Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GOON SQUAD: HELP US KILL SUPERMAN

Join our PS4 SA Groups:

The Goon Squad
ID: 2DPGZ

Goon Lantern Corps
ID: XPEF8

Dark Empire
ID: N6C2E

ALSO, our Xbocks group:

Goonrilla Grodd
ID: 02FRM

PC Group:

SuperGoons
1ENSH

___

Injustice 2, the sequel to the GROUNDBREAKING Injustice: Gods Among Us, is coming out for PS4/Xbone (get hosed, PC) on May 16, 2017. We are sucked back into Earth-2 or wherever this alt-universe is, wherein Superman's wife got killed by the Joker leading to a totalitarian regime commenced by the Justice League. Join Batman, Margot Robbie, Robin 666, and all their buddies for an epic DBZ showdown with Supergirl and (insert 2 new characters here.) Hitboxes, and faces, will be destroyed.

-- WELCOME BACK TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY: Ed Boon has stated that the Story mode for this game is his biggest and bestest yet, putting all Netherrealm narratives to shame. To be fair, this is a rather low bar to clear, but it's probably going to be better than any cinematic experience you get from Warner Bros. this year. I'm looking forward to Atrocitus promoting Red Lanterns Matter, Swamp Thing making out with Poison Ivy in the club, and Batman agonizing whether or not he should kill Superman for ruining his sweet Macbook setup in Injustice 1 that he was totally gonna use for a DJ set.

-- MODULAR COSPLAY: A mix between the variant system of MKX and the pisspoor itemization in Smash Bros 4, Injustice 2 introduces a brand new equipment system via way of dropped loot. You can mix and match costume parts for each character, changing not only their cosmetic appearance, but their fighting stats, as well. Additionally, some gear can even modify special moves i.e. Batman having an anti-air Batarang versus giving him an air-to-ground one. Some these even affect character skills, like Atrocitus' kitty cat call-in. You'll be able to save loadouts for each character as well. For those of you who hate fun or just want a fair fight, the option to play "pure" without the gear stats is also available.

-- MORE Z-LISTERS THAN EVER BEFORE:

With a starting roster of over 30 kooky heroes and villains, Injustice is even bigger than its predecessor. This number swells even larger with the 9 DLC characters + Darkseid + the "reskin" heroes like Zoom, Power Girl, and Jon Stewart.

-- WITNESS THE EXTENT OF THE MULTIVERSE: Injustice 2 takes a page out of MKX's Towers but mixes it up with the fine powder of the STAR Labs segments. Taking place across new planets and challenges every day/week/month, each themed planet has specific fights, objectives, and variables, as well as a refresh of cool gear constantly.

-- BATMAN HAS A NEW STANCE: Thank loving god

CHARACTERS
-----

Injustice 2 Character Bible, Base Set:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807626&pagenumber=160&perpage=40#post474165318

DLC Character Bible:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807626&pagenumber=193#post480789477

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CHARACTER?
Sorry, but it's likely that characters like Ares, Deathstroke (replaced by Will Smith), Doomsday (replaced by Harambe), Hawkgirl (cooked by an oven), Killer Frost (replaced by Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, and Sub-Zero), and Solomon Grundy (replaced by evil red dude who vomits blood and has a killer kitty) will not show up again. Not confirmed of course but it's likely, so don't hold your breath. Characters not named in any leaks/information pamphlets like Shazam, Sinestro, or Lobo could still return, so STAY TUNED TRUE BELIEVERS.

PREORDER/DLC!!!!

Much like MKX, Injustice 2 has a giant badass embarrassing Big Boy edition. Pay $99 for Darkseid, 3 premium Power Girl/Zoom/Jon Stewart reskins, and 9 DLC characters, 2 of which will probably be Spawn and Bad Mr. Frosty from Clayfighter. No matter what, you get ubergoober Darkseid for preordering this game.

