Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

pol moms dont read pol they read the stuff their cool tech savvy son shows them doyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

i have been red pilled. turns out reality is exactly like i thought it was the whole time.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Before I start a shitstorm with some friends: weren't CS gender ratios super unbalanced towards women in the 80s? That's what my mom's experience was at Cornell. I was under the impression it kinda shifted in the 90s when people realized there was money in it. I don't have stats on it though.

Yes. They were imbalanced pretty much from the beginning of CS as a thing.

edit: i guess this depends on when you define CS as a thing though, so whatever.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Al! posted:

when the neighborhood gets gentrified someones going to have it removed

Fremont's already passed through the full gentrification cycle, it's here to stay.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

fascism is obsessed with tradition and is therefore locked into an antipodal aesthetic of faceless domination for the mechanism of government and kinkadian garbage for the citizenry and is so forced to pillage from history for its symbology since any attempt to innovate would be cutting to close to modernism for their hearts to take.

except for the futurists, but they were just a bunch of weirdo train geeks.

in a weird twist of the times older fascist iconography is now being dredged up to brand current movements, like some sort of game of semiotic telephone.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

when boletes get that big they tend to be pretty grody though like you cut em in half and its just maggots and liquifying shroomflesh in a leathery shell

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Al! posted:

imo the best thing about that seattle nazi getting his clock cleaned was it appears to be an average person on the street whos just sick of his poo poo who takes him out

messing with people near the third ave bus tunnel is a hilariously stupid thing to do.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

baked alaska is a reverse solipsist who believes that if he isnt under constant observation he will vanish from existence. thats why he streams himself 24/7

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

bed bugs gay so what

bedbugs mate by stabbing eachother with jizz filled harpoons generally wherever they can and then the sperm just sort of work their way through the bugs hemolymph until it finds the gonads and can get busy fertilizing eggs. they are also born pregnant.

bedbugs are hosed up!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Waffle House posted:

im being so lazy about uploading phone photos, story of my life

one fo these days i will make the effort post about fascist iconography and aesthetics from pre ww2 thru today

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Al! posted:

in fact, i dont even see color :smuggo:

u do impressive art for someone with acrhomatopsia

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

you can pop a sea sponge in a blender, turn it into a slurry, press that slurry through a fine sieve and dump the resulting liquid into a fish tank full of ocean water and it will eventually reconstitute itself into a whole sponge with an insatiable hunger for revenge

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

edit wrong thread lmao

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

lol the klan was here and I don’t think it even made local news

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I think something like 90%+ of all firestation calls are for medical emergencies or false alarms and not actual fires, so firefighters are actually super pumped when they get to respond to real life fire.

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/30/7079547/fire-firefighter-decline-medical

people_getting_old.graph

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

thats the actual "leaders" of the alt right. i mean the army of online pepe nazis that used to be everywhere. where are all the groyper avs posting ok sign smilies and glasses of milk calling ted a cuckservative for not supporting the insane nazi

like all in-groups they’ve condensed into a tiny impenetrably compact sphere of stupid bullshit.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

i am aware of where i am posting yes

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

we need a grassroots movement to throw out all these foreign invaders from american soil

*buses across the country to do ???*

*gets thrown out by the locals*

no not like that :(

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

lol it’s the razor hat from that surviving edged weapons police vid only even dumber

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Office Pig posted:

you loving know someone's going to hem and haw about this extremely obvious, explicit callout to nazism

its happened before and the guy got fired but lol the government is crawling with crypto-fascists now they'll have to fumigate the whitehouse to get em all assuming we dont all die before this garbage fire burns itself out

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Eta Carinae: muahaha I am so massive kneel before me starcucks oop there goes all my hydrogen *collapses into a black hole*

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

The worst I've ever read is Todd Starnes, a 2nd rate Fox grifter. His poo poo read like Garrison Keillor if Keillor took a massive blow to the head and scrawled out his final disordered thoughts before he bled out.

lol ive seen that cover before but i only just now noticed the stock photo watermark on the sneakers

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

sent this pic to everybody i know who has ever frequented 4chan and they were all very sad lmao

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Bon Iver used a vocoder on his last record and it sounded much cooler than auto-tune.

he uses autotune + some bespoke harmonizer thing iirc. vocoder too but that bon iver kanye west sound is all layered autotuned vocals

anyways everybody knows that the talk box is the superior vocal synthesis device esp. b/c it can electrocute you if you drool into the tube too much. badass

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

fascism operates on an almost entirely aesthetic level. i used to think it was some kind of coherent doctrine or theory but most of these guys don't even seem to really believe in it outside of a few die-hards. it's like the rest of the right, really, although in a more extreme and self-destructive way.

they don't have much of a corpus and don't even really talk about anything that could resemble theory. it's mostly just about how they're victimized and how they're going to deal with all their enemies, which is this endlessly expanding ocean of threats from here to the horizon.

and even despite their self-regard to aesthetics, the culture they swim in is trash meme culture that is mass produced and possesses no individuality. it is the ideology of the alienated subhuman who doesn't know who they are or can relate to their social being, the end point in which commodity-driven consumer capitalism eats itself.

one of these days I will make my effort post about the aesthetics of fascism.

not today tho I got tacos to eat >:D

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

😂 is the boomer emoji

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Dead Beef posted:

starting to think fascism is just a masculinity cult

old ppl trying to drag the country back to the time when their dicks worked
see: Bolton, teump, pompeo, Stephen Miller (not old but born w/ the soul of a boomer)

Mr. Sharps has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Apr 13, 2019

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

the frog looks like a dbz character lmao

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The worst thing in the world is people mistakenly thinking you're gay, if you think about it.

I still remember when wearing an earring on your right ear only as a man was a signal you were gay. Now nobody gives a poo poo about that anymore.

now if you wanna signal that youre gay you have to break out the semaphore flags and do a lil dance like youre guiding a hornet down for landing on the deck of an aircraft carrier

\o/ |o/ o// |o|

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

you laugh but it's what they'd prefer when given the choice, even towns that saw an immigrant influx save them economically years later voted to kick all the immigrants out or similar because *assuming very reporter voice* "things had changed too much" and "the town lost its small town feel"

their kids don't feel this way but welcome to small town life, young adults don't have say in poo poo and if they want anything better they've gotta leave or join a Juggalo commune

i wonder how those towns whos only doctors are immigrants b/c no self respecting american born and educated doctor are willing to take those rural jobs are doing now

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

lol nice to see sheriff ozzie pop up again. last time i heard of him was this particularly hilarious episode:

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

smarxist posted:

it probably has the same energy as a crazy homeless person screaming at a streetlight near your bus stop

I met a YouTube influencer on the street once and it was like being unwillingly yanked through a portal and into a David Lynch film

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

he was 15 years old couldn’t believe that the water at the beach was clean and had an ever changing posse of incredibly stupidly dressed teens and pot bellied older men

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

FMguru posted:

"Presby-Catholic" lmao what the gently caress.

it’s called hedging your bets

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

gonzo journalist shocked and horrified they became part of story

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Its Coke posted:

the only thing they're giving him a platform to say is that Trump is bad though

being on cnn legitimizes him as someone worth listening to as opposed to someone worth a punch in the mouth

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hell yeah love the dude in the middle who stepped out of central casting complete with red laces

guy looks like if racism made a character in city of heroes

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

incredible face ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

these people need to go camping or have all their possessions burned in a house fire or something imagine your whole worldview defined by the media you consume

oh whoops my monitor was off whoa what the fuuuuuuck