Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Overwined posted:

I like how Cotton likes Bobby seemingly only because he annoys Hank.

Cotton loves Bobby because he's his own man, unlike Hank, who's constantly seeking somebody else to emulate. Bobby is comfortable with just being Bobby, in the same way Louie Anderson isn't suicidal. Hank will never be satisfied with just being Hank. You know, inna final analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I loved when the pretty brown girl moved onto Rainey street, became Joseph's girlfriend, and the second John Redcorn sees her mother he drat-near BWAAAHs, for reasons he can never explain to Joseph. At least until it's time for college. Then we'll see which box Nancy checks.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah but after some reverse physcology a kindergartener would see through. She totally wins.

I feel like he knew he was going to die soon anyway, whether he wanted to or not, he could only keep it up for so long, so he might as well go out making Hank's Wife feel terrible.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Amazon took seasons 2 and 4 off of their streaming service. That is to say, I paid for seasons 2 and 4 many years ago, and now I can't watch them.

THE REVOLUTION BEGINS TODAY

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

what a loving retard i'm right here in carmel and i can't watch seasons 2 or 4, the best seasons

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

The entire series is up on Hulu.

IT'S NOT THE SAME

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Traxis posted:

Just :filez: that poo poo, you already paid for it.

Nigga I did that like five years before I paid for it, it's the principle.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There has to be some inspiration for the Harmoniholics episode and I want to know it so loving bad.

It was inspired by the Dallas based men's choral group The Vocal Majority.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

Weird question but what's everyones favorite character? My gut reaction was like Hank or Bobby but the more I thought about it the more I realized it was Luanne or Dale, maybe even Peggy. Bonus points for your favorite side character. Mine's probably Appleseed, the hippy that Hank works with in the co-op episode

Bill. He doesn’t commit suicide even though it’s clear his depression will probably never get better. That shows immense strength of character, honestly it’s a bit inspiring.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Wtf was with the episode where Bobby’s dungeons and dragons group were all a bunch of histrionic weirdos who all wore ceremonial robes and wanted Bobby to drink dog blood? That was a slanderous depiction of a dungeons and dragons group and a completely accurate depiction of a vampire: the masquerade group.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I don't think the Coven of Artemis was into roleplaying but were just a bunch of weirdos.

Why worship Artemis? She was totally not dtf. Should’ve worshipped Aphrodite.

I guess it would be weird for Bobby to be a member of a neo-pagan sex cult, though. A cult that drinks dog’s blood is much more wholesome.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 20, 2021

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

A For Effort posted:

I sit at the table, yet my proper position is by your feet. What manner of scamp am I?

I enjoyed that Bobby’s Commedia Del Arte instructor was the illegitimate son of a Rodeo Clown who had previously mentored Bobby.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Teenage GH being a giant except reserved as hell

His daddy was 6’6” before a Japan-man took his shins.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

In the episode where they think Ladybird is racist, Hank tells Roger that he was accused of being racist. Roger asks if it was a guy in a bowtie who told him that. Any idea who that could be referring to? I have no idea. Matthew Lesko?

There’s a black supremacist UFO cult called The Nation of Islam, they wear bow ties.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Here’s an idea, the characters aren’t aged up in any way and nothing has changed significantly in Arlen since the show ended.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

pixaal posted:

I thought it was confirmed that they were aging everyone and Bobby was born in 1985

Bobby is a bit older than me and this perfectly tracks as I was too young to get the show when it came out.

That sounds horrible, I hope it gets stuck in development hell and is quietly forgotten.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Bobby will probably be an improv teacher who takes advantage of his students financially and promises them fame and uses them as a captive audience for his terrible comedy.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

This was an episode from the latest season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Bobby is naturally funnier than Sweet Dee, and none of his characters are racist, so it’s different.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

pixaal posted:

Vat aru' talking abut?

