Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

My Man Shran posted:

With a name like Jose I wouldn't be "lol"ing if I was you during this administration, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pretty good deal imho

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

It's going to be a funny 4 years

Funny 8 years

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Daily reminder Spicer is a weeb.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I like this unironically.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Like, the sound of it? Can you explain how that would possibly work?

"Hey we really need this new regulation, but we have to get rid of two regulations to implement it. Hmm let's get rid of these two regulations that seem to be outdated because they were implemented for a certain economical time but now do not benefit anyone."

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Uh-huh... federal regulations are made through rulemaking. Are you familiar with this process? I was asking how this would be used or enforced using this process, because what you're describing may make sense for decluttering a closet, it comes off as complete nonsense that is incompatible with the basic understanding of the rulemaking. What mechanism exists to stop new regulations from being made? Deletion of unnecessary regulations is already a function of this process.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/reginfo/Regmap/regmap.pdf

Thanks for this friend. I would like to know how this is a terrible thing though if you don't mind if you're saying the deletion is already a part of the process. It seems like to me it just speeds the process of the removal of unnecessary regulations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

I think the EO is harmless because it doesn't do anything. At worst, it makes a lot of people who don't know how their government actually works feel good about applying common-sense cuts that might feed into bad things later.

Regulations are not only necessary, but mandatory for agencies to enforce laws. A lot of "small" businesses (<1500 employees) would love to see those agencies crippled so they can't enforce OSHA compliance or stop them from dumping waste in the river.

I can see your point from an environmental perspective. I work in a bank so I just see some of the stupid little regulations that could be removed that really just inconvenience the customers I work with that might have helped in 2008 but don't really do anything anymore. I still think that it will need to be approved by someone outside of the company/industry with our country's economy/environment in mind.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Knight posted:

Honestly, I don't know much about financial regulations but I'm super cautious after '08. Which do you feel are outdated?

There are certain guidelines that we have to follow like "make sure the client sees this document 3 days before closing or else they can't close" which I suppose is there to give people time to review it before signing but honestly it just causes closing dates to be missed. Then you have to have a verification of employment up to closing that expire every 10 days which really pisses employers off when you call them 4-5 times.

Just silly stuff that seems like they had good intentions when they created it, but in the end it just works against the mortgage process and the customer.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just a reminder that we could have had Jeb "Pocket Turtle" Bush as our president right now.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

It is real. I saw it before it went down. You can view an honest-to-goodness Bill Before The United States Congress literally titled "World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017" on their official website. It was proposed by representative Pete Sessions of Texas.

Got a SS of it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I wouldn't make a comment either. You don't just throw your opinion to the press so they can make you the next 3 week headline.
:colbert:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol Maxine Waters is a joke

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

there should be a law that if you are a public elected official and you lie and it is *proven* that you're just blatantly lying (instead of mis-stating something or whatever you know) you are put into prison for life

Only person who didn't lie and paid the price..

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Holy poo poo

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

How is this guy not dead yet.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://youtu.be/lVQza7Luqj0

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

haljordan posted:

Breaking lol:

Michael Flynn’s Immunity Request Rejected By Senate Intelligence Committee

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-intelligence-committee-rejects-immunity-michael-flynn-n741061

How can you deny an immunity that was never requested?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I LOL every time I think about the Obama administration creating a fake narrative about Russian collusion to try to justify their illegal spying and the DNC having such a lovely candidate that they lost to DJT. Just LOL

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

proof of concept posted:

Rabble rabble rabble

He still has highest clearance.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

turn off the TV posted:

Wait so he's actually saying that his role on the NSC was to make sure that it can't do anything? Sounds good to me.

From what I read, Susan Rice increased the powers of the NSC during the Obama administration, so Trump assigned Bannon to bring the powers back down to what it originally was.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just.. just... UGH! How can someone vote for him? No one likes him. Everyone who doesn't view my political opinion is stupid! *fart*

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Cobweb Heart posted:

So how is it that the son of a KKK member became President? Can anyone go and see these articles or are they difficult to find? I remember hearing about it months ago. Is there some reason nobody in the government or the media thought that was interesting or important enough to mention?

Because he wasn't a part of the klan lol.

There was a Memorial Day parade and the Klan showed up so the police tried removing them which causes riots. Never said he was a part of the Klansmen that showed up.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Welcome back lol trump thread

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

i wonder what the best classic trump tweet is

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey guys I love loling at something Tru-

Egbert Souse posted:

You know who else held frequent rallies after they were elected?

Multilake posted:

Hell, it's not even about the Republican party anymore. It's about building a cult of personality for Trump. An autocracy play. So, when they burn everything to the ground, Trump Island can be the only place left with a sprinkler system, and people like Gingrich can land the job of selling tickets.

:yikes:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Some people lol at trump in this thread because they think he’s a fool, some lol because it’s hilarious, some lol for reasons personal to them. Let the people lol freely

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Default Settings posted:

On the risk of repeating it. :lol:

Hahahaha lol lmao

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Mika and trump used to be a thing

https://youtu.be/uttxscMBQwk

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

I hope Trump tweets this

Twitter would break

Over There fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 3, 2017

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

The plot thickens

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

sebmojo posted:

doesn’t treason require that the US be at war with Russia? Or am I reading that wrong?

No don’t stop the circlejerk

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

Treason merely requires that other nation they’re assisting be an “enemy”. It’s hard to say that a country trying to subvert the US’s electoral process and engaging in direct attacks on its political entities is not an enemy.

So you’re the difference between a civilian from one country talking to civilian from another country and treason is open to interpretation?

:yum:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I ride bikes all day posted:

Prosecutor: Is it true that you attempted to buy heroin from the undercover officer?

Defense: Objection! The officer in question didn’t actually have any heroin to sell, your honor.

Judge: Oh poo poo, case dismissed.

Isn’t it usually the undercover officer trying to buy the drugs, not the other way around?

Pretty sure no crime was committed in your scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

COMRADES posted:

It goes either way lmao.

I see!

The more you know