Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
My team of Amy, baby Guinivere, Merlinus and Old Merlinus will be unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Donny in the top 10 :getin:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The correct choices:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

She's even better in Japanese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUN53lWbA4

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I accidentally voted for Arthur twice, RIP

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

LordHippoman posted:

Have they announced anything about the system requirements (if that's even a term) for this game yet? I've got a really old phone that couldn't do Pokemon Go, but it runs Record Keeper just fine, so I'm not sure what to expect with this.

Check if you can pre-register for FE Heroes. If you can, that usually means your phone (or rather your phone's current firmware) supports the game.

Incidentally, I was able to pre-register with my old phone that couldn't run Pokemon GO, but could run Record Keeper just fine.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tae posted:

It's made by the same company that made record keeper, iirc

Yes, DeNA, who are co-developing all of Nintendo's mobile games. Which is why it was pretty easy to predict what a Fire Emblem mobile game was going to look like once they announced it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-fire-emblem-heroes-info-difficulty-levels-assist-skills-ranking-up-heroes-more/

quote:

The release of Fire Emblem Heroes is just 2 days away, but quite a few of the game’s details are still unknown at this point. Thankfully, a couple members of the press got the chance to try out the game for an hour last weekend. Below, we’ve compiled all of the new info from GameXplain’s and Polygon’s preview:

You can view all of a character’s special illustrations on their status screen and listen to their voiced lines

Units have “Assist Skills”, which can be activated when they’re standing next to an ally

Bow users still deal extra damage to flying enemies

Your chances of getting a Hero with a high star count increase each time you don’t get one when Summoning Heroes using Orbs (the game’s gacha system)

If a unit reaches level 20, they can rank up, which increases their star count by 1

The game’s first limited-time event apparently is centered on Lissa

Story missions have several difficulty levels – Normal, Hard and Lunatic, with higher difficulties yielding better rewards, but requiring more Stamina to play

There are different summoning “banners”, which each focus on a different group of Heroes

You can turn off combat animations, portrait cut-ins and voice overs

Special skills need several turns to charge; they are then used automatically next time the character attacks

At any time during a battle, you can spend one Orb to revive and heal all your units – you can also use this to resume a mission if you get a Game Over

There is an auto battle option

Each character has a brief biography that describes their character and which Fire Emblem game they’re from

The Arena uses a different Stamina mechanic called Dueling Swords – you get three Dueling Swords per day, and you need to use one to fight in the Arena. You can use Orbs to refill your Dueling Swords.

You can use Orbs to upgrade your Castle, which is essentially your base – the first upgrade costs 1 Orb and permanently increases all experience gained by 20%

You can also change the design of your castle

Nintendo Treehouse localized the game

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ideally I would've voted for another character from FE6 instead of Arthur twice, but oh well.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Brother Entropy posted:

man it's gonna be weird playing a gacha game where i don't know what's coming up soon because the global client is months behind the japanese client

Yeah, on the one hand it's cool that everyone is on the same page, but on the other hand you can't save up your orbs for that Hector swimwear gacha that you know is coming in 3 months.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tired Moritz posted:

why is takumi in endless devotion

He's devoted to being a dick

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/826476311589769218

Not surprising, but still.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sigurd is an honorary Tellius character in my heart. Spanish names are still really confusing to me and I will greatly dislike having to tolerate them in-game if the language can't be changed.

You can change the language.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Looks like the gacha rates are 3% for 5-star, 36% for 4-star, and 61% for 3-star Heroes, with the probability for 5-star Heroes increasing each time you don't get one during a draw.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

cheetah7071 posted:

Do we know whether the characters are evenly distributed and star rating is the chase, or whether characters are also whalebait?

