Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Some people just don't like cringe comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nooner posted:

I :filez: it a ways back but its anniying having to open each episode and also the quality sucks i miss it being on netflix ):

Plex will auto open the next episode. It's like Netflix, but files on your computer

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Yeah she got dumber and less nuanced as the seasons went by.

She starts off as a 3 dimensional character and ends up as a "blonde airhead". The direction her character went is just so disappointing. Maybe she just couldn't cope with Buckley's death. She'd be such a wreck if Lucky died, which he'd have to if they ever make a new season.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

The actress who played Luanne (Brittany Murphy) died in 2009.

That's right, forgot about that when posting.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

There are a few good episodes in the final seasons.

Better way to put it. After the real series finally (the wedding) it's all downhill.

The final episode is one of my favorites though it's such a good send off. Which is odd since they had no idea that'd be the actual finale.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Gaunab posted:

THE LAST EPISODE WAS ABOUT KAHN BEING MANIC DEPRESSIVE

That's the 2nd to last episode. The series finale is officially To Sirloin with Love. Bobbie finally finds something he is good at, and that Hank approves of.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I also don't remember him being in a limo; I've only done 3 or 4 watches of the series but I always took the limo line as "it's not going to happen" since he doesn't have a limo. It's a very Hank joke.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Well time for a group watch then, that's the only way we'll ever figure this out. S1E1 tonight.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mweber posted:

Hank, what would weirdos be doing near the gas station? What WOULD weirdos be doing near the gas station?

Well the weirdest think Hank could probably think of is filling a car with propane, so that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Maybe, in another 20 years, people will appreciate bagging again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Can't believe Bobby's real dad is John Redcorn

I thought he said Boomhauer.

He's like my dang ol' son man.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Who What Now posted:

For real? Got any good examples?

The Picard Song is the most well known, and the only one I know of, I'd love to see other examples though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rYhRqf757I

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Haha, what the gently caress did they do? I'm on mobile, so I can't check.

Christ, how does someone post so poorly that they get banned from here? :psyduck:

I'm not going to repost that, but you should read it. This should link directly to his perma ban since your on mobile: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866609&pagenumber=10&perpage=40#post487330333

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

....right to left, top to bottom?

Makes more sense if you read it like a manga. It's a clear DBZ reference I only watched Z and that was over a decade ago, but I assume there's 2 very similar frames in the manga.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I don't think any of the characters in KotH are supposed to be perspective characters, they are close enough to real people that the characters are just that, characters. You need a perspective character when you are in space or talking with elves, the reader / viewer needs to be able to relate to something. In KotH that something is the setting.

You probably know people just like at least one of the characters, hell you might find yourself in one of them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bill has really bad depression and occasionally pulls himself out of it. Once the honey moon is over and he goes back to being a depressed mess he loses all interest and blames the new hobby on all his problems. He needs a therapist.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

snack eater posted:

Bill doesn't need to see a psychiatrist. He's not crazy; he's just suicidal.

You don't have to be crazy to talk to news to talk to someone. Depression and work anxiatity are the most common reasons and no one would classify either as crazy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

That's just trapped mice that are trying to escape and going to burrow into her chest when they can't get away from the smoke.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just gonna leave this here:

Yup

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

You don't have to know much spanish to know peggy is god awful at it

It gets worse as the show goes on. So either the skydiving fall scrambled her brains and she's reaching for the wrong words and just existing is a struggle, or the writers just did it for comedic effect. What's the first episode she speaks Spanish and was it actually fluent?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Joe the Strummer posted:

Joseph Likes To Watch

You've got ants

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

No way. Bobby IS Cotton. He is just never going to kill fiddy men.

But if Bobbie is Cotton, then he's a time traveler and Bobbie becomes Cotton and will kill fiddy men.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Cotton is gonna be the dad. It’s why the mom and cotton don’t like each other. Bad break up.

Cotton is dead though. How could you forget the fantastic episode that is Death Picks Cotton

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So Bobby drew the right conclusion from the wrong information and Joseph drew the wrong conclusion from the right information.

:thejoke:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I think you mean Beavis and Butthead :colbert:

It's pretty loose by the tone of the article, and sounds closer to a fanfic of what would people in North Carolina be doing while the events of King of the Hill take place? Judge isn't involved, so I expect the most we'll get is some references and maybe some name drops.

If it does well maybe we'll some guest appearances, but that doesn't seem like it's on the table at all right now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I love how Hank clearly has no idea what he's singing about.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Didn't he play piano as Dale few years ago then delete it 6 months later?

Currently coming off as boredom or fan service.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

King Possum III posted:

You can buy the DVD sets on eBay pretty cheaply, which is what I do.

But then you need to own something to read the DVD, and change the disks and actually keep track of them. If you say just rip them, I then need to figure out how to encode them to look good and might as well pirate. No streaming or digital download is really the only purchasing options that make any sense in 2019 unless you want to display the case, which is entirely valid and different use case.

I'd probably never even verify the discs had the episodes on them if I owned the complete DVD boxset.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I always wanted a son named hank, I'm going to name him Hank!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

And then there's Chuck Mangione. :allears:

I love telling people that he's a real person, you typically get :magical:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The only confusing part is the top right

Warning: do not

also Honk is wearing 2 watches

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's actually 'Warming: do not'.

so it is

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dale brings it up a few times even coming up with an abduction story to cover it. He might know on some level but if he does he doesn't let himself think too much on it. Worst case he suspects Joseph of being an alien not a Redcorn.

He's well aware that he was out of town when Joseph was conceived.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nothing gets wrapped up in the finale it wasn't even intended as a finale a different episode was.

It's still a fitting last story but it really is just another episode

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

killer crane posted:

which final episode are you talking about? also what needs to get wrapped up on this show that isn't wrapped up by the end?

The wedding was the intended finale, the actual finale is the one where Bobbie learns the joins of grilling.

Nothing needed to be wrapped up but they didn't do that lame thing a lot of shows do where they kind of break character to say goodbye to the audience. You could watch either of these episodes and have no idea it's not a random middle of the season episode. I think it's perfect.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I wasn't saying the episode was perfect, it's perfect that the show goes out like it's just another episode.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Traxis posted:

The worst part of the show is Lucky

You don't like Tom Petty?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

King of the Hill is full of characters who are pretty bad people. It doesn't mean they can't have amazing episodes. Cotton has some great lines. Lucky was a bit fixated on his "pee pee money" but he also had nothing else going in his life. That pee pee money was his life and so of course he's going to tell the story every chance he gets.

Next someone is going to come in here and say the show would be better without Peggy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Watch this soon if you plan on it, he's posted a few videos then either taken them down or they were removed in under a week. He was playing piano in one. I don't currently have sound so this is also a reminder to myself to not miss this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

What, this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqWMF5qhp4

There's a lot of videos on his channel :shrug:

someone linked one of his videos at some point in this thread and when I went to watch it it said the video had been removed by the uploader. It's possible Google just spat out a bogus error because hey it's Google they do that sometimes. These seem to be working still.