Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I won my dynasty league last year, and I'm stoked to start fantasy baseball again this year! I just don't know if I should keep Todd Frazier or Adam Duvall...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

its for autists

This is probably true, and may be why I prefer it to H2H.

They're both fun, though.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You made out, but I really like Hamilton this year. He really came on in the 2nd half last year. 36 steals in 45 games, batting .293 over that time. He finished the year with an OBP of .321, which isn't bad. He's also improved every year.

If he could make even another small step to a .270/.335 hitter, he could dominate a steals category all by himself. In both Roto and H2H.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Except they have Andrew Miller as literally the best pitcher in baseball which I'm kinda buying. Best WHIP, ERA and K/9 per ZiPS

Eduardo Rodriguez not so much :negative:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

weas posted:

Who is S. Travis?

I'm guessing it's Red Sox prospect Sam Travis.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Lookit this guy drafting pitchers early and closers often...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure he was :razz: guys...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
When there's 7 pitching categories, punting saves will barely hurt you. I wouldn't stress too much about it, and I wouldn't be trying to trade for a closer.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I got smoked in every league this week.

I suppose at least it's different this year. In all 3 I drafted for hitters, and in all 3 I had really good pitching and my hitters utterly poo poo the bed.

gently caress... hitting?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

resident posted:

Shout out to my friend that dropped Thames for Mike Leake last Thursday.

I dropped him for Brandon McCarthy just over a week ago. This year has not been kind to me so far...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I've got Haniger in 3 of my 5 leagues, and Thames in 1 of the 2 where I don't have him. so yay.

I'm playing the guy that picked up Thames after I dropped him. In 3 days he's already put up 6/1/1/0/.545/1.734 against me.

:razz:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Has anyone seen Bellinger play at all? How's he look?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Looks like Abreu just needed to pull his hammy hip flexor to get going....

(Good thing he was on my bench in two leagues today.)

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 29, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

Bellinger hit 2 dingers and he should have OF eligibility tomorrow on Yahoo.

It's why he was on my bench yesterday. Plugging him in for CarGo today. :feelsgood:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

In hindsight, Miggy Cabs getting hurt may have been a blessing in disguise because it got me to pick up Jedd "eligible for the entire infield" Gyrko to fill in while he was out.

He was maybe the MVP of the end of my season last season too for that same reason. He's super streaky, so infinite positions combined with a hot streak makes for an awesome few weeks.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think I just read that his HR/FB % is something like 47%, lol.

Around the same time, my buddy in my OBP league traded Judge to someone for Rajai Davis. He's pretty pissed.

:drat:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

By the way the CBS podcast has a host named Heath Cummings who is Teemu Pokemon in my head canon

I drafted CarGo too but luckily there have been plenty of OF guys to grab and stash CarGo on my bench

Yeah I have Nelson Cruz and AJ Pollock (and now Bellinger) so I'm not desperate anymore. I had kept CarGo and drafted Bautista, so things were a little grim for a while. I also have Frazier, who's also done gently caress-all, and Jose Abreu had a really slow start. My hitting has come around now, which is why I'm wondering if it's worth stashing CarGo. It probably is, but I could use the pitching help.

Also having terrible Keeper's Remorse over keeping Frazier instead of Duvall. I agonized over that for a long time. I chose poorly.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

If you do this let me know so I can waiver claim him

Then offer me a trade, jerk! :argh:

Yeah I'm not usually the one that panics. I guess we all touch the stupid every once in a while.

I do have too many hitters, though.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Huh, how 'bout that.

That actually isn't that terrible. If this was a total dynasty league, I'd actually probably do that. (I'm also the idiot that traded Wainwright for Profar, clearly I love me some over-hyped rookies.)

I don't think I can justify trading CarGo for someone that just had TJS, though. He would eat a roster spot all year, and then a keeper spot to boot. All for a possible payoff in 2 years.

I keep forgetting that CarGo is only 31. He's just injured so much I always envision him as a broken old man.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Goddamn, Bellinger.

#1 player of the last two weeks. That's a pretty good entrance!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

I got Bellinger, Gallo and Zimmerman off waivers. My offense is awesome. I went into the season with Byung Ho Park as my starting 1B since I missed out on the top tier guys and figured it would be better to get someone off waivers than overpay for mid tier guys like Abreu/Agonz/Pujols. so far it's worked out pretty well.

Nice. Zimmerman has been godlike so far. I wish I owned any shares of him.

This team has Bellinger, Gallo, Castro, and Mark Reynolds from waivers. Pretty happy with that. (We won't mention that I drafted Thames and dropped him. No, let's not mention that...)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

I'm absolutely crushing my OBP league (47-11-2) and I have no idea how this team is doing it. My offense isn't exactly dominant, and neither is my rotation. My bullpen is outstanding though.

I'm in the top 3 in every offensive stat (12 team league), yet I'm 13-15 in those categories for the year. H2H is a fickle bitch.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Pandanaut posted:

Someone just dropped Schwarber for Lewis Brinson. :allbuttons:

Our league :taco:.

