Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah this is true. They could make it so that there's a set of rate up characters, but make it like 6-7 of them each set, then give the 5 stars a decent rate. That way you have a decent chance of getting something good, but if you want a specific character you're not guaranteed. (Which is what FFRK does)

Of course, the player will actually have some control over what they pull for, since you can pick and choose which of the three types of unit you pull for for a set.

Yeah, I'm fairly confident it won't be terrible on getting characters you want. My biggest worry is that it turns out like Phantom of the Kill (which is a Gumi property, granted, so that doesn't help anything) where the stats were so out of whack there was no middle ground. You were either steamrolling things or so completely out classed that there was almost nothing you could do. One of the things that also contributed to that was characters could only equip one weapon for the entire map, which I think I heard is still going to the case here? I hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

We approach the end.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

you're good people

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Almost complete, and I finally got to put in my vote for the best character.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

The cycle is now complete, the prophecy fulfilled.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

...F/GO locked out phone emulators over a year ago when they implemented some code change or another. I'd actually forgotten DeNA was associated with F/GO, but given policies there, what are the chances Heroes will end up locked to emulators as well?

I suppose we might find out in two days.

I'd say fifty-fifty: being locked out of emulators is (part of) the reason I didn't end up playing F/GO but the whole reason I tried to play it was because I downloaded JP Record Keeper, and I can play that fine on my emulator. Actually, amusingly enough, JP Record Keeper hasn't worked on my phone at all since I upgrade to a Pixel, so I only play that on emulator.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

acumen posted:

I'm assuming - and hoping - it's like this:

1-star Marth:
- Iron Sword
- Steel Sword for 100 SP

2-star Marth:
- Iron Sword
- Steel Sword for 100 SP
- Killer Sword for 300 SP
5-star Marth:
- Iron Sword
- Steel Sword for 100 SP
- Killer Sword for 300 SP
- Falchion for 5000 SP

Where player A draws a low-star Marth and player B lucks out with a 5-star, player A will require more time and effort to reach the max level/stats for Marth but has the same potential as player B. They both have to go through the skills as normal which are kept through promotions. Player B can go straight for the Falchion but it'll take a long time initially since the acquisition of skill points will start low; it may be wiser to pick up a few intermediary skills before going for the big prize. A year down the line it may be easier to grind out the skill points but it'll require higher-level units to do so, making it easy for experienced players to play catch-up with new heroes they receive.

This is assuming that they don't introduce characters that only drop at 5* - which hopefully doesn't happen.

That would certainly be nice. My personal guess would be that special variants might be limited to higher or max rarity in order to increase their whale draw potential. But ideally it would basically be, every character has at least one base version that you can draw anywhere between the lowest and highest rarity, and then variant like Bride X or Swim Suit X would only be available at 5* or whatever.

Well, to be more accurate that would be ideal for me, since I'm almost never interested in that crap and thus would never feel an urge to pull for them.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Adel posted:

I have an android tablet and an iOS phone, so usually accounts aren't cross compatible. Is that not the case for FE:H because that would be awesome.

I've seen several games where you can share the same account, drops and all, between the two however the one constant with those is your paid currency doesn't crossover between them. It still exists, so if you bought 100 funbucks on Android they'll still be there when you load the game up Android side but you won't be able to spend them when logged in on iOS side.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Luceid posted:

someone figure out the critical path for speediest rerolls possible, because i rolled a bunch of 3* losers and you know that means its time to start over

I am also interested in the answer to this question, because while I fully acknowledge we won't have any idea who and what is actually truly good for awhile, I also know me. The most important thing for me to not be constantly griping in this thread will be making sure I have a nice stable of starting characters that I like the idea of having, regardless how good or bad they turn out in the long run.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tae posted:

Catria is a sword user which is....odd.

There's a poo poo ton of chokepoint maps early in this game.

Actually, funny story, I made her a Myrmidon in my play through of Shadow Dragon and she was a literal monster. Capped every single stat and one-shotted Madeus for me.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, play store is telling me my Nox isn't compatible with the game, anyone here happen to know how I can fix that (while I reroll on a phone like a savage)?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Atoramos posted:

I am completely ambivalent as I have never played FE before and even beginner tier lists are probably better than blind guessing.

The game just came out and no one knows anything. If you're really worried just make sure you pull someone that uses Staffs.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, I pulled a 5* Lyn and a 4* Florina for a perfect set of girlfriends. Looks like I'm done rerolling, regardless of what the other pulls are. :toot:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

There also needs to be a back button for when you move and it doesn't register your attack on a unit, because goddamn that is annoying as hell.

There's an option in the settings for "Smart Turns" which might be what causes that. Try turning it off and see if it solves the problem.

Edit: Actually looking at the menu you'll probably want to change Confirm Move to "Tap" instead of Auto, possibly also Confirm Action.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 3, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, it seems the representatives of your Friends randomly appear in your lobby, and when you touch them, they give you small gifts.

A Nino just swung by and gave me feathers. What do feathers do?

You spend them to increase the character's Star rating.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

Has anyone got Henry yet, because if you have I hate you.

I got him and rerolled. :getin:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nuebot posted:

What color orb does she drop from? I kind of want her because her attack animation turns her into a fluffy dragon and the sprite is super cute.

Fae comes out of Green Orbs.

m.hache posted:

5* Lyn is pretty ridiculous. 23x2 at level 1.

