Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So why are all of you splitting your votes like that? It makes it so that anyone who voted every day for a single character had 13x as much power in the poll as you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well all those answers are fair enough, I don't regret putting all my votes towards my favorites though (Hector and Tiki).

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
...So they actually did go with blocking off emulators like they did with f/go? I was hoping they wouldn't because my phone is extremely lacking in storage space.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

EGSunBro posted:

I'm playing the game on Bluestacks just fine

I tried bluestacks and it doesn't even show up in the play store at all.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

cheetah7071 posted:

Does anyone have a one-whiff banner they can check the rates of? I'm doing a bit of code to see how likely I am to get a specific character given N pulls but I don't know how the odds of 3- and 4-stars change when you whiff on 5-stars.

Since I didn't see anyone respond to this... After 5 whiffs on the Legendary Heroes banner the odds are currently: 5* Focus 3.25% 5* 3.25% 4* 35.81% 3* 57.69%. On Deep Devotion with 20 whiffs (yes, I have exhausted my sources of free orbs why do you ask) the odds are current 5* Focus 4.00% 5* 4.00% 4* 35.23% 3* 56.77%

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

sassassin posted:

Fully upgrading the castle is really expensive. Unless you plan to spend real money (and therefore have lots of guys to level up) I'd stick with +40% for 3 orbs.

Once you start getting close to level 30, you're really going to want a fully upgraded castle. It takes over 2000 experience per level at around 33.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Ugh, getting close to hitting the 40 with my two five stars and my two healers are both 34, and suddenly every advanced match in the arena is just teams of all five stars level 35 and up usually with at least one 40.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Goddamn, gently caress that arena guy I just got matched to with a quad-five star team consisting of Takumi, Camilla, Marth, and Elise, and getting matched to that lovely map with the single strip of land at the bottom and the two single-line bridges. At least two of his units also had bonus levels from being fused, which makes me think how in the gently caress did he get so many rares.

I am legitimately proud of scraping a win by the skin of my teeth though.

The answer to how they got so many rares is probably dumping hundreds of dollars in. Anyway, has anyone figured out what causes that 3001 error and if there's any way to fix it besides reinstalling the game? I just had one eat one of my dueling swords.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Katana Gomai posted:

180% or 200% castle? :shepspends:

If you have any desire to level a healer, 200%. 3k exp to level....

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Lube banjo posted:

it's the error you get when you have a rooted android device. sadly there's nothing you can do but wait and see if they will support rooted devices later. ie: your device is hosed because you will have to reinstall after every close

If that's the case then why am I getting the error on a non-rooted phone? I've had to reinstall the game a few times now because of it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mierenneuker posted:

For skill like Wary Fighter and Lancebreaker that mention the unit health %, do they use the % when you initiate combat OR after the first blows?

It's when you initiate the combat.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Pulled myself a 5* Tiki and Takumi to go along with my Roy and Camilla! :toot:
I have no idea how good Tiki actually is, but given how lackluster Roy is, it's possible she might replace him.Takumi will probably be replacing Lissa on my main team, 4* Serra gets to stay thanks to her two bonus levels.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mirthless posted:

you will probably have so many 4 star characters that it won't make sense to level up or evolve most 3 star and below characters unless they're really good and you've had very bad luck

you are probably going to want to save feathers for characters you can't get from the machine, which I expect will be a thing eventually, if it's not already. Is it possible to get higher star versions of the starter characters off the machine? I haven't seen any in 5 or 6 pulls and I feel like those characters have got to be good at high level.

edit: yeah, Anna can teleport around the map and gets vantage and astra, in addition to being a green character with relatively high defense, if you're going to spend feathers on a low star character...

You can't pull them on the gacha, and you can't trade them in for feathers. All of them (except maybe the prince guy) get some pretty good abilities at 5* too.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Poor Peri. Despite being a blue 5* she crashed straight into my Roy and died instantly. Have only 35 hp and 23 defense as her bases at level 40 doesn't really work out for her when fighting someone who has extra def/res when being attacked and debuffs her defense by 7 afterwards even with WTA.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Waffleopolis posted:

Nope. I checked and neither of them are favorited. Whenever I highlight them the Next button is still faded.

What are their star ranks? Are you trying to sacrifice a higher star to a lower one?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

cheetah7071 posted:

A character's final stats at level 40 are somewhat fixed--it picks one stat to give +3 to, one to give -3 to, and then randomly gives a stat either +1 or -1. The levelups leading to 40 might be random though? I'm not really sure.

This doesn't sound quite right? My Roy has -3 health and +3 speed from his bases with no other changes at 40, and my Camilla has +3 Attack and -3 Res from her bases again with no other differences.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Is it just me or did the notice for the special event character disappear? Wasn't it supposed to start tonight?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

chiasaur11 posted:

It's the tonight that kicks off 20 hours from now, not the tonight that's already started.

Ah, I got the date wrong then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
My Takumi is +Res -Speed :negative:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Just got a 7 round advanced battle streak in the arena with a team of Lucina, Robin, Takumi, and Serra. Not the highest possible score since Serra isn't on bonus and I lost a unit during a battle, but still jumped my rank up from around 51000 to 4449. I thought I was in trouble when I got a Fae, Double Takumi, Jakob matchup but then the two Takumi's ran themselves headfirst into my Robin and Takumi on round 1 and it was mop up from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Clarste posted:

Based on my own experiences, I don't think you get any score bonus for using a bonus character beyond the first. Your score might go up very slightly, but that's just from those characters having better stats and therefore changing your matchups.

Specifically, I've been switching Camilla with Nino (who are now both level 40), and the score hardly goes up at all. Certainly not a full 0.3, which would be quite noticeable. The high score guide linked earlier didn't mention anything like that either.

Oh I see, I was under the impression that the bonus increased for every member. In that case the only score I lost out on was due to stat totals, the one death, and my Serra being level 39 instead of 40.