Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

blizzardvizard posted:

Severe lack of manvotes itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Silver Falcon posted:

Well, Ike was still pretty young at the end of PoR, wasn't he? In the intervening time, he probably filled out a bit, maybe worked out, and fully matured.

IRL if you fight someone and win you get gain like 0.6% of their muscle mass immediately so maybe it's just that.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Brother Entropy posted:

rerolling is for cowards and weaklings

Yeah unironically keep the poo poo you get and learn to love your mediocre slaves IMO.

I played the first 2 tutorial missions but am just getting connection errors now, presumably the servers are getting hammered.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Tired Moritz posted:

Azama isn't trash. I think he's legit pretty good.

Azama is my god drat boy. Fair enough I don't have loads of good characters so maybe he's trash in the grand scheme but that lad sits in every team I make.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mierenneuker posted:

He'll always be useful for training purposes. Pain is fantastic at weakening enemies so your other characters can finish them off.

Is that the deal where he does 10 damage after combat, but it never kills anyone? Because yes that owns and is a big part of why he is, and will remain, My Good Boy Azama.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is there a setting for the arena to allow people to attack you? I've never been attacked once, are people just scared of my sic Linde?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

KnoxZone posted:

New banner is a wonderful banner.

I'm coming back after quitting a month after launch, what is that +10 you have there? Does that mean she's effectively level 50? Is that why '40+' missions keep destroying me?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Wait so people are getting not just 1 5-star character, but getting the same 5-star character 11 times? That's insane that must cost many orbs.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Why does Klein sometimes give me 500 feathers in the castle? Its happened twice now it's like he knows he's my favourite.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Do we know the next time goofy dressed up versions of characters will appear? I tire of the normal soldiers and want some clowns.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is there a site with an idiots guide to 'give this hero these skills'? I have no idea where to start or how to figure out what would be good with who.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Roger Explosion posted:

1. When you're new to the game, try and get all the colours, weapons and movement types covered. Do this via summoning like a madman, mainly.
2. From there, decide on an arena core that works for you and optimize them as best you can.
3. If you are cool with your arena team, start putting together teams to easier take on Arena Assault, Chain Challenges, movement specific quests and the like. This is where you start making bladetome/drive-spur-stack/Armor Emblem/Flier Emblem/Dragon Emblem/Cavalry Emblem teams.
4. Once you have a good army of teams to throw at AA, go back to your arena team and rework it/multi-merge them/inherit expensive skills in order to maximize your BST. Don't be afraid to ditch dancers and swap out lower BST units for higher ones (I swapped Ursula for Nowi and I wager one day I'll have to swap Nino for Sheena).
5. At this point, if you can stay in Tier 20 or a fine with Tier 19.5, go back to you AA teams and start optimizing/multi-merging them/making more of them. Or, work on hokey gimmick builds if you haven't already because it's fun.

Always remember to optimize your husbando/waifu though. This is vital to Heroes and probably the most important thing and should always take priority.

I stopped at 1 and went a year before putting new skills on my main crew, it's crazy how much difference it makes even if sacrificing my anime soldiers still feels wrong.

Also you missed a step; promoting to 5 star the heroes who have helped your rise to power. Olivia, Azama, for your long efforts helping in the training tower. Alfonse, Shareena, Anna, for your scene-setting dialogues. You are not the best but by god I will promote and then barely use any of you.

Slightly disappointed that the new Wacky Outfits is dresses that honestly look pretty normal. Is there like an annual calendar or a timeframe from last year on the next lot of really foolish looking heroes?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I saved 55 orbs because I wanted an idiot in a santa outfit but all I got was an evil man Hardin and 2 evil lady Robins. I did not want evil game, I wanted festive joy.

Did get a fancy man that can sing and fly around on a pegasus though seems like he might be useful.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Why does the lad with the flag have a cooler dragon than the other dragon riders?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Had 75 orbs saved so dropped them all on the beach clowns, got probably my best pulls ever

Then just some rubbish on the last roll. Would have liked the big titty archer but I'm not complaining.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just realised there was a commander support option, do we know exactly what it does? Is it a powerful stat boost or should I just stick on a primo waifu?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I hope they put the Big 3 in the random pulls at some point. It'd be nice to be able to build up a proper Shareena etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So we are absolutely sure that sometime soon we'll be able to summon the face turn enemy soldier I think is called Helbindi? Because I kind of want the yaoi fangirl but if Helbindi is coming then I must save every orb.