DLC PACK NUMERO UNO

Starfire, Sub-Zero, and the Red Hood are confirmed as the first 3 DLC fighters.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR FUCKEN NERDS

"DEADSHOT, FIRESTORM, AND DR. FART ARE BULLSHIT."

Jmcrofts posted:

I did a video that hopefully will be helpful for anyone who's having a hard time against zoners/projectile-heavy characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRmnAG0iiw

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mercenarynuker posted:

Does this game feature the intense Batman chair-fighting action that the comics promise and that I crave?

No idea what chair you're referring to but there is a big sandbag you can punch and launch into your opponent on one of the stages. Sadly I have yet to see a luchador stage where you can smack people with a chairshot or a table. Maybe it'll come with the Chris Benoit DLC.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxS3Uu3-uk

Black Canary reveal! Sporting one hell of a wedgie, like her melee moves. Also showing the new Arkham Asylum level, it's super toned down!

Once again the newer trailers aren't showing any of the customization armor which worries me. As dumb as it looked it's kind of this games main gimmick.

I don't know poo poo about Black Canary but she's looking like a Sonya Blade stand-in, really bland. This at least continues to fall in line with the leak---looks like it's for real. This leaves Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Doctor Fate, Firestorm, Swamp Thing, and Cheetah as the remaining newcomers. Still hoping for The Spectre and Etrigan.

There was a stream where they covered gear stuff and the beta shows off a lot of costume options. Much like how MKX's Variation system boiled down to pros only playing 1 of the 3, I'm guessing the gear stuff will be focused on less in trailers for the sake of Injustice 2's status in places like EVO this year. The gear is more or less for fun-mode single and multiplayer modes. After the SFV debacle and given how incredible MKX sales were, NRS probably wants to cover all their bases for single player content and extras even after tourney poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That doesn't look like Bane.

Bane has like 5 different looks across games/movies/shows in the last few years but I'm sure the classic lucha mask will be available for this.

A new round of beta codes are going out soon, and the beta is being updated with Blue Beetle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why people still fucks around with Bane's design when his original suit is a timeless classic?

legit question you could ask about almost any comic character but with DC they reboot their poo poo so many loving times that I don't even know if Superman is still from Kansas or even Krypton. The worst might be the roboBatsuit that James Gordon wore for a while (maybe he still does!? Is Joker still deaD? who loving knows)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Diabetic posted:

Did they close the beta key invites? I had a friend trying to sign up and couldn't saying it was closed.

yeah I think if you didn't sign up for the month or so it was open, you're out of luck for now.

fadam posted:

It sucks that Canary looks exactly like Sonya but at least her face isn't all hosed up.

My first thought was literally "Sonya Blade is in Injustice 2" when I saw this. Also if it didn't say Black Canary I would have never known who this was in a vacuum without her fishnets and mask.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, that explains Fate's presence and possibly Ollie's return.

Is Dr. Fate connected to Black Canary in some way?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

What's Blue Beetle's trait?

Grows talon claws that increase damage and range, at least thats what it looks like in beta matches

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

His previously deleted tweets were of Green Arrow so that's who I'm betting for.

None of those dead characters are anything special to me although I would prefer Kyle Raynor over Hal Jordan, and was holding out hope that Beast Boy would appear.

The only dead character I really need back is Shazam. Really need those spinning atomic drops and sick thunderbolt combos.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looks like whatever was being revealed today has been pushed back to next week instead. However, there will be a Watchtower stream tomorrow which shows new gameplay and possibly a returning character.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

New Watchtower gameplay stream today at 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST. Maybe they'll send out more beta codes? They will likely reveal a new beta character to try; no guarantee of any new character reveals.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Little tidbit in the stream: hinting that Green Lantern's special equips may be different rings. Small chance we could actually get different color rings for his custom abilities. Forgot if Sinestro is dead or not but would make sense for a Parallax skin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Since his beta vids are pretty good, here's some ridiculous Superman gameplay from Maximilian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbYIrPYwNtU

I know he's Superman but jeez, those 2 or 3 basic combos along with the lasers. Think maybe he should get toned down a bit but how the gently caress do you tone down Superman.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

At least actually post other videos instead?

