Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

What are you doing to power level?

Endless on the Battle Trainer multiverse. Single Fight and setting it up for just 1 round per fight is probably the fastest though, but Endless is a good mix of also picking up credits, boxes, and gear along the way. Plus you can use AI for that mode when you are feeling lazy or don't like the fighter you are leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

Ooh, I hadn't thought of changing the round limit on Endless. Thanks!

My bad, you can only do that for Single Fight.

I need to learn how to adjust the stats for AI fighters. As it is the stats are balanced across the board, but if you set it up for the strengths of each fighter you can do much better with the AI in multiverse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

You do that in the gear customization screen, though I forget exactly when to push what to get to it.

It's R1, I just am not smart enough to figure out where to distribute stats and what gear works best.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I came across this Reddit thread that should help with setting up AI attributes https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6c56jb/injustice_pro_tip_100_win_rate_ai_loadout/?st=J2Y7WO3S&sh=b729d5a0 I am trying this out with Cheetah right now because she is the latest character I am leveling up now. On Endless it seems to be working very well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have just Red Robin left to get to level 20 and then it's waiting for each DLC character to come out. :homebrew: Not that I will stop playing Injustice 2, there's still grinding for the perfect gear for each fighter.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Injustice 2 had a training stage like Mortal Kombat X's.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 1.04 update fixes the issue where your AI won't use sidekicks in multiverse. Big difference now in how these battles go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Level 20 on all 29 base characters just now! My last one was Robin.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just wish he was available tomorrow. NetherRealm might as well just go ahead and do it if they are not already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Surprise, all the Teen Titans have been replaced by Kombat Kidz.

I want this now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The multiverse world, Fuel By Hate, gives Platinum Motherboxes each time you complete it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish there was more to spend my credits on. If you do a lot of multiverse then you will have more credits then you know what to do with. Right now I am sitting at over 4 million.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am in Goon Lantern Corps myself and we were doing awesome at first in the guild rankings but have since fallen behind on doing guild multiverse. Guild multiverse isn't fun due to the difficulty and you can't use AI. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I worked from home today so it was 8 straight hours of doing multiverse with AI in the background while I worked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a bug for me where your AI loadout attributes for Brainiac do not work in multiverse. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This Batman AI build: 20 rushdown 10 combos 30 counters, has supposedly gotten a player to 233 wins in Endless tower. Trying it out right now to see how my AI Batman does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HebrewMagic posted:

Rip Adam west :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

This loving wrecks, enemies are lucky to get 1 shot in per round.

I got 40 wins in Endless with this, so i'm trying to figure out what stats I want to focus on with this build. Having the correct gear equipped is something I still don't understand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got over 50 with pretty bad gear. Only 3 or 4 were close. Exact stats matter less when a comp is playing, because they tend to have a balanced attack. Your level is 80-90% of the stat block anyway,so your best play may be to attach XP mods if you are powerleveling.

But I want to understand how some players are getting over 230+ wins with some of these AI builds.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My only character left that does not have all epics equipped is my Robin. 72 hours of playtime so far and I cannot get him an epic katana for some reason.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not able to even look at Red Hood in the fighter selection. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xeremides posted:

So I went to see if I had access, and instead, I have his polygon model on the selection screen, which is unplayable, and all of the DLC characters as silhouettes. I figured they would have fixed this already.

That is more then me, the DLC silhouettes are gone for me now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got Red Hood to be playable for me tonight. I am running him through Endless tower and am level 12 so far. Will get him to level 20 tonight and do his multiverse world.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xeremides posted:

I just uploaded the 2 relevant pages:

This is some hella weird poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Okay so I had no problems getting Red Hood yesterday and the DLC silhouettes were visible. Now today Red Hood and the silhouettes are gone. However, I went into Red Hood's Multiverse event and was able to play as him when I used the random selection option. What should I do to fix this?

Go to the main menu and wait for the game to load up a AI match to watch, exit the match and the DLC characters should be back. Hopefully this issue is fixed in the next update.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ed Boon confirmed on Giant Bomb that an Open All Boxes button is coming in a future patch

I'm not opening boxes anymore until this is implemented.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aquaman in Injustice 2 was not modeled after Jason Momoa, so it's hard to care.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally, all of my fighters are equipped with all epic gear. It took over 87 hours. So much bad RNG from these loot boxes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like when I open a gold box and get poo poo all

Now i'm all about getting abilities and hero cards. I sell all of my commons and rares.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Somehow my Black Adam has 54 epic pieces, a character I never play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Recent patch is loving bad.

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Injustice-2-July-update/m-p/1566889#M14

-- Reduced how much XP, credits, and gear drops you get when using AI fighters
-- XP has also been reduced when fighting characters lower level than you
-- lowered drop rates of abilities, shaders, and epics

But hey thanks for the minor buff to Black loving Adam, he really needed that. Thanks, NRS :bravo:

What is the point in these changes?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remember when you forked over somewhere in the vicinity of $100 to buy this game with the DLC? That's not enough. More is needed.

There are no money spending options to get around these changes is the thing. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

Lmao God forbid people actually have to play the game now to level up characters.

Man, I grinded out leveling up 25 characters before letting the AI do it for me. Let me have this. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think NetherRealms is trying to discourage exclusive AI play it is just that it's stupid to even care about that.

NetherRealms did thankfully fix an EXP exploit though that allowed players to get profile rank 100+ within only a few hours. To little to late though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

ai will fight anomalies now

This alone makes the patch worth it imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is beginning to feel like NRS thought AI play was a mistake and want to discourage it.

gently caress that, it was a great idea. Mortal Kombat XI better have it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

!Klams posted:

I must say, I'm not really a fan of this whole "character added to the game and visible in character customization screen but not playable and no info on release date" thing.

This seems like a weird complaint to me. NetherRealms is giving the dates one character at a time, Sub-Zero was announced for July 11th almost a week ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I may have created an unstoppable Red Hood build? I am over 300 rounds into this Endless run so far.

[edit]
Round 314 so far.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 3, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well don't keep me in suspense

Combo 30, Counter 30, stack as much health as you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am on round 382 now and I feel like I have made a horrible mistake. How much longer is this going to go on? I have created a monster. The AI is literally not capable of beating this build.

• Locked thread