Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Haven't seen many episodes when KotH aired, so I'm watching all of them now. As a child I was a Simpsons fan, but now I think I actually enjoy KotH more. I'm in the middle of season 6, and there are hardly any bad episodes, although some characters get progressively more and more cartoonish, especially Bill.

The show's also inspired me to make this thing, hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZn3fv3vTrQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
His singing voice is so different from his speaking voice...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

manero posted:

General BOO poo poo > King of the Hell

That's a clean burning hell, I tell you what!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdDjNAyPdA

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dang ol' BOO, man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

theres no way the bb team doesnt love koth

Some of the people who now work on BB used to work on KotH. Most notably, Jim Dauterive. Here's a handy article from the official Bob's Burgers fan wiki:
http://bobs-burgers.wikia.com/wiki/Bob%E2%80%99s_Burgers/King_of_the_Hill_Connections

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She's in the episode with Ann Richards.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Apart from the episode about Bush's weak handshake, KotH always steered clear of addressing politics directly. The war on terror episode about snake exterminators was good, too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Boomhauer struggled with commitment and midlife crisis.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What season does that happen? I'm rewatching on Hulu after only seeing a scattering of the original airing over a decade ago.

6 and 12 respectively.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dang ol love in 6, but what's in 12?

Four Wave Intersection.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

don't forget the episode in season 8 where boomhauer struggles with that girl marrying his brother

Oh, yeah, that's also a good character study.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pretty good Bill, below average Hank, and terrible Dale and Boomhauer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

She might get a phrase or two right but I think it's accidentally. And the pronunciation is probably always terrible.

B-but she can roll the R's!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pixaal posted:

Nothing gets wrapped up in the finale it wasn't even intended as a finale a different episode was.

It's still a fitting last story but it really is just another episode

What episode was it supposed to be?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's funny, because he never talks about it. Or maybe he does!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

namlosh posted:

Watched straight through recently and the first episode that really pissed me off was the one where they go to the park for an “eat what you catch” self-reliance lesson and they run into a huge hippy straw man. Just ridiculous...

Like, yeah hippies hate work so much... that’s why they went primitive camping in a park and stole a truck

Terrible

Hank was okay with teaming up with those hippies to raise delicious cows. It's not all black and white, man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Did I ever post this?

Local burger joint had elementary kids draw up random pickle themed things. I think Hank would love it.

Bobby, I have turned myself into a dill pickle. I'm, heh, Hank Dill.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Keep thinking about Hank Dill.
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/hank-dill

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 25, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

I know it shouldn't, but it drives me nuts how time makes no sense in Arlen. At least six Christmases go by and certain characters never age.

There were at least 30 Christmases in Simpsons.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

counterfeitsaint posted:

At least it's consistent. It always bothered me in Bob's Burger's how the characters explicitly age for the first 2 seasons and then suddenly stop.

Bobby aged in the first season. Later on they never specify how old he gets on his birthday.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RIP Buck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And he's from Florida!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

killer crane posted:

do they make those anymore?

They can watch artists' VEVOs on youtube.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fur20 posted:

hank wouldn't have liked trump because he's from new york

So is Hank, lol.

I imagine he's the type of person who respects the office of presidency regardless of who's in power, and while still probably voting straight R, he wouldn't be protesting for recounts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pro starcraft loser posted:

I drew King of the Pill

Yep.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As far as reboots go, it's not the worst idea.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5eRMgzB58

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Head Bee Guy posted:

bobby gets cancelled

Someone finds a video of him doing jokes in AAVE and 'white roots funny' from that one episode with Chris Rock, and Netflix cancels his special.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 19, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JustAnimeDubbed.TV

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBgwZcOV6k

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

namlosh posted:

Totally agree… I say his quote all the time:
“I believe it was Lucretius who said: Nothing human disgusts me”

Funny wnough, I’ve tried to source that quote and a lot of the hits point back to Tennessee Williams

It's actually from a comedy by Publius Terentius Afer AKA Terence. The original Latin quote is 'Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Another Bill posted:

I watched the ZZ Top episode the other night and i enjoyed it.
/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Another Bill posted:

Somebody asked me in a job interview if I was a gamer and and the disgust with which I answered probably lost me the job lol

I was asked that at an interview once. They were really impressed with my gaming prowess. But that was for a job in a game studio. In the end they just couldn't afford me and the level of gaming expertise I possess.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Dale would think the anti mask people are working for those that created the virus so he'd wear a mask.

He'd wear a mask half a year in advance due to increased amount of chemtrails, and would just continue wearing, because it's all connected.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thanks, google.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just finished the second season of the Beavis and Butthead revival, and now I have high hopes for new KotH. Mike Judge has still got it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Old Beavis and Butthead are even funnier than young B&B.

People seem not to like it, but the episode where they marry each other to score with a lady was great.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Wasn't thatherton voices by Burt Reynolds who is also dead? Wonder if they'll bribg him back?

Only once. He was later voiced by Toby Huss, who is very much alive.

E:b

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The one with Snoop Dogg in the park is undoubtedly the worst, but there are still some funny moments here and there. Now, if you really want bad TPB content, look no further than their Out of the Park spin-offs. Overreliance on improv didn't do the show any favours, especially considering that not everyone on the cast is equally good (Julian by far has suffered the most from cutting down on more structured scripts). Haven't watch the animated show yet, but I imagine it should have less improv in it?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 22, 2023