Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Blockhouse posted:

scarecrow was super murdered in the injustice comics so presumably he's back via shenanigans that also gave him actual powers

Wow that makes 2 black lanterns so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean, Scarecrow shows up in the first game, so yeah prolly just a fuckup

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Blockhouse posted:

In recent years overexposure to fear toxin has made Scarecrow unable to feel fear at anything non-Batman related

the yellow ring gave him that back

Massive self ownage is a recurring thing with poor scarecrow

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

Mera's thing these days (i don't know how much of this is a retcon) is that she's from some exiled Atlantean tribe stuck in basically the underwater Phantom Zone and was sent by them to basically assassinate Aquaman by getting close to him but then she fell in love with Aquaman by accident. It's kind of cute, if a little stupid.

Lol is that just a random dude in the last panel? Because that would own even more than it being a real character.

E: Wonder twins would be totally awesome, if they did like a Noob/Smoke thing with them.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 1, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It is my birthday and they are showing off my character today! Coincidence???? (yes)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Counterpoint: Catwoman looks awesome and aerial Cat Dash is everything I ever wanted, ever. I hope it still has armor on the meter burn!

I am excited that my stupid character is back and seems mostly unchanged! I just hope I can figure out how to fight without accidentally inputting Cat Dodge 10000 times like in the last game. That input was the bane of my existence.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They didn't show her clash :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am looking forward to the catwoman v atrocitus voice lines.

I feel like red lantern catwoman should be a thing and she should hijack dexstarr

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

in-depth gameplay we still haven't seen yet:

Grodd
Deadshot
Ivy
Braniac
Catwoman
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Firestorm
Black Adam
Scarecrow
Aquaman

Curious to see if Cyborg was changed from poo poo-tier with a hilariously awful ability to anything else. We've seen quite a bit of Grodd but haven't gone terrifically deep into his basics.

Cyborg was top tier until they nerfed his fireball, wasn't he?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Out of curiosity who would you say the bottom 5 injustice characters were? If you say Catwoman I will have to melt downchallenge you!

But yeah cyborg is lame as poo poo and only made it in because he's in all tv shows. He's the only lame-rear end character that's returning!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Catwoman got armor on the second swing of cat dash and zoners were always fun for me to chew on :3:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Playable Booster Gold is my great hope

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man I was wondering why Scarlet didn't make it into MKX! (lol)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kurtofan posted:

I'd love to see Constantine

:same:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Flash looks really good this time around

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah his super is insane

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
bane 88% damage super move D:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I liked last game's joker voice so ???I dunno???

mind you i'm the #1 Epcar fan

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Grod is basically this game's Kotal Kahn, or maybe its' Mileena.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I thought MKX's story was super weak. They did a half decent 'oh poo poo!' moment at the end of D'Vorah's chapter but it after that there were no surprises. You knew who was going to end up beating Shinnok by the end of chapter 2.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Catwoman's little hood thing looked p cool i am excited for this game about punching

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They said very early on that you get a random piece of loot for your dude after every match based on your dude's level i.e. play a dude more to get more and better stuff. I sincerely doubt it'll be purchase based beyond the usual 'buy the new skins!' being 'buy the new gear set!'

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just need him to make arrow puns and i'm happy

E: They should really just make an Injustice but in the Brave and the Bold universe it would be 10000x better

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I only know who Hal is and i think most people only know who hal is and you're all dorks

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pam looks p fun but her shoulder buddies are just visually really weird looking

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just want to say that if all the goon rooms are gear-off i'mma call u all turbonerds and make fun of you

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
items are always correct and competitive gaming is for dweebs

jimmy OUT

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My current ranked record in MKX is 97-3 I'm probably the best player ever

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
*hasn't played ranked since before Tanya was playable*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I use unbreakable or w/e it's called sub zero because i'm an idiot who likes counters

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah i mean I learned how to actually play fighting games off of Injustice and I can do it fairly well, but I'd much rather support costumes opening up stupid poo poo i.e. Captain Cold platforms over dialed-in no customization fighting that they are pushing for ranked.

I feel like ranked fighting is always the feature mode in fighting games, and when you strip out parts of your game to make it work for ranked on it's face it's kinda lame that you're pandering to a minority group.

Anyways as long as goon rooms are items-on then who even gives 1/100th of a poo poo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

I think its mostly a lesson learned from Variations from MKX, as for the most part Variations were just a failure. A grand and worthy experiment to try absolutely but with rare exception generally characters only had 1 variation worth a drat and the other two were not worth your time. Its just hard to balance that kinda stuff.

Yeah I suppose you're mostly right about this.

I played ethereal Mileena because I couldn't be assed to figure out how the variations differed from each other and I liked the pale skin visually. I would tech piercing against Kano or Sub zero though for the low knife counterplay.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
eh the mkx story was really bad and all the twists were obvious IMO but injustice and mk9 ruled hard

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That was the best part though

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

wow Deadshot looks even more annoying than Deathstroke or Jacqui Briggs with the speed of all these gunshots, jesus. I wonder if he'll have a lower health pool or something to balance that all out.

From what we've seen of the game I think a lot more characters have aerial mobility and teleports and dodges and such so it should balance out (I hope!)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah NRS actually designs their games for the platforms they are on and use a 4 direction input system, which is cool and good

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Beating scorpion was super easy though, you just had to slowly walk towards him and then punish when he got frustrated and tried a special.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really hoping for a Shao Kahn style boss version of Brainiac (or darkseid!) since the final boss from the last 2 games was so underwhelming

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It was pure stats, yeah. Was still really lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
End bosses in fighting games should always be overpowered cheating bastards that require 20 tries to beat, IMO. The first time I beat shao kahn in MK9 just ran away and dodged his poo poo until he'd taunt and then I'd uppercut him because ???kombos??? lmbo

• Locked thread