Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

lol is that ben carson down the row playing on is phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

100% they put him in charge of "urban" development bc Trump thought it was the secretary of black people

and it turns out that's what carson thought too lmbo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Haha I forgot that one of Clinton's arguments was "BUY MY BOOK" L oh L

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

a beautiful picture... of piss

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
haha gently caress it, let's just go full on gilded age

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Archaic posted:

Edit: Also I just now noticed the black dude totally snubbing him. Great stuff.

Haha I just saw that too. i think that's one of the best burns i've ever seen

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

bless you for rejuvenating the thread with lols after every single post from the last page had forsaken them

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

I can't decide which of the three makes me lol more:

1. that our instruments of diplomacy are being dismantled while the military leadership is going "please stop you're going to get us all killed"
2. the secretary of state is an oil tycoon and blatant russian puppet
3. that trump is just having his son in law be de facto secretary of state

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
trick question, the biggest lol is that trump is president haha lmao

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

huckabee is such a loving weirdo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Tumble posted:

i'm willing to bet money that he won't. he was such a lovely candidate the first time around that i think people saw him and didn't bother voting because basically every news organization said he didn't have a chance in hell of winning

i think he's gonna piss off everybody that voted for him the first time as well as rally the lazy potheads to actually vote this time. plus he obviously doesn't enjoy being the pres much anyways; too much work

I'd probably bet on trump not being reelected too but remember: never underestimate the democratic party's talent for stealing defeat from the jaws of victory

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
what's going on with reince prius, i feel like we haven't heard a peep outta him since just after inauguration

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The way he ends his tweets with a short child-like sentence always just loving slays me. "Must find leaker now! Bad! Sad!"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Drunk & Ugly posted:

seems to me like impeachment would just make things worse: same crew at the helm but with creepy rear end Pence face everywhere to make it legitamate

what would happen to our lols... doth our cup overfloweth?

trump being impeached for colluding with russia would be a weird process. if one could demonstrate a link to russia and impeach him for it then clearly pence would be guilty of the same because he's the loving vp of course he knew. do you allow him to become president (kinda defeating the purpose of the impeachment) or do you skip down the line of succession to paul loving ryan lmao

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Perromancer posted:

That's not coffee, those are challenge coins you dweebs.

Trump would be the sort of dweeb to collect tacky memorabilia like that. I bet he's got a primo spot in the white house to display his collection of Dale Earnhardt commemorative plates.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
She is one of the most punchable people I've ever witnessed.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

That's a lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the thought of anyone in the world agreeing with trump on, like anything, is almost as funny as the fact that he's president

lmbo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

thathonkey posted:

lol that it warrants a news alert that our president will work over the weekend

and he's probably not even working it's just that it's his first weekend of his presidency (lol trump is president) in which he's staying at the white house instead of his florida golf resort lmbo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Minnesota Mixup posted:

My absolute favorite are the republicans who want to cut 50%+ of the federal government to create jobs. Yes making 2+ million people unemployed is definitely going to help the unemployment numbers!

Fun fact: if you chant "the federal government is the biggest job creator in America" three times quickly enough, you can make any republican in the same room as you vanish into the ether. Downside is that doing this extends Dick Cheney's lifespan by five more years.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

He was focused on politics because of that in the 80s, he had an insane plan to stop nuclear proliferation and went on about it to Reagan http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_spectator/2016/03/trump_s_nuclear_experience_advice_for_reagan_in_1987.html

Always good to remember that Trump was as much an incoherent weirdo 30 years ago as he is now. I got about halfway through the article before stopping because oh my god i don't want to keep reading your insane ramblings about buying hotels in atlanta. what's funny is that a few paragraphs earlier the author was apparently really, really impressed at trump not gloating about some other new building

also multiple trump sycophants harassing the author because his tie wasn't straight enough lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Much as Trump being impeached or resigning would be a tremendous concentrated bigly one-time LOL, I really hope it doesn't happen because a Pence or Ryan presidency would be way way worse and infinitely less funny.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

I dunno, it would probably destroy the internet redcap corps as we know it, cause the GOP a lot of damage, and he would still tweet. It wouldn't just be like Trump vanishes and everything else stays the same.

trump's tweets aren't really funny in and of themselves, they're funny because of the context that they're coming from the president of the united states (lol). without that he's just another random fat old guy ranting incoherently. and the nice thing with trump is that he and his administration are so wildly incompetent and understaffed that they're virtually unable to push through any of the policies or legislation they want. someone like pence would cause way more damage than trump because he actually has the potential to implement some of his insane ideas

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

You think an empty suit like Pence would be able to reign in the absolute chaos that would result if Trump hosed off? The GOP would tear each other apart and he'd stand there going "Hey guys. Stop. C'mon." in his boring hayseed voice.