:hfive: I got her with her girlfriend and they are tag team wrecking everything's poo poo. Just lovely.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

She also isn't particularly good it seems. Being able to drag someone is kind of useful for fighting knights I guess?

At base but the one I've got can also learn a skill to recover HP on her own and buff the stats of allies adjacent to her when she fights. I'm at least going to see if she works as a tank since I haven't pulled a pure healer yet.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Dumb question, but how the hell do you know who's your team lead, is it just whoever's in slot 1 in your current party?

That's the closest I've found to how to set it. You can verify it's worked by going back to your Home screen. Your leader will be standing alone at the top of the room.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: Is she on one of the banners?

I got Maria and aside from having no HP and getting nothing but bad levels, she's great. Just got her an offensive ability so turns she doesn't heal can be used getting exp.

Based on the details list, she does not appear to be on there yet. She was a Green Mage and the only Robins listed currently are Blue Mages, so it's likely just the male one for now. But they'll probably add her eventually.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm crying

I just hope she also gets a Sword version, I'm already slightly annoyed to notice male Corrin is the Sword unit and female is the Dragonstone.

Edit: Also, holy poo poo did they ever redesign Navarre.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So do Dueling Swords come back after some amount of time or do they only come back when you expend those crests/daily? Cause I don't see a timer.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

so everyone then? can you back this up at all?

Yeah, here's the problem with that idea: the only people who don't reroll are super casual players who are almost certainly never going to spend any money on the game. Meanwhile the people rerolling are partially doing so because they want to get a solid start so they can play the game for a long time, and will probably drop at least a few bucks on it at some point, not to mention any potential whales.

It'd be a really dumb decision and also probably a PR nightmare once people started angrily posting about how they just wanted to play the game but have their favorite character.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm an idiot and it took me way too long to realize this. so much wasted exp... how can i live with myself

Pay attention to the level ups you get after. Somebody else after him said one of their guys died and then go the exact same level up on the next map, so they might be seeded in some fashion rather than randomly rolled at the time of the level up.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cpaf posted:

I started with a 4* Camilla after my 3rd reroll and then I rolled a 5* Robin with my first 20 stones from the story, they're both killing it. Rerolling might not be necessary for the story but I'm pretty sure it's a big advantage in the arena if you care about that at all

Or if you just want to have a character you really liked, which was the main reason I did it. In the long run it's entirely possible Lyn and Florina won't be that good, but I'm happy just having my favorite girlfriends to punch mooks with.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

Stupid question, but what do Friends actually do in this?

Yeah, I'm interested in this too cause so far all they've done is give me 5 Feathers once a day and I'm far enough in that I'd imagine if Friend Summons or whatever were a thing they'd have unlocked by now.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

There are something like ~160 free orbs available at the moment. The 2 orbs per day will go away eventually (since it's just for the launch), but if this is like other gacha games it'll come back with (nearly) every event. Orbs from quests will refresh every month. Presumably the "paralogues" button will include event maps, that will drop orbs as well.

Basically, don't expect orbs to flow as freely as they do at the moment, but they will keep coming.

Yeah, now that I've got a decent stable of 4*, my 5* Lyn and a Healer I'm gonna hold off on pulling more to wait for future event banners and releases.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Has anyone done the math on how strong the weapon triangle is in this game? It seems to be much more important than it usually is in the main series.

I can't wait to see the monstrous things you can do with the characters with Gem Weapons (make the weapon triangle shifts more extreme) and Weaponbreaker. I mean they'll be screwed against anyone they're weak against, but still.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

We definitely have another chance because we didn't even get the Defeat Michalis banner.

Looking through the announcements the one for his Grand Battle has moved to the second page and now lists it as taking place on 3/24? The gently caress is going on?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope everybody accepts it so I see him more and can continue chumping the hell out of him with Julia

:hfive:

She and my Lyn make a really good tag team, though I still need to get off my rear end and replace Florina with somebody that can more effectively kill Takumi.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

My Life and Death 2 Julia (+atk/-hp) can safely bait most Takumis with a def buff and can OHKO most Takumis with an atk buff. You might not need a dedicated Takumi counter if you have Julia (though obviously run the numbers with the one you actually have)

I forget what her IVs are but I'll have to check cause that'd be really useful, thanks for pointing that out.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, looks like my Julia is +HP/-Spd. Have to dig up one of those Sims to see if LaD 2 will be sufficient.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tae posted:

Everytime you bring a dragon to arena

Julia mulches any dragon. Granted I haven't gotten an Falchion users at 5* to compare, but it is glorious all the same.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Also I accidentally threw away my Florina that has been filling space on my team, so I guess it's time to figure out who to toss in her place. Probably a Blue to keep my team balanced. I was training up my Sharena but I'm hesitant to field a full team of Infantry. I did pull some Effie recently but I'd probably need to slot a movement skill on Julia to help get her around . . .

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Remember that poll they did before this game got released? They still need to make a special version of Ike and Lyn right? Any ideas what those versions will be like, or at least, what you would like those version to be like?

My guess would be Lyn will be a Bow unit. I would personally hope for a cool redesign rather than some cheesecake and/or holiday bullshit in it as well but who knows.

Best guess for Ike is maybe he'll have an axe. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Considering she has a Unique Weapon, she's probably going to be a flying sword lord.

She'd better be, I'm still a little annoyed from Lachesis being a healer when her base class used Swords and Staves and her promotion could use straight up every weapon and tome type.