Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
bobby lives in austin, he's a moderately funny comedy club regular by night but a propane department technician at mega-lo-mart by day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

empty baggie posted:

Jimmy Wichard is the best character.

he ain't right though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fortunately, we use butter in this house

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Atmus posted:

I think the biggest piece of nonsense here is Lucky's truck.

It's obviously an 82-86 F-series truck, but I have several problems with it's depicted modifications.
First of all, the rear side windows in the extended cab units for these years had a decorative panel covering parts of them which despite hindering visibility helped keep rainwater from getting through the seal and rusting the sheet metal.
Second, the front differential is on the wrong side. The transfer cases that Ford used for these years would have the front output on the driver's side, not the passengers. While it is certain that this truck benefited from a front axle swap, it could not have been completed in this fashion without a transfer case swap, which would have necessitated at the very least a transmission to transfer case adapter, rerouting of the exhaust system, and the various hangers and supports needed to accommodate all of that.
Thirdly, the cab and bed combination depicted was not readily available on the F-350 models. While lucky would have had to forgo the 'extended' part of the extended cab (or move up to a crew cab), he would have had the proper solid front axle all ready to go and could have focused his efforts on the lift and the engine. The 4wd F-150 and F-250 models all used Ford's Twin Traction beam front axles, which was an early attempt at having independent front suspension on their trucks. The system had pros and cons, but are easily converted to a more traditional solid front axle from a donor F-350, which again, would have the differential on the other side.

drat you, Mike Judge! I spit on your truck of lies!

this is what happens when you tell posters to draw the floor plan of the house

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lol tid pao steals principal moss's mug

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's a long-winded joke to write for like ten frames of animation

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Peggy wrote the article.

actually it was written by bob jenkins
:goonsay:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it doesn't say anything, don't give this hooligan the satisfaction of reading their vandalism

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sassassin posted:

Hank needed to be tougher on him.

He grew up to be Cotton with Peggy's arrogance.

i was recently thinking about how luanne grew up to be luanne with peggy's arrogance. she gets as bullheaded as her aunty in some episodes

>i am a proud, ignorant woman!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

King Possum III posted:

dust in the wind man, just dang ol dust in the wind

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
david kalaikiali'i's surname means "king of the small sun" which is perhaps not quite as good as if it had translated to king of the hill

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nooner posted:

wematanye

this derail is retarded as gently caress

wematanye

look pa, i brought it back to life

i'm a shaman

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bombadilillo posted:

Makes the episode where he washes up in another city and arrested/institutionalized weird.

nah he washed up in dallas shirtless and disoriented with no ID and nobody can understand what he's saying, checks out

even if they asked him to write down what he was saying, would you beleive a babbling man in a speedo who wrote "i am a texas ranger" on a sheet of paper

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Hank is naive about how car sales works.

But in the episode where his truck dies and he buys a new truck, he tells Bobby to act like he hates the new truck when they talk to the salesman

hank acts like a sucker because he trusts tom hammond. but he doesn't trust the huckster at world o' trucks

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tim Whatley posted:

The kid bully and his lovely saying is bar none the worst episode outside of any manger babies episodes.

Just watched the one that starts with Hank obsessing over a boy band and it's so great.

yea the only episodes that really stand out to me as stinkers are Hank's Bully, the canadian neighbors episode, tears of an inflatable clown, and then maybe the one where bobby goes to clown college.

as for great episodes after cotton dies, the one where they have to flush cotton's ashes in the crapper is :discourse:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hank's woes at airport thanksgiving are primarily a result of his, and peggy's, neuroticisms. i think it's a good episode

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Hank has been accused of murder, accused of burning down a fire station, accused of price fixing, convicted of DUI, jailed for intentionally ramming a police car, arrested for buying crack-cocaine, stole a guy's wallet and a child's bike, was briefly a pimp, operated an illegal lunch truck, tried to cover up what he thought was the death of an endangered species, helped cover up the theft of expensive military hardware, and became an accessory to his wife's human smuggling operation by distracting the police so she could get away. This guy has to be the biggest criminal Arlen has ever seen.

the average american commits three felonies a day without even realizing it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
not mine

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that boy ain't right

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wish KotH had more halloween episodes. They might have my favorite christmas episodes.

while i think king of the hill had many great seasonal episodes, it also had the one about the old woman who invades hank's house so she can die in it and i think that alone was bad enough to nullify the rest of the christmas-flavored episodes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Doppelganger posted:

It's a running trope in the series that the moment Bill obtains any sort of power or authority, it corrupts him and he starts acting like a turd.

actually this explains a lot about why he never got very far in the military

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hawowanlawow posted:

it definitely starts to suck in the last few seasons

but square footed monster is a late-series episode

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

with apu gone the way of the dodo i wonder if the eventual koth reboot will include kahn

one of the previously-unknown benefits of burning your bridges with your producer is that nobody will reboot your ip

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think s12 has a fair number of good episodes. plus the one where cotton dies

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Contrarily I heard he can score at will. Look at him swing.

big bad john

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lama bobby was the only good episode about bobby and connie

i guess the one where connie joins wrestling is pretty great but that's not really about bobby and connie, that's more of a bobby and connie fix a problem created by peggy raging against the system

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingslayer posted:

He let's out a gigantic sigh of relief on that one. He for sure thought Bobby was gay.

i read it very differently because i always assumed it was really obvious that bobby isn't gay, he's just... bobbeh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingslayer posted:

Iron Chef! Iron Chef! Iron Chef!

Gonna say I would totally watch Monsignor Martinez. That show seems bad rear end.

vaya con dios compadre

monsignor martinez seems like the sort of thing netflix should produce

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sponge Baathist posted:

dusty old bones full of green dust

a fine example of a crap episode from the later seasons

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Worst episode list (in no order):

1. Trans fats
2. Canadians
3. Hank's cat
4. Bill's sauce
5. ZZ Top

i like trans fats because bill stuffs his face with disgusting trans fat-free food and gradually becomes more and even more disgusting and slovenly as the episode goes on

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trans-Facism (seriously that's the episode name) is the dumbest loving episode by a longshot. It was jumping on the reactionary bandwagon against an effort to actually improve peoples health. loving everyone did en episode about how great transfats are.

i think you're missing the forest for the trees. the episode is about the arlen city council banning trans fats, but the episode is about hank driving an illegal food truck while still being hank hill and observing various traffic and food safety laws, and becoming buck strickland's proxy for his feud with roostah

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if bobby had become a shitpicker then their businesses would've been in direct competition. and that's not a battle bobby would have won

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's "mush." bobby is mush. ya can't build it up into anything, but ya can't beat it down neither

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"i'll tell you what's goin on with our beer. they've sold it to the japanese, who will change the formula and repackage it in square bottles that will only fit cupholders in japanese cars"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mojo1701a posted:

Is Mike Judge still regularly appearing on InfoWars?

thank you for providing evidence but we already said mike judge is better than matt groening

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cry Havoc posted:

why does junichiro look like hank/tilly rather than cotton

junichiro's mom used to look like tilly when she was young

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
too bad his only super power is being fat and hairy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dale's skill is not that great. remember that he falls for doctored photos, but it could definitely be someone else's photoshop

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
to get into the christmas spirit i'm watching Pretty Pretty Dresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hank is a merchant, and that image macro is garbo because it doesn't have any screens from witches of east arlen