Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

The actual difficulty listed on the event is a lie, in my experience. If you're having a lot of trouble, I'd suggest having multiple loadouts for your character with certain 'hate' equipment, such as 'bonus damage against superpowered/lanterns/kryptonians etc. You can change character after losing a fight without losing progress through the event.

...Really? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Does Tim Drake even exist in the Injustice universe?

Yes, he was in Year 3 of the comic and appears in Cyborg's arcade ending in this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Did the injustice one comics come out before or after the game?

They started January 2013, the game came out April, and they continued after.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Has anyone managed to regen the boots into something decent?

Mine are like 0/124/0/0, and the useless Don't Jump for XP trait that seems locked on there, and that's the best I got in a few tries.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fart City posted:

That Don't Jump for XP trait is the most asinine gear bonus, and it seems to show up on everything.

But to your question, no. For some reason the boots keep getting refilled to bottom tier for me. I'm having a similar problem with a piece of Supergirl gear that never gets better overall stats as well. So it's definitely not an isolated issue.

That trait must consume a huge amount of item budget because the others pieces have about 500 stat points to spread around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The skirt's actually part of the top. That piece is just underwear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fart City posted:

Yeah, it seems like it does. Nearly every epic piece of gear that I've gotten that's had the trait attached to it has usually been overall worse in stats than the average rate stuff I've been getting. And it's super lovely because it's one of the few traits that actively works against you in terms of playing how you want. I can't think of a single character that could be played optimally without ever jumping. Even heavy hitters like Bane and Scarecrow use j3 to pretty good effect.

That and it becomes useless at 20.

Xeremides posted:

It's the boots that decide whether she has pants or not, and my boots, after like 15 regens, are still stuck at around 119.

Right, but I mean the blue skirt is part of the top piece. So if you use pants she still has the skirt on over them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

I think he was probably throwing to prove a point but I just beat Tom Brady in the Superman mirror online lol

Is there a way to watch the last five minutes of his current Twitch broadcast?

No, you'll have to wait until it goes up in his gallery, if he does that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on the customization menu but don't do it, it's super expensive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, but it uses the same currency as the 'make your gear look like different gear' which is a useless feature

That's also the buy skins and (some) shaders currency.

In any case I don't think you earn enough to level more than one character without spending extra money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

I thought the ultimate only came with like 3 of the skins out of 9 or something. Like it doesn't have Vixen and Freeze and whoever?

There's 4 more total. 3 are in the game for 6000 source crystals each, and you get Grid from linking the mobile game.

The 3 buyable ones can also show up in top tier boxes and post match rewards apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every character seems to have at least 5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet it's a waste of scream power but I like Canary's command grab because she just grabs the opponent and yells in their face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starrett posted:

This was debunked by NRS.

As in they can only be purchased by source crystals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kahndaq's DVD library is a bit out of date.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ruzaii posted:

Just spent about 300k on post patch boxes. About 25 bronze boxes gave zero epics, shaders, or moves and only a handful of rares. I did get a few moves from gold boxes, but they all dropped as epics instead of commons. Super small sample size, but it definitely seems like the loot boxes got a bigger change than just cost.

Not surprising, you could buy infinite bronze boxes before.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spawn is from one of DC's competitors, it doesn't really seem likely he'll be in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They wouldn't have patched in just Red Hood if they weren't releasing separately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

!Klams posted:

Am I right in thinking that the computer 'cheats'? Like I know people have said it input reads, but, is it actually doing stuff like, "if user pushes square, do one of these things that beat it, if they push triangle, do one of these things that beat it instead" etc etc, such that sometimes it's literally impossible?

It's kind of annoying if it is, and it feels like it is.

Also, where would I look for a good doctor fate guide? I'm kind of ok with him, but still don't reeeaally know when to use which combo and barely know any combos beyond the target ones.

Yes, and you can use that to your advantage at times too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Only Joker and John Stewart, I think.

Yeah, none of the regular cast died. It's a different Green Arrow and Joker isn't even real.

DLC Inc posted:

spitting vomit on people can interrupt a LOT of actions

This is also just a good every day tip.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, just that you get the shaders and 3 premieres right away instead of as the packs come out.

It's also probably cheaper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm 12, so yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

no way jason is the edgelord here, damian has a literal katana

Jason shoots tweens in the face.

Damien mostly kills adults.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no retcon he's just a liar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not just a keeping the comics in play thing, the first game established Green Arrow was dead too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Observe whether he uses specials or regulars more, and build for that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whenever there's something that could be solved by time travel but the story needs it not to be, it's because time is solidified there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Ike Perlmutter just got ousted, and he's the reason for the xmen and ff merch ban, so I expect to see more of the X stuff soon

Disney shuffled the movie division out from under him but he's still in charge of everything else at Marvel.

The X-Men ban has been relaxed over the last year anyway, they're in games again now. The F4 ban has been made even harsher.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Star Sapphire is literally a palette swap of Green Lantern.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rights to Static and the Milestone characters are totally hosed right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Ron Perlman is pretty pissed about the fact that they're making a new Hellboy movie without Guillermo Del Torro's involvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to be connected to the character at all any more.

Mike Mignola didn't like Del Toro's movies anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norns posted:

Replace shity Robin with midnighter

His name is Red Hood.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

DC Movie Universe is making a Joker/Harley Quinn movie, for some reason. :/ I would be totally down for a Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy movie though.

I think they're making that too? Ayer was going to make a Gotham City Sirens movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need to do things like end 100 matches with a specific meter burn, 100 super move finishes, 200 wins against heroes etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Fate is technically one of the most powerful guys around, but he's not very popular. So he's the one who usually gets dropped to show poo poo's going down.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

Can't wait for more Batman characters!

The only good ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Harley Quinn originated from the Batman Animated Series, not from the comic books. Let's not split hairs here.
:goonsay:

What? He’s just saying the in-game GA is not the same guy as Injustice 1’s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already went over their fishnet budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's because they nerfed her cleavage and rear end, weren't you around for the launch outcry?

• Locked thread