Pandanaut posted:

I don't even know a thing about Happ, but I just hope he is keeper worthy. One guy in the league has built a super outfield of Benintendi, Judge and Trea Turner all without ever needing a number one waiver.

That guy's team is sick. He also has Freddie Freeman and JD Martinez. And Scherzer. His team gonna be good for a long time.

Re: ESPN or Yahoo, I like Yahoo's search functionality more. I wish it didn't refresh the entire page for every little thing, though. I like how much faster ESPN is for everything. Both apps are kinda meh. Yahoo really needs an easier way to look at the opponent's roster for that day. ESPN needs to stop logging me out every couple weeks.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Moneyball posted:

Woke up to an offer of Corey Dickerson for my Freddie Freeman.

Vultures.

I woke up to an offer of Michael Conforto for my Jose Abreu. By the guy I just called our Taco like 4 posts ago. Now I feel bad, because this trade offer actually isn't terrible.

It's a dynasty league where I already have Kris Bryant, Bellinger, Frazier, and Mark Reynolds to play 1B. Anyone have thoughts?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

kensei posted:

If you don't want to make it yourself, you can make a thread in SA Mart or just ask someone. I made the blinking Bo one I have now and I <3 it. I've made them for people for AV certs before, which are like $5.

Holy poo poo I never noticed Bo blinking before. :lol:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Ha, sorry about that. I looked at it and then forgot about it.

I really don't have an opinion on it anyway, so whatever works is fine by me.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Xander Bogaerts is slugging .448 without a single home run. That would break the all-time record of .442, and shatter the record of .366 in the last 25 years.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

its-happening.gif

What am I looking at here?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

The Cubs have a bunt defensive alignment that forces them to classify Rizzo as a 2B for one play. 4 more and he has 2B eligibility.

Oh right, I forgot about that. :lol:

I was furiously trying to look up information on Joe Rizzo in case I missed something.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

:lol: in the (effectively) third round of our dynasty league I took Matt Harvey and John Lackey

I also took Taillon in the "first" and dropped him because I thought he'd be out longer :negative:

8 of the 13 guys I drafted are no longer on my team. Really stellar drafting, here!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Would need to see the rest of your scoring to say for sure, but it certainly looks like you are overpaying. Gallo literally only hurts in Avg, and $5 to keep him is incredibly good.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

please don't mistake doing well against the Twins with being fixed

This is some race-to-the-bottom poo poo for our pitching. 64 IP and only one win to show for it. :barf:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Miggy is one of the league leaders in xwOBA so thats a decent bet

He's 11th in avg exit velocity, and 6th in % of times his velocity is 95MPH+.

Last night he hit a ball so hard it nearly went through the green monster. It may have been a HR in other parks, and it was never more than like 20 feet off the ground.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 12, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Choosing to keep Porcello maaaaaaaaay have been a poor decision... :sigh:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Porcello is the same guy he always is . Slightly higher walks but nothing major.

He was really drat good in the 2nd half of last year. I thought there was a chance he had developed into an actual stud. I didn't actually think he did (hence my hesitation in keeping him), but I thought there was a chance.

He was the 10th out of 10 I chose. The others in the running were Matz (who is always hurt) and Duvall. I really wish I'd kept Duvall.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

3 blowups in a row for Marco Estrada

So Estrada sucked, I wonder how Wheeler di- :yikes:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think it was an AND trade, which makes it even worse. If your team is done, I certainly wouldn't trade a young decent pitcher for a guy on the wrong side of 40.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

I have like 13 rosterable hitters on my team with another 5 or so in free agency. They're all too valuable to drop for competition and not performing well enough to guarantee starts so they take turns hitting dingers on my bench :(

Same. With Pollock nearing a return, I have too many hitters for not enough spots. 3 OF and 2 UTIL, and Cruz, Bellinger, and Pollock are the OF. M. Reynolds is a given for one of the UTIL, then it's a toss-up of Gallo, CarGo, and Bautista for the last UTIL. And I also have both Tom Murphy and Alex Avila. Can't decide if I can afford to jettison either one at this point. Avila has been monstrous this year, but Murphy in Coors...

I'm honestly back to my earlier position of potentially dropping CarGo or Bautista. We're nearly 3 months into the season and they've both been awful (particularly CarGo. Even his advanced metrics are worrisome, low BABIP aside.) I need to drop someone for Pollock (for the 10-15 games before Pollock inevitably injures himself again, anyway.)

My pitching has been mediocre at best, so I really need an open spot or two to stream.

It's a conundrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
April was before he was OPSing nearly 1.000 for 3 months.

Granderson is garbage, and they brought Cespedes back before he was even 100% healthy.

Above all, this guy's team is not good at all. It's totally baffling why he would just straight drop him. (He offered him to me in a trade for Abreu earlier this year which I strongly considered.)

He's rostering Wilson Ramos when he already has Gary Sanchez, for instance. :iiam:

• Locked thread