As far as we know, characters don't have one specific star rating - in the Direct, they showed a 3-star, 4-star and a 5-star Robin. Also, you can increase the star rating of your characters via materials and training, so getting a 5-star character from a gacha draw doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Swimsuit Merlinus :shlick:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Super No Vacancy posted:

are the votes out yet. how can the voting end so close to the launch how will they have time to design a special cynthia

The two winners in their special outfits won't be in the game at launch

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/fire-emblem-heroes-100-characters-launch-developed-main-team-along-echoes/

quote:

Earlier today, Famitsu published an interview with the two Directors of Fire Emblem Heroes, Shingo Matsushita (Nintendo) and Kohei Maeda (Intelligent Systems). It provides us with quite a bit of additional details about the game, including what’s available at launch and what’s coming next.

Thanks to Ash’s translations, we’re now able to offer you a rundown of the main details from the interview!

Fire Emblem Heroes will be the very first Fire Emblem game on smart devices, but it’s not exactly something “new” for Intelligent Systems. Indeed: the idea of putting the Fire Emblem series on smart devices is something they have been thinking about for several years now.

About who’s developing the game: yesterday, we got the confirmation that Intelligent Systems were the ones developing Fire Emblem Heroes, assisted by Nintendo and DeNA. But what we didn’t know is that the main Fire Emblem team was actually working on the game (not just a “minor” sub-team created just for the occasion).

What’s more, the interview reveals that this same team is also working on Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. In other words, the developers at Intelligent Systems (and the main Fire Emblem team) have been really busy in the past few months, with:

development of Fire Emblem Heroes
development of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
supervision for Fire Emblem Warriors
development of the new Fire Emblem game on the Nintendo Switch

When asked whether they had considered making Fire Emblem Heroes a paid app (like Super Mario Run), the two Directors replied that they wanted as many people as possible to play the game, which is why they went the F2P route.So no, they never considered making the game not F2P.

In fact, the gacha mechanic has been there from the very beginning. They figured that the random drops for characters would be a great way for players to get to know the various characters from the Fire Emblem series. After all, only the most hardcore of fans will have played all the entries in the series, especially in the West where many of them were never even released.

When adapting the Fire Emblem experience to smart devices, the developers put a lot of focus on making sure the game was easy to pick up. In general, maps take about 5 to 10 minutes to beat, and you can play with just one hand. Of course, they also made sure that the game was true to the Fire Emblem series, so that both newcomers and experienced players could enjoy it.

Speaking of the maps, the 8×6 grid is the standard size, and there actually isn’t anything bigger. Basically, the developers made sure that all the maps would fit on the screen at all times. Interesting details: they are all based on maps from the various Fire Emblem entries.

At launch, about 50 maps will be available in the main story, but naturally, they plan on adding even more later down the line (to keep players engaged). The first set of maps available at launch is basically Season 1, and if other similar games on smart devices are any indication, we can expect new ones to be added on a regular basis.

As for characters, approximately 100 of them will be available at launch, with story updates adding new heroes later down the line. Those characters will come with new story content and map(s).

Regarding the story, Fire Emblem Heroes will feature a main scenario, but also “Gaiden-esque” parts (not directly part of the main story). Naturally, developers are planning special content to tie-in with new Fire Emblem games, such as Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for example.

And just like most other similar games on smart devices, there will be time-limited events, such as Great Hero Battles where players will be able to battle heroes that are much stronger than notmal.

Regarding the characters themselves, the two Directors explain that there are minor differences between them, but in general, they made sure that paramaters wouldn’t differ too much. As for the star ratings, they confirm that a 5 stars character will not necessarily be stronger than a 4 stars character, especially since you can take that 4 stars character and train it to 5 stars (as characters become stronger as their star rating increases).

They also re-confirm that all the illustrations in Fire Emblem Heroes are brand new: nothing was re-used from previous games or even the Fire Emblem 0 Trading Card Game. Also, absolutely all the characters get a special illustration for when they have taken a certain amount of damage, it’s not just for the main or major characters.

As for the voiced lines, it was revealed in the Nintendo Direct last month that they were also completely brand new. Lines have been recorded for various situations: when they are in battle, when you grab the characters on the map, when their star rating increases, and more.

