Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
At least the guy interviewing him while he talked about Sub Zero like his favorite waifu was Ravi from iZombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
That Brainiac post is making me want to take up the character.

My current main is Grodd, so not like I have a lot to lose!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

It's funny because Braniac is actually quite neat even if he doesn't have a lot of crazy combos. I don't know if we'll ever see a competitive Braniac get far since he's not fast enough to deal with high-level play, but Grodd has had some great matches here and there. He and Poison Ivy are kind of dark horse picks that crop up now and again which owns because they're both weird as gently caress and fun to watch.

Yeah I was screwing with Brainiac early today and he has a ton of variety in where his attacks hit, but he's just loving ponderously slow and his trait is rear end.

If they get to Injustice 3, I really hope a primary design goal is making every trait impactful, because so many are total duds.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

Bane's gives all his specials. ALL OF THEM. super armor. lv3.venom rko is the poo poo.

Only bad thing about bane's specials being awesome wrestling moves: No backbreaker from IJ1, but he gets it as a gear move so I can continue to break lvl 12 batmen who refuse to put competitive mode on since I am lvl20 Bane, destroyer of spines.

It's too bad that I think his aesthetic sucks really hard this time around, because he looks like a lot of fun

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Still not available. NetherRealm is bad at releasing DLC.

Still better than MK9, where the online game would be broken for a week or two after each one because they weren't forcing compatibility patches

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Technowolf posted:

I kinda like that MK vs. DC is still sort-of in canon for Injustice.

Unless...

Is this Ed Boon teasing us that the next game is MKvDC2? :tinfoil:

I hate that idea but NRS is so solid since MK9 that I'd still buy it

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I enjoyed the Deception/Armageddon phase of MK mainly because they stopped giving a poo poo and just threw all these ridiculous characters out there.

I actually miss some of them, like Havik and Ashrah, who were cool designs and concepts

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It's a shame we got the two worst Robins in the game

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Oberst posted:

Oh god it is going to be azrael isn't it

Of course, the game doesn't have enough Batman characters

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Apparently people already have Starfire by setting their clocks forward to tomorrow, so tmw release looks likely?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Seems very quick after last release, but I will never complain about fast DLC drops

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Senerio posted:

Pack 2 is gonna be Black Manta, Raiden, and Atom.

Where is Rudy?!?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
you guys, I am so hype to get out of work and play her. All her moves look sick as hell, her combos look like they flow smoothly, and TITANS

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SMOKE CONFIRMED

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Some people are saying it's Doomsday but I kinda hope that isn't true because I mained him in the first game and I'd have to do it again out of loyalty

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

Maybe Marvel will jump ship after MVCI sells badly. Not sure if Disney would be cool with NRS handling Marvel given the darker edge of being associated with Mortal Kombat, but NRS has come so far with their presentation and experience with content that I actually thing they could pull of a relatively lighthearted Marvel game.

Weirdo gimmicks like Braniac's tentacle swings and attacks / Cyborg's grapples make me think they could actually do wild stuff like Doc Ock, a presentable Spiderman, etc.

Really if they played their cards right they could do Marvel vs DC which would make all the money

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ike Perlmutter just got ousted, and he's the reason for the xmen and ff merch ban, so I expect to see more of the X stuff soon

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bring back Zatanna

This is a strange way to spell "JLA mainstay Martian Manhunter

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Bueno Excellente is coming after FP3, he'll be so hot they need to sell him seperately

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
oh boy can't wait to see Liu Kang in FP3

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Fart City posted:

Give me Groo The Wanderer, or give me death.

You'll get Goro, close enough.

Haha, just kidding. Goro is too interesting to be a MK guest character, they need to all be the most boring picks.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Tattered dress lady is Sindel

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Show of hands, is anyone at all excited for Black Manta?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
40 characters all with variations seems like too much

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I wonder if they will have gear for Atom's CW suit

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I can't wait for Bueno Excellente

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Don't know why people are excited for the FP3 reveal. We already know it's The Atom, Bueno Excellente, and Rudy from Funhouse

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Oberst posted:

Goku, golden age superman, & booster gold

Booster Gold is too good for this game

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ed said no more MK guest characters.

So my money is on the guy from NARC

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They were going to put Plastic Man in, but then they wouldn't have had room for Raiden and Subzero

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

fadam posted:

LMAO, apparently people data-mining the beta found references to the Shadow of Mordor guys (the ranger and the elf) and Alma from FEAR.

Probably just a red herring, but if not NRS somehow found a way to waste slots even harder than they did on the MK guys and Cheetah.

I'm not even kidding that the Raiden reveal made me completely lose interest in the game, despite having bought the Ultimate edition. There are so many great characters missing that it felt super lovely to spend more than 1 slot on an MK dude. It's a bummer too, because MKX I played for months and months.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

yo gently caress it, Ed just make this some hosed up Smash Bros already and put Mad Max, Rudy, and Jason in this bitch

TMNT might be the greatest guest character(s) in history

Everything is forgiven and LOL if you think my main will not switch from Grodd to TMNT on release date

For real though, Netherrealm already has all the DC and WB characters on lock, and they've shown they are great at securing other licenses. Make a cool fighter mashup of every cool character all tossing down.

Or wait until Capcom's license is up and lobby Disney to let NRS make Marvel vs. DC

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 11, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
You guys are crazy if you think the DLC will be done after Pack 3. They'll do what they did last time and add all the fan favorites people really want, just like last time

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ed Boon turtles when?!?!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
You hosed up, Rudy is actually the one from the Sean Astin movie

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Hexenritter posted:

I can't ever see him in anything without going "oh no master Frodo" or "po-tay-to. Boil em mash em stick em in a stew" in a Samwise accent

"I swear i weren't droppin no eaves mister Gandalf. But i won't be droppin no combos either!"

SAMWISE GAMGEE! FIGHTER PACK 4

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

That loving iCarly guy is still at it

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

NRS fans are legit insane. Throughout MKX the amount of tweets en masse about "PLS PUT SAREENA IN" was mental

Yeah but at least Sareena is an MK character

yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
There are masks that make their pupils disappear, as God intended.

Also, the God shaders work for that in a pinch

• Locked thread