Anyway here's a pretty good match of SFox's Canary vs Superman. She looks like she's got really good combos and the canary cry works really well against zoners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbZADigCZk

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 11, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whew thank god the thread title is now validated. Swamp Thing looks like he'll be replacing Martian Manhunter on the "green shapeshifter" front, seems like a really cool character. Like the Noob Saibot poo poo he can do, he kind of reminds me of Glacius too? Slow plodding pace, teleports and shapeshifting.

All I need now is a surprise Etrigan the Demon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Have they shown any gameplays vids of Pam yet? I know they revealed her, but i can't find anything of her doing punching n' stuff. I am assuming that she and Swamp Thing are gonna be teamed up on the whole nature thing.

nothing for Bane or Ivy yet even though both are listed on the site. The biggest new reveals left are probably Freeze, Ivy, Scarecrow, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, and Cheetah.

The 9 DLC characters, one of which includes a loving MK character, hasn't been hinted at yet. I'm still betting on Spectre, Etrigan, Shazam, Prometheus, Terra, and Constantine.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah Superman changed from Top 1 with a bullet to "merely" top tier. Like, Martian and Flash were better pound for pound but Superman was still a threat against everyone.

Martian Manhunter was so loving ridiculous. He had teleports, grabs, insane reach and power with his trait, braindead combos, projectiles. Technically MM is like "omega level" on par with Shazam and Superman in comics but man he was crazy.

If anything should be toned down it could be the freeze breath on Superman or at least his trait cooldown.

fadam posted:

My money's on Poison Ivy.

Same, makes too much sense given Swampy reveal yesterday and Valentine's today.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

based on how improved superman, wonder woman, and supergirl's faces eventually became over a month or so, I'm not worried. NRS made huge leaps from MK9 and Injustice 1's body types and faces to what we got with MKX, and Injustice 2 looks like they're improving even further.

That being said I expect Catwoman's face to be remodeled because she looks like she's 60 or something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wonder if Green Lantern will be fun to play this time and not just a character with poo poo combos and an annoying loving telekinetic grab to spam all day

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Aw I was looking forward to some kind of Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing pre-battle banter in that video. What the poo poo, NRS.

gotta save something for the inevitable Watchtower streams this week. I'm guessing both of them will be next to receive playthroughs while Catwoman gets put back into intensive care to fix her awful face.

Cheetah is def the Mileena archtype minus that goddamn teleport.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Footage of the mobile game....so, this is a thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npv3OIV8bo8

Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg appearances, but some of the other characters look outdated so maybe this is an old build? Either way Scarecrow does NOT look like anything I imagined. Thought he'd be closer to the Arkham City variant as opposed to "clayface jack skellingten" which is godawful.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

What if Scarecrow's gimmick in his intro is him using fear gas to transform into the skeleton monster form

That kind of makes sense but after Swamp Thing do we really need 2 tall naked slime monster things. Would be a waste considering what a bang-up job his design was like in Arkham Knight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Hal can lay traps in the mobile game

This the only time I know Crane was given some fighting skills

lol jesus comics are bad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope Scarecrow is another instance of a "mobile only" character because he looks so silly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

knew i should've gone with my gut and said Mountain Dew Game Fuel

poo poo if they had a tie-in as an alternate skin I'd play nobody but Gamerfuel Bane

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Azrael would be a neat addition as DLC but I feel that we area already at critical mass in terms of Batman characters

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Stream with info and gameplay about Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn is coming up tomorrow. Thursday brings a new character reveal.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harley and Wonder Woman look fantastic; aesthetically they're great so far with their costumes and both characters' faces are huge improvements over the previous game. Really like the new hyena + gods blessing traits, too.