All I'm saying is that we'd be in for an interesting ride if that happened too that's all

While it's possible and I would love it if Trump's impeachment or resignation broke the back of the GOP, I also think that's basically the best possible scenario and rather hopeful thinking. I don't think the sort of torrential chaos you're imaging would be so likely. There would be a hell of a lot of controversy but I think that if Pence doesn't go down with Trump then the Republicans will have found themselves a new George W Bush with a dash of Gerald Ford: a president that's not especially competent or inspiring but serves as a presentable face for the new administration while the rest of the party implements their usual insane conservative policies in the background. If Pence does go down then you probably end up with Ryan and hoo boy that would suck plain and simple.

But anyway, I definitely agree that it would be very interesting and funny however it would turn out. It's just that the two parties in America are crazy resilient (look at the fact that the democrats didn't go the way of the whigs despite freely giving the presidency, congress, and majority of governorships to freaking Trump and the GOP)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

this isn't even the first time he's done this. another time he wanted to show some prop miners the oval office or something and nearly left without signing an order lmbo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Guys can we cool it with the military talk a little bit? It's really not lol worthy or made for this thread.

i'm all for staying on topic, but to be fair the us military industrial complex is one of the most lol worthy things in history

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
lol jared kushner and ivanka are the actual rulers of america

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

there is a legitimate chance the president of the united states thinks this

lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Look China, I got a '95 ford taurus with your name on it you're just gonna love it, the best, and hey if you take care of this whole north korea situation i'll knock 50 bucks off!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

we should get some good books written about it in 4-8 years

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent chief strategist?"

*Steve Bannon gets shot to pieces by a bunch of secret service agents*

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

100% every one of those people has a basement full of furniture fashioned from dismembered corpses lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

sexpot posted:

Following the trail back to the people responsible for situations like these and then guillotining them needs to become a national trend if we're ever going to improve

It might lack the white and blue but it'll certainly be very red. And it'll look a lot like freedom :patriot: :unsmigghh:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Captain Yossarian posted:

I love the serious posters that cant understand the "nuance" that on one hand, I'm lolling at trump, but on the other, I don't like Isis :discourse:

I gotta admit, they were a decent injection of lols.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Has trump actually left the country at all since inauguration? I feel like crowds would just poo poo all over him wherever he went

it feels like he's just sat around mar a lago the whole time golfing and eating burnt steak while occasionally taking a trip to DC to grab some white house meatloaf

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 15, 2017

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

What I love most about this is that the wording indicates Kushner called the author just because he like the book's title, not because he actually read the book itself

oh poo poo, could Kushner be borderline illiterate just like Trump? lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Scary! posted:

Isn't there a point where we get diminishing returns? I'd think advancing our power grid infrastructure, cyber security and alternative energy would add more to our national security than more tanks and jets. BAE, Boeing and Lockheed gotta get that green, I guess.

The overwhelming majority of our military spending just goes towards lining pockets and make-work for engineers and factories and it shows because man we suck in any conflict where we can't just spend the enemy to death

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Kiryen posted:

You're right, military healthcare is poo poo. I've experienced it. That's what you get from socialized healthcare.

it's happening again guys, the lols are coming from inside the thread

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Trump punctuating his tweets with BAD! is just uncommon enough that it's like a really special treat whenever it happens.

a special treat that puts me on my rear end laughing

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
There's always so many little things that are funny with the way Trump dresses. I think my personal favorite is the way he never ever buttons his jackets because he's too fat to lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Faith For Two posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/65x0ld/reddit_thinks_that_were_triggered_by_this_gif/

I'm screaming in horror loling as my brain begins to consume itself. I cannot fathom the amount of cognitive dissonance going on here.

quote:

I think it's cute. A president and family looking like real people. Strong and sharp First Lady there

quote:

Yep! 'Cute' was exactly my reaction. I think they're a lovely First Family, very down to earth.❤️🇺🇸

quote:

I completely agree! It's not often we see the family together, but the few times we do see all of them together they are an adorable American family 👪🇺🇸

fuckin :laffo: