Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Lightning Knight posted:

I can’t think of a stupider thing for a right wing YouTuber to try and rebrand into than a left wing one when it’s obvious they aren’t being sincere

It works flawlessly from left to right tho, look at Dave Rubin and Candace Owens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LonsomeSon posted:

I figured the subjects of the thread, Owens's colleagues so to speak.

it was easy to misinterpret tbh

Mr Interweb posted:

Ohhhh, I see. I read it in a way that it made it seem like it was referring to goons (SA involved).

:same:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

staticman posted:

Welp, the beating of milkshake man was confirmed, video evidence premeditated
https://twitter.com/AhAAn20/status/1124648505778286594

this makes Milkshake Thrower Man a much bigger hero

I alkready knew he had balls of steel, 10:1 odds is like, balls of vibranium

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pro click :kiss:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

CommonShore posted:

If your child becomes a nazi the cure is to let him go to a nazi rally

yeah that story is extremely stdh.txt but that was definitely the cherry and whipped cream topping :kiss:

the solution was "bring your nazi kid to charlottesville Unite the Whites so he can get it out of his system/see a really good leftist protester and be instantly cured"

Admiral Ray posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with these parents?

they don't exist :ssh:

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 17:59 on May 7, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

Before long, Sam was at my door.

Then he was curled up next to me.

“Did you hate me when I was hostage to the cult?” he asked. I’d never heard him use that phrase before.

what are you talking about I use phrases like that all the time :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

believing that a middle-schooler's innate sense of coolness would make them instinctively know to be repulsed by a chud IRL is the stretchy part

yes, it's "sunshine is the best disinfectant" in long form and it's dumb Pollyanna bullshit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

I don't see what makes that story unbelievable.

I guess somebody, somewhere, might have had an experience like this kid had but if all it took was "attend Nazi rally, see a protester" to be instantly shown the error of your ways, nobody would be nazis any more would they?

nb: protesting is vital and extremely valuable, this is not a slight against the benefit of protest

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 18:47 on May 7, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

THC posted:

but also the “augmentations” her rich dad paid for look like poo poo. she got mrs potato head lips

rich people got some hosed up aesthetics

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol she just retweeted this from almost a year ago...did he own her recently or something?

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1038920929433341952

probably a wink wink nudge nudge look at his jew wife thing I expect

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

pookel posted:

Going to postulate that "attend rally, see Nazis waving swastikas" might have a much more significant effect on a Jewish kid.

Maybe, sure :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

as you concede, protesting is valuable - isn’t this exactly why? the boy got to see what real courage and iconoclasm was, and saw how phony the alt right guys whining about being hard working but oppressed actually were?

and it definitely was neither instant nor easy - it was part of a whole series of discussions and interventions that the mother-author staged; she went to the rally with him and asked pointed questions that seem to have been deeply effective

It's a moot point because the story is anonymously sourced, but I re-read the story and he literally goes from being a deeply committed hard-right wackadoo to cured in a single day, and this is his big Disney moment:

quote:

Toward the end of our walk down the Mall, I spotted a middle-aged man wearing a T-shirt that proclaimed NO TRUMP. NO KKK. NO FASCIST USA. He stood alone on the grass, holding a small poster that featured a picture of a smiling Heather Heyer, the demonstrator murdered in Charlottesville. He’d magic-markered the words A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT and c-ville under her photo, above a hand-drawn heart. I asked if I could take his picture, but it was hard to choke out the words because I started crying.

I called Sam over and told him, in front of the man, that standing up for your beliefs among such a large, unfriendly crowd is the definition of courage. Sam seemed to understand. I could tell by the way he shook hands with the man—slowly and deliberately, as if they were each transferring something to the other.

As we walked to the Metro, I thanked Sam for convincing me to go to the rally so I could be reminded what real bravery looks like. “I never would have believed someone could have the guts to stand alone like that, here of all places,” I told him. “I’m so glad I saw it for myself.”

“That’s what you always tell me to do,” Sam said.

I mean, come on :jerkbag:

e:

Phi230 posted:

I like the constant and repeated assertion that a false sex pest accusation made the kid a nazi

Projection for 500 alex

that too, yeah

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 20:10 on May 7, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah sorry, I'm cynical and I don't hop on board every bullshit train that rolls by :shrug:

it might be 100% true, sure

e: I feel like I'm not making my point, it's not that that particular story is true/not true or whether I want it to be one or the other; it's that whether intended or not, the story gives advice in the form of "everything we tried had no effect but we took him to a giant nazi rally and that was what cured him" and that's not good

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 20:27 on May 7, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Grape posted:

The whitest thing in the world is snatching up BLM slogans until the point that you're just mindlessly yelling COP at anything even remotely assembly authority in any given context lol.

I dunno, it's not entirely wrong either, but anyway yeah I'm deeply skeptical of the nugget of parenting advice in that story.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

we don’t know anything else about the real details of the story ...

the entire story is unverifiable.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I dunno how to react to that story. In one aspect, seeing a kid radicalized like that seems pretty straightforward given everything I've read about the alt-right. Other parts of me thinks the story about the false sexual harassment part doesn't add up (I think he totally did something if the story is actually true).

Not only does that whole part of the story ring false, it again clouds the parental advisory aspect of the story (is your kid becoming a nazi? maybe it's because he was falsely accused of sex stuff!!)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a.lo posted:

What valuable lesson will he learn at the end of the movie

He'll be very sorry but then his radio show will keep running only in his normal voice and all the black people will like him anyway, so really you see it's the black audience that will learn the lesson :thunk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

fun and all but take Dworkin with a heavily tariff'd dose of Himalayan pink sea salt

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Other people are reporting it too, like Jon Cooper.

