Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone is really high on Trea Turner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cano late 3rd round oh wow.

This is a very interesting draft year, so many high upside late ranks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Death to all pitchers

Yup. I actually targeted them last season and hovered around .500. It was sad as gently caress, I hate them all.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone know when ESPN's leagues are coming back on?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doltos posted:

Honestly last year's pitching was ridiculous. Pitchers would go out and have a decent sub 3 era game then get absolutely demolished the next game. My H2H team died in the playoffs with a legit 9 era for the week despite my ridiculous bats, and my roto team was complete trash because I didn't know who was going to gently caress me that day. It felt like every week was set off on a sour note because a Monday night pitcher on my team would get shellacked.

It was. I had a run where Kenta Maeda was my best starter. gently caress pitching.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

I'm watching a Facebook live with Tristan Cockcroft right now and he said next week

Okay good because I gotta send another round of emails out before bumping people from HGH and Centaur Paintings.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I run a league in which I put everyone's rosters into MLB The Show and then simulate the season 10,000 times.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

ESPN is open for business

:woop: time for activating and photoshopping A-Rod.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Gave: Eduardo Nunez, Chris Archer
Got: Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Fulmer

Hot drat that's a good return for you.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Why is fantasybaseballalerts sending emails about guys being benched for spring training games? :psyduck:

Look at this guy who doesn't play Spring Training Fantasy Baseball.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
If anyone is looking for a league HGH and Centaur Paintings has 2 teams available.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH and Centaur Paintings has one opening left. We're SAS's most popular A-Rod Cult of Personality-based league.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought our league was full but the last guy hasn't responded, so now we've become a charity case. The draft is this Sunday at 7pm EST and we still have an opening.

Please, won't you consider making a small contribution? For the price of a cup of coffee, you can get daily reminders of this fantasy team disappointing you.

Join HGH and Centaur Paintings today!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey does anyone know why ESPN wouldn't let me draft at a particular time? I want 8PM and it only gives me the option for 7:45 and 8:15.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Maybe it's "full " at that exact time. Used to have that problem with fantasy football drafts on yahoo back in the day. If you waited to long to schedule your draft, you'd get stuck with only morning or afternoon slots.

Oh jeeze I never considered that. I thought Sunday nights would not be so busy, but then again every draft I've had has been Sunday now that I think of it.

Need to find some weirdos who are down with Wednesday 5:30am drafts.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brandon Belt is never healthy and it drives me bonkers because he's legitimately good.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Christ I just realized that on one of my teams I have mostly Giants and Rockies.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Bench the Giants guys at home, and the Rockies on the road, and win your league :v:

What happens when the Rockies are at San Francisco?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Is Matt Cain pitching? He's a mobile Coors Field

Remember when he and Tim Lincecum were absolutely filthy and they had this young upstart named Madison Bumgarner filling out the back of the rotation?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

So it looks like Julio Urias will not make the opening day roster which is good I guess because it means he may be pitching in the fantasy playoffs?

Makes me feel better about not targeting him even in the late rounds this year.

:qq: I took him late and feel bad now. I didn't think the Dodgers rotation is healthy enough to keep him down long much, though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look if Future Ace Robbie Ray was an ace then he'd already have done it for Detroit and everyone would be signing the praises of Dave Dombrowski (remember that Best Utility Man in Baseball Steve Lombardozzi was also included in that deal).

Instead he is Failed Tigers Pitcher Robbie Ray and that's a curse you just don't wash away so easily, especially not pitching at Chase Field.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:lol: The season is an hour old and my pitchers have already thrown this week for me. Fantasy Baseball is back!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jose Quintana oh dear.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
0/10? Gary Sanchez sucks, drop him now.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Byron Buxton k'ing a ton this early is giving me flashbacks to Carlos Gomez last year.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat it I wanted to play Puig over Buxton and changed my lineup at the last second :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

I swear im not posting anymore about Buxton after this but my god is he trash at the plate right now. I hope the kid gets better irl outside of fantasy.

Trying way too hard, also shouldn't be batting third. :wtf: Molitor

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

Batting 7th today. It's also worth remembering he tore it up in Sept/Oct last year and in ST this year so it wasn't exactly the most unreasonable thing to hope he had flipped the switch.

Yeah I'm not dropping him, I think he's good and is just a young player scuffling.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

did gary sanchez just die?

According to twitter it was "right biceps strain" so I hope not.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy gently caress Luke Gregerson just ruined my ERA/WHIP.

drat you, Holds :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will win two of my leagues if Yelich hits a dinger. Please hit a dinger, Yelich :ohdear:

Edit: YOU let me down, Yelich :argh:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 10, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having Posey and Gary Sanchez as your teams' catchers is a real kick in the groin this first week of the season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

So Bregman and Bautista both got dropped, and I have the number 1 waiver. leaning towards Bautista, yeah?

Who is dropping Bregman and Bautista this early in the season? :psyduck:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo what happened to Verlander today?

Also when am I allowed to start getting really worried about Quintana?

The Indians light him up.

And I'm worrying.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I got smoked in every league this week.

I suppose at least it's different this year. In all 3 I drafted for hitters, and in all 3 I had really good pitching and my hitters utterly poo poo the bed.

gently caress... hitting?

Lots of good hitters are slumping like crazy right now. Can't expect them to all suck going forward, or maybe Thames and Andrus are the only good hitters left in baseball :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Buster Posey coming off the DL tonight?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jabro posted:

This morning it was reported he is.

He was just taken off the DL. Nice :thumbsup:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why add Meadows when you can hop aboard the Avisail Garcia bandwagon? :derp:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'm playing the guy that picked up Thames after I dropped him. In 3 days he's already put up 6/1/1/0/.545/1.734 against me.

:razz:

My brother dropped Thames and Andrus before the season started :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Buxton for Bautista straight up, who wins?

:cry: I wish they were both at least decent.

• Locked thread