Ok one of his characters is slightly racist against elderly yiddish-accented men.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I look forward to the fact that in this concept, everyone's lives returned to peace and prosperity, only for them to return 25 years later and bring them all to ruin once again. Sadly Anderson will probably be dead by now.

I’m laughing already imagining them desecrating his grave.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

There’s no way Joe Jack didn’t die like right at the beginning of the opioid crisis from a carfentanil-laced OxyContin.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Perhaps I've just missed it, but I see everyone talking about boomhauer, dale, bill etc.... in the last several pages, but what about Connie, Kahn and Minh?

Did Bobby and Connie lose it to each other, she gets knocked up and kahn sends her off to boarding school?

Or they got married, separated, but are now co-parents on good speaking terms?

Kahn and Minh seem a bid… broad for today’s sensibilities.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

According to the show, Arlen is 96 miles from Dallas and has a population of 145,300.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

One episode does say that, yes.

And so it shall always be. Amen.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

seiferguy posted:

John Redcorn was voiced by two Native American people (first one who voiced in him season 1 died in a car accident), so there shouldn't be any excuse for recasting Kahn.

I have a good excuse, Toby Huss is hilarious as Kahn and anybody else would do a worse job.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Toby Huss would definitely deserve a new regular role on the show.

We're all in agreement that Buck's definitely dead, right?

Realistically, he shouldn’t have survived the original run of the show.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Woo loo loo, Wematanye, woo loo loo!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

bobjr posted:

I wonder how much they would change in the Hill house to account for modern tech and living changes.

Especially since a late season episode has a B plot about Peggy and Luanne getting a new big screen tv and hating it

They obviously didn’t know how to turn the AI motion filter off that artificially makes everything 120 fps, like my stubborn brother. I bet Hank will insist it be left on, because that’s how the television manufacturers intended we watch tv, like my retarded brother. They’re the same brother btw.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

"I don't understand this show or have any love for its characters, let me write an article demanding it change"

Peggy Hill is a perfect being of light, and should not change.

I disagree, I think she’s too meek and her feet are too small.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

pixaal posted:

The most Hank thing is that when you see their wedding photo instead of kissing they are shaking hands. It explains so much why he could not get over Bush's handshake sucking.

Someone should have explained to Hank that not kissing his wife on their wedding day would make him appear abnormal. He’d have done it then. He has an irrational fear and hatred of non-conformity.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Is there something wrong with wonder bread?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Fishstick posted:

Hey Hank Hill, what you doing in plumbing isle? Need to buy new crescent moon stencil for outhouse?

I loved just how loving mean his classist insults could be.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Looks like some episodes will be them middle-aged as well. Can't wait!

That’s fine, as long as they’re mostly young. I think I would like middle aged redneck beavis and butthead.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Poor Bill. He probably shouldn't be alone, but he will be.

I’m sure the army has hospice care, and I’m sure Bill already has them listed as his emergency contact.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bill is best in small doses. Like bacon

Bill disagrees. Bobby does too but it's not cause he loves Bill.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Lol

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Dale reminds me of Trevor from this classic article that was a big sensation in its time

https://bostonreview.net/articles/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness/

Tell me honestly you couldn't imagine those quotes in Dale's voice

I don't think Dale ever said anything explicitly racist or classist, except that the Souphanousinphones were abducting and eating neighborhood dogs.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The discussion was about fictional show Dale vs the thousands of real Dale Gribbles that exist right now out in America somewhere. That article talks about the actual Dales

I'm just saying no, I can't imagine that in Dale's voice, it sounds wrong because Dale isn't a loving rear end in a top hat.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

2nd Amendment posted:

Which is pretty loving racist. Do we see him interacting with minorities other than the Souphanousinphones or his gay friend John Redcorn (who is no doubt one of the good ones)?

I think the treasurer of his gun club is a black gay man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

Dale loves his son and would die to protect him. Aint no chud dying for anyone other than trump

His perfect white son whose grandmother was a quarter Jamaican, according to Dale.