Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

As lame as some of the later episodes are, I chuckle a little whenever I think of the phrase "child prodigy meat inspector."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sigh. Vidalia.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If they make Dale be into conspiracies in the same way he'd have a rant about how certain supposed government agents posting on certain message boards about certain billionaire businessmen and Benghazi are all a distraction organized by Bob Arum.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The ideal King of the Hill movie would turn away from larger-than-life situations and just be 108 minutes of Hank hosting a neighbourhood bbq with everyone coming and going in real time.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another Bill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UogkCxWJWw

This seems like a good day to mention Mike Judge's great show Tales From The Tour Bus. The Jerry Lee Lewis ep is wild.

Actually they're all wild.

owns

I wonder if coked out emaciated Johnny Paycheque was part of Beavis's design inspiration. Take away the beard and add a needle nose and that's pretty much his face.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not a country music fan by any stretch but the show got me interested in checking out Waylon Jennings and seeing what that's all about.

Also, I'm a huge fan of funk and have no idea how I missed out and slept on Betty Davis for all these years but I need to give her stuff a listen too cause that poo poo sounds like fire.

So my weekend playlist is set I guess.

All of the music on the show is so good. Mike judge has taste.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh and having watched most of it now, the peak of the series is the end of the first George/Tammy episode. I made t his face :staredog:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I wish I had friend named Octavio for hijinks and shenanigans

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

THERE'S SOME MILK IN THE FRIDGE THAT'S ABOUT TO GO BAD

and there it goes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ya don't give a toy without batteries

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

teenagers, husky boys, and donuts....

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Y'all with the cult

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

a child with a tool in each hand has no hands left, to do Drugs

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A MIRACLE posted:

Just noticed his voice being different when I started my rewatch

Also, season one has Bobby showing shamanistic tendencies (order of the straight arrow) and Luann fixes hanks truck in the very first episode

Bobby is revealed as a holy man at several times through the show - a buddhist lama; the great gas head.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SettingSun posted:

There will absolutely be an episode where Dale connects with other lunatics via social media.

Hank! You gotta help me! These people are CRAZY!!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I enjoyed the aged up Beavis and butthead

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BiggerBoat posted:

I mean, yeah, to make it work you have to age up the characters for sure. Having them older but basically the same from a personality standpoint and in a modern setting would seem to write itself, especially under Judge's guidance and keen eye for satire. It doesn't make any loving sense or even seem interesting to just pick up where they left off.

Stick Bobby in a community college with his own apartment where you introduce some roommates. Have Joseph doing...whatever it is he might do...maybe trying out for a USFL or XFL football team and get it to where Hank and Peggy are mulling over retirement in the modern age and all that goes with that.

You can write off Luanne and Lucky by saying they moved to Florida or, if it can be done tastefully, have them die off screen. Gracie Margaret Kleinschmidt and Good Hank are blank slates that you can do anything you want with, so maybe the Hill's are saddled with caring for two younger kids and then you can write in some generation gap bits.

Kahn would have probably moved into a bigger house that he can't afford.

No way Kahn would have moved. His entire story arc is about him finding, accepting, and appreciating his acceptance in the community.

What he would have done is torn down the house he's in and built a bigger one that he can't afford on the same lot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yeah Buck butters Hank up all of the time and treats him with kindness as part of his manipulation strategy to get what he wants from Hank. Cotton treats Hank like garbage but underneath all of that Cotton's relationship with Hank is (more or less) unconditional, but that lack of kindness leads him to be vulnerable to Buck's manipulation.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the whole revival is going to be a mini series about whether pineapple goes on pizza

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr Gribble! Smoke!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

goofinthol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

it's the kind of book that people read on airplanes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pixaal posted:

having trouble getting the tapestry to be aged without making Bobbie an old man. This what you are thinking of?

I'm not OP but when I saw the prompt I was imagining underwear Bobby in the Bayeux tapestry

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

In the revival Joseph will have a younger, paler, more skittish sibling.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hmmm I'm not sure of the overlap between this and the Simpsons Meme thread....

But have you Ray Jay agnostics seen the post history of one Haschel Cedricson?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Don't dox me

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bobby is gonna be a fruit pie salesman in Wichita Falls

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dooley is gonna work at Strickland Propane

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Joseph is gonna have a small retreat (compound) where he does Three Sisters permaculture on a piece of land near the highway that John Redcorn rents to him for a really good deal

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BTW just to be clear when Bobby ends up as a fruit pie salesman in Wichita Falls, he will be a wildly successful fruit pie salesman beyond all of Hank's comprehension.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There will 100% be the word "Gribblecoin" mentioned but it will be a throwaway gag alluding to something that happened during the show's hiatus. Probably that Dale's Dead Bug accepts payments in Gribblecoin.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

cap snaffler.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'LL HELPS YOU WITH YOUR DISHES

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

substandard ladder safety

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another option would just to have Dale not talking anymore other than the occasional "yup" and have all of his antics happening in the background, like with a lot of the John Redcorn gags.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Could also put more Octavio in

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another Bill posted:

According to Canon, that guy is the sometimes mentioned but never seen lovely Bill.

lovely Bill appears in the episode where they're camping out the night before Sebastian Bach is going to do the cross-border drug deal that ends with them negotiating with the cops in both countries while floating down the middle of the river. He is on screen for like 1 second hooking up a trailer and hauling something away. Can't remember what he's hauling off but it's instrumental to the boys' ultimate victory in that fiasco.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You know how much he likes the fundamentals.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

propane maniacs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Detective No. 27 posted:

Peggy was only even eligible to be nominated because all the good substitute teachers got drafted to Vietnam.

But then how did she invent the world's first pressure cooking deep fryer?