Wonder Woman overall looks way more brutal and has some fun new poo poo like Link's Downward Stab and a Stars and Stripes uppercut. One of her variant attacks is an extremely useful knee-slide attack to cover ground. Harley gets a ton of new variants like exploding bullets, altered projectile trajectories, and a poison syringe. She seems like she'll be even more of a frenetic, fun character.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

I love everything about Wonder woman I have seen, except one thing.

HOPEFULLY A PLACEHOLDER, but her j2 is that same weird jank animation that I loving hate. But combining the stances, her options, she gets in true NRS fashion a low or overhead combo starter into full combo that can be made safe on block with ex shoulder charge.

also that walking shield animation looked godawful but I'm sure they'll fix it. We've seen how well they updated things like Batman's stance or faces in general.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

New story trailer, with in-game Cyborg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTeb6WLGIl8

Graphics looking great as usual.

edit: vvvv Christ I hope not. I'm gonna say no because none of their reveal videos were just half-assed "oh here's a guy btw" embedded in a trailer

edit: Injustice twitter seemed to confirm yes it was, which loving sucks because Cyborg blows poo poo

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 23, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Starfire/Red Hood is a new one but hasn't shown up on the "official" leak anywhere. I can't imagine what Red Hood could possibly have that's interesting or different from Deadshot.

I think the only "I work at this company and im leaking this" instance I remember being true was for Smash Bros and heads actually rolled for that so this guy would have to be one stupidass gently caress to put this info out. I'm gonna say it's just some random dude who wrote up a really fake and poorly written list.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Next reveal is tomorrow. I'm guessing another story trailer and an appearance by either Scarecrow or Captain Cold. Probably going to ramp up the reveals since there are 5 weeks or so left. We have yet to see Mr. Crane, Mr. Freeze/Cold, Firestorm, or Dr. Fate.

Part of me thinks that the "too many bat people" sentiment will lead to Captain Cold being the new character and Mr. Freeze being a premiere skin. Even with those guys + Green Arrow, Black Adam, Joker, there are a LOT of "?" slots left on the character roster website page.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Fool posted:

Do we know if all of the characters are Injustice universe only, or if we'll have characters/versions of characters from the regular DC universe as well, like before.

it seems to be "alt universe only" right now which is why Shazam, Lex Luthor, Doomsday, etc are being left out due to death. In that case I would be glad if Joker is left out, he was really loving weird in terms of animations in the first game and it was off-putting, not to mention how loving bad his face/voice actor were. Harley Quinn's moveset encapsulates a lot of Joker stuff already i.e. big mallet, poison syringe, hyenas.

Having it be "alternative universe" also kind of explains why Supergirl is new in this storyline.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Boon teasing a "deep interesting" roster reveal tomorrow. Someone asked if it was Flash and he responded "not exactly deep into the roster" so I'm guessing we get a guaranteed new character.

"Deep cut" certainly fits Captain Cold so I'm going to predict it's him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://youtu.be/Sfoh07Vk17I

Because there is never enough Batman

LOL each one is better than the last.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Fate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0qwAnoK5Y

LOL literally using ankhs to stab people with. He looks like Dr, Strange from MVC3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we've def seen less of grodd than any of the other initial beta reveal characters. they'll probably drag his rear end out for a tandem gameplay video when Flash is visible

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

We'll also be getting a character video on the 9th, luckily

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

no idea how different Green Arrow gonna be. I can't wait to just loving replace all of Bane's poo poo with lucha costume items because I'm not excited about his Extreme Reebok attire. I can't see poo poo when it comes to that split second of 2017 Future Cold.

Reverse Flash looks cool as hell though and it's neat that he's in Story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cold is the guy in the rightmost side.

that is one weird rear end generic commando uniform he has, I hope he can just get the dumb igloo man hoodie and slit-eye goggles.

• Locked thread