Fine, just imo avoid the incorrigible liars like Dworkin :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

What’s her brother look like? Pretty unfair for her being a child and the face of all this while his troglodyte looking rear end is behind the scenes

The kid says some terrible poo poo but she has speaking talent and a good face, she might have had a good future in media if not for this.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Guy-woman missionary is lame, but guy-guy is pretty good ime

girl/girl mish is extremely good too :kiddo:
e: not ime, sadly, but I have concluded empirically it is good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

PRESIDENT LADYCOP posted:

I guess I'm just a fascist, because I don't see a fundamental difference between trying to deplatform conservatives for making fun of liberals and trying to deplatform leftists for making fun of liberals.

lol get a load of this guy

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

PRESIDENT LADYCOP posted:

I guess it's a good idea to throw away the abstract right to free speech if you think you can trust the government and/or the corporations to make the right choice about which ideologies need to be suppressed.

you never had this pretty much anywhere in the world at any time in history you fuckin dunce.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Just a reminder of who Katie McHugh is:

https://twitter.com/DesignPolice/status/1123765146780884992

No comment on her being raped at whatever point but keep in mind who this person is and how she got where she is now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That is a comment on her being raped tho, there's an implication that if she hadn't been a Nazi it wouldn't have happened to her and thus it's her fault for being a Nazi

I think she sucks rear end and is faking being reformed but uh it's still mega hosed up if even a fraction of what she's saying is true and that shouldn't happen to anyone

If you want the implication to be there, you can put it there. Just don't forget who she is and how she got where she is now, which is shunned by everyone, waiting tables to get by, and trying to scratch out a new job in media.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Which leaves out the whole thing where Nazis specifically prey on people who are hdisnefranchised and miserable and lure them in and then they're stuck there because they're a Nazi now and society hates them which binds them closer together and so on

This is literally the prison rape argument, "if you don't like it don't be a criminal"

Ughhhhh. You can put this there if you want it to be there I guess.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Jun 8, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think you might be right about that :thunk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Cool now we're on "sorry you were offended" this is chill

Oh no, you can go gently caress yourself, I don't give two shits if your sensitive feelings got bruised.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

*famous racist and neo nazi propagandist rolls out a cynical re-branding effort to get back into a media career*

YOUR JUST CONCERN TROLLING VICTIM BLAMING lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

tbh online leftists haven't really figured out what it means to reintegrate lovely people once they stop being lovely which probably should be a discussion we have at some point.

It sounds like you mean Katie Holmes as an example, did you? What makes you think she stopped being lovely/deserves reintegration? It looks to me like her preferred re-integration is to get a job in social media again, which I think should be a pretty serious non starter but that's me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I have zero doubts she's trying to get a Lifetime movie deal about her troubled past.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's Katie McHugh you fuckin dunce

No poo poo, that's what I said :confused:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, uh, we are not posting bros forum user Silly Hyena

E: to spell this out real clear, No Comment on her being raped at some point in her past, rape talk is all you dudes.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Jun 9, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's Katie McHugh you fuckin dunce

Wait, are you saying forums user uncurable mlady is literally Katie Holmes?

Ahahaha McHugh yeah that was pretty goddamn dumb

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Jun 9, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I can believe her when she says she was raped and also think her initial renouncement was some hollow bullshit to try to get back into her old job

YES, EXACTLY, see were are completely on the same page about this.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Televised or in-person debate viewers usually side with the person who talks more. It's super dumb but that's how it works.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Quack pseudoscience about "blacks have smaller skulls, smaller brains, are intellectually inferior" is old as the hills, and any conservative outlets talking about ~craniometry~ are absolutely dog whistling that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Netflix runs a show about witches who are practicing Satanists who are also cannibals, Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It's on its third season and nobody batted an eye, but the gay sounding english mans WHOA NELLY *writes petition to the wrong streaming service*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Cowpocalypse posted:

using fetish gear to control your compulsive masturbation :thunk:

that guy's gf should start pegging him with the cage on

Wouldn't this like, cause your prostate to implode or go supernova or something :ohdear:

e: not that would necessarily a bad thing but :ohdear:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Except when he casually remote controls a succession of people to talk to Raven as she walks through an airport, or paralyzes and teleoperates a huge crowd of people just to give someone a reproachful look

Admittedly these were cool movie set pieces but they were unethical and immoral as hell if you think about it for 2 seconds

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

help my brain is bleeding, somebody

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There are grifters and dumbfuck youtube brand makers like Tim Pool and Pants making GBS threads Gun Girl or Baked Alaska, but Richard Spencer is a very different breed of animal. When he's traveled to Europe in the past (where he is mostly banned from traveling to now) it isn't to make controversial youtube vids like Molyneux or Southern, it's to meet quietly with the hard core neo nazi groups and help them plan for fascist takeover of their own countries. He's worked relentlessly for his whole adult life advancing nazi power. His family is wealthy, he isn't trying to make a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lauren Southern went to Europe and tried to kill refugees.

Hellsau posted:

with Molyneux

You're right, and they're garbage, but it's pretty obvious they're both a lot more about ~building their brand~ and making media (even that boat trip was livestreamed on loving Periscope) whereas most of what Spencer does isn't in front of cameras. I'm not saying this makes Southern/Molyneux GOOD, but Spencer is infinitely worse because he's 100% driven by ideology, he spends his fairly considerable wealth on it rather than trying to make it pay.