people around the age of 70 who have died. I demand a full investigation and hearty lols

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/839116941956640768

Everyday lols, multiple lols before coffee

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
So important the POTUS (whoever that is) is repeating it!

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/839132604444131330

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Lol at anyone ever who thinks saying "Don't believe all the negative reports" does anything but strengthen the credibility of the negative reports. Also I wonder if the dummy in charge of @potus just randomly retweets easy d or if Trump tells them "that's a good a one, retweet that one from the official United States President account, of which I am the owner"
Imagine, it's like those fancy nuclear launch setups where the generals both turn their keys at the same time, but instead it's Trump tweeting and then having to track down someone in the WH who has the @POTUS login and forcing him to copy/paste it ("don't just retweet!") before Bannon or Priebus can find him and convince him not to or he gets distracted by a television screen tuned to Fox and forgets what he was doing.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Kuato posted:

Did he really talk about being "friend Ben" with a bear?
Yes

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Aww, it's @ThePresObama... still a good lol

The last couple years have really stretched my suspension of disbelief when we're acting out Grimaldi/Pagliacci jokes live.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Play posted:

No loving way, unfortunately that can't be true although it is beautiful.
Sadly, I don't have a copy of the book to check against and the Gifted Hands(tm) is a major sign of parody, but Carson tells bizarre stories that sound more in common with email fwds than reality.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

haljordan posted:

He had a master's degree. He read comic books. He blew JFK's brains out. He lived with his parents. He stuck to his room. He built model planes and sniffed glue.
This is like a poem that should be read by Richard Dreyfus over a montage of wind over fields of wheat and sunlight peaking through tree branches.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Arrhythmia posted:

is it today or tomorrow they accidentally destroy the world by forgetting to raise the debt ceiling
I thought it was Thursday

Edit - Yeah, Thursday March 16th.

quote:

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday called on Congress to raise the federal debt ceiling "at the first opportunity." and announced the first of several likely cash management measures aimed at staving off a U.S. default.

Meanwhile, U.S. Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell told Politico on Thursday the United States will not default on its debt and will raise its debt limit in some fashion.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/13/us-to-keep-aaa-rating-after-debt-ceiling-moodys.html

Knight fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 13, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Dizz posted:

Not necessarily a Trump related lol, but there's this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128362374?t=32m08s
"What's wrong with whites becoming a minority?"
"Oh c'mon! Heh, dude, uh...it's obvious." <laughs nervously>

Losing majority status is a apocalyptic event to this man and he can't imagine it being anything else.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
How low, how low can he go, go!

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/843507898860888065

(Healthcare bill and budget proposal)

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Arrhythmia posted:

someone compare this to how other pres's were doing 2 months in.
Just because I'm lazy, Fox news has their own poll comparisons to Obama and W. Bush here: http://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/index.html

Trump (March 14, 2017)
Approve: 43%
Disapprove: 51%
DK: 6%

Obama (March 31, 2009)
Approve: 58%
Disapprove: 32%
DK: 9%

W. Bush (March 29, 2001)
Approve: 57%
Disapprove: 24%
DK: 19%

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Maybe they thought MoW was supposed to be temporary assistance, like a safety net program to use until you got back on your feet, and these seniors were going to start taking care of themselves again and cooking for themselves and going to out socialize. When viewed in that light, then I guess MoW would look like a pretty spectacular failure.

Now that I think about it, Social Security is also failing to get seniors back to work, and people on Medicare still have increasingly more expensive health costs, so we should cut those failing programs, too. Neither of them has shown a profit in years!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

XMNN posted:

12) The wall design should include stables capable of accommodating at least 1 unicorn for every 300 feet of length.
13) The wall design should incorporate rainbows and sunshine and candyfloss into its construction
14) There should be slots on the wall and the machines pay out in vouchers for health care

kazr posted:

Medicare does turn about a 2% profit if I recall correctly, is wildly successful and highly rated by people who are eligible for it :)
I would still support Medicare if it was operating at a loss, but is there more on this? I feel like I'm constantly bombarded by talk that Medicare is going to be insolvent next week, every week (because it's passing Boomers through it like a kidney stone).

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Censorship! Let Milo Tomi speak! This is thought-policing! Free speech! FREE SPEECH!

lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz11jmG3ac

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Inept posted:

Artist's rendering

"Wrong Wrong Wrong"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

nooneofconsequence posted:

my two favorite post-election themes are Trump supporters getting deported and realizing they're on Obamacare.
They made sure that their own lives would be as miserable as possible because they despise people like themselves, but fail to realize it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

bollig posted:

God. This is carnage. Even Fox is getting in on the action:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/845019129186693120/video/1
I can see the wheels turning

quote:

Tonight the House is voting to repeal and replace the disaster known as Obamacare...(oh poo poo what if it doesn't)...we'll see what happens, it's going to be a very close vote... (there, I think that covers my rear end if it goes down) ...after we repeal and replace Obamacare (wait, poo poo! what did I just say?, I just made the bill sound like it's garbage that no one wants to vote for) and btw it's close not because Obamacare is good but because it's close for politics (yes, my very smart brain has pulled me out of another one. Let me repeat it to make sure I've got it straight) they know it's no good, everybody knows it's no good, it's only politics... (yes, Obamacare bad) because we have a great bill, (yes, bill good) and I think we have a very good chance (gently caress, a chance?!)

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Looking forward to that "I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT, FREEDOM CAUCUS" tweet

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tumble posted:

wasn't it the F22s that got all hosed up by the international date line lol? cuz ya know, why would a military jet ever have to fly on the other side of the planet or something

watch as one of the new aircraft carriers we're building turns itself off at the threat of violence or something
The F35, as well.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

TotalLossBrain posted:

This deserves getting reposted because holy poo poo lmao
Did the WH IT people leave their login pasted to the screen and Easy-D found it? Because that's the only way I can explain it.

I'm genuinely surprised "I Believe Democrats & Fake News" isn't a CSPAM gang tag yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
LMAO

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

loving lmao I guess they just said no vote
No Vote. You're the vote!