In the interview, Shingo Matsushita and Kohei Maeda also mention a feature we haven’t really heard about until now (even in yesterday’s previews), tied to your friends. Sometimes, the leader character from your friends will appear in your home base, and you will be able to get Hero’s Wings from them. What’s more, the developers are also considering adding other features using friends in the future (simultaneous multiplayer, maybe?).

Finally, they talk a bit about the auto-mode, which is going to be pretty useful in the first part of the game, especially for players who are not used to strategy games.

An extra tidbit about the Choose your Legends event that ended yesterday: the official Twitter account for the game reveals that they received a total of 1.2 million votes for it. The results will be revealed shortly, and the winning character(s) will be added to Fire Emblem Heroes. Naturally, it will be a special version of the character, with a different costume and different skills (it will be considered a separate character altogether).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Terper posted:

It's me, I'm one of the most hardcore of fans in the series :unsmith:

Do we have any estimated release time(s)?

6 1/2 hours from now

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/826837560819384320

I hope it's not actually tomorrow.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

cheetah7071 posted:

I know that you can change the text (though not the voice) in the Japanese version to English but is there any chance of migrating your account if you don't want to permanently be on the Japanese version?

There is no "Japanese version". It's all on one server.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
*bangs knife and fork on the table*

GACHA! GACHA! GACHA! GACHA!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Turns out that the supposed customer service mail where that 7AM Japan time release timing came from might have been fake.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kheldarn posted:

Ya'll early. It's not even 2/2/17 yet.

timezones, how do they work

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I am playing this game right now

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

EGSunBro posted:

I've gotten to the third download in the tutorial and am getting constant error messages but if i keep dismissing them it slowly downloads between pop ups. It's ok tho there's a sweet pic of lyn in the background

E: Also everyone has their VA listed except Lucina who just has -- in the VA slot for some reason.

Yeah, that's currently what I'm doing as well.

Progress: 36% downloaded, Takumi in the background.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
68%, and each time I hit the "try again" I get a brief glimpse at Camilla's cleavage

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Okay, you actually CAN'T change the language in-game. If you wanna play in a different language, you need to change your phone's language, then re-download the whole game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lord Koth posted:

Got through the first two tutorial maps and proceeded just continuously hit communications errors as well. Just going to go to bed for the night.

My Anna did get a nice two levels though in the tutorial, so it definitely is just RNG.
+1 Spd, Res, SP
+1 Atk, Spd, Def, SP

I got the same levels for her, so at least during the prologue, level ups aren't random.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Before re-downloading everything, I briefly tried the gacha and got Donnel, Setsuna, Frederick and Oboro, all 3-star.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was fully prepared to spend hours rerolling, and then

Nope, keeping this one!!

Goongratulations

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, finally finished downloading. I'm sticking with whatever gacha I get this time.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hm, the only difference between the two summoning banners seem be the 5-star focus versions of the four characters depicted on the banner.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Eh, I'll keep it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hmm, it won't let me merge my 3-star Matthew with my 2-star Matthew

Edit: no wait, I did it. Only gave him a measly 20 SP though.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Second roll. Tiki is pretty good, and Robin should be useful for getting more points in the arena.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I linked my game to my Nintendo Account and got the 10 free orbs from My Nintendo. If I delete all my data, reroll and link my Nintendo Account to my new save data, can I get the 10 free orbs again?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Currently grinding healing exp for Lissa. You keep attacking Robin, Fir, I'm sure it'll work out eventually.

Edit: Ah, seems like there's a limit on how much experience one character can gain on a map.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

AlphaKretin posted:

FC Submission Form is here, Spreadsheet is here. You can edit the Team Lead column in case yours changes. If any other info turns out to be pertinent, well poo poo just stick it in there or further to the right, make a new column.

How do I know who my team lead is? And how do I change it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
My Lissa is absurdly tanky, for some reason. 14 Defense and 13 Resistance at level 11 :staredog: