Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm in 3rd in my 12-teamer H2H and I think I can make a run at this, although losing Stras and Kersh doesn't help.

The guy in dead last, 3-11-1, has both Lindor and Machado. My biggest need is SS, where I'm currently running DeJong or Baez. I'm just not sure if I can swing a trade that won't screw me or just get veto'd.

Anybody got any advice for navigating these rapids?

My roster:

His roster:

EDIT: Oh poo poo my brother is in 9th and has Segura, maybe time to work him over.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Felter Chesthard posted:

You have too many catchers.

I'm aware, but it's actually worked out pretty well so far.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Boosh! posted:

Rest of the year: Peacock or Quintana?

We count quality starts for what it's worth (W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, BSV).

I say Quintana, because...

The Pussy Boss posted:

As someone who owns Brad Peacock in 3 leagues and Mike Fiers in one, I'd really like to know how the Astros rotation will shake out when Keuchel comes off the DL tomorrow.

Quintana is 100% locked into his rotation spot barring injury. Houston's rotation is way more up in the air, especially if they're as heavily into trade talks as the rumors say.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

COL v. WAS just got PPD'ed so adjust your rosters before they lock.

Thank you for this.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It would be great if the Braves could trade Johnson so that Arodys can take over as closer.

Also if Preller could overplay his hand and end up keeping Hand, that would also be great. Or if whoever gets him keeps him at closer...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gray to the Yankees, shouldn't change much for him fantasy-wise, right? Obviously home park gets smaller, but he's a GB-heavy pitcher.

Kintzler to the Nats, which also shouldn't change much because I assume they brought him in to close?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 31, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

no way does kintzler close over doolittle or madson. they're both massively better

But Kintzler is a Proven Closer™

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

lol

The Yankees made three errors in Gray's first inning.

No ER though!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

I was an hour too late.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Someone dropped Wilson Contreras in the goon league a month back and I've been very very happy ever since

That was me. :mad:

EDIT: Impatience has seriously hosed me in 2 leagues this year.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 7, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also my decision to start Manaea against the punchless Angels instead of Stroman against the killer Astros...did not work out well.

Abel Wingnut posted:

yo, don't drop super talented guys. ever. no matter how bad they're doing. they can easily put it together and go insane.

like right now, don't drop xander or berrios or schwarber or buxton or any number of guys.

Yeah, but I thought Lucroy was the super-talented C on my roster :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is it just straight "Mark as keeper, keep" or what? Because if there's no cost, the case may be made for Villar?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

You mean Jonathan Villar? I remember him, does he still play baseball?

Kind of.

It seems like Sogard's magic has worn off and he's out of options though, so maybe he gets his starting role back next year and picks it back up? Like I said, I would only consider it if there's no cost and you can't come up with a good name for the last spot or something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gobias Ind. posted:

Michael Brantley, why must you be made of glass? :sigh:

Same but Matt Kemp instead.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
C is weird because I feel like if you got really lucky/psychic, you could have streamed a competent catcher all year. Guys like Beef and Flowers had really good stretches at certain points.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Isn't Pedroia nursing a serious leg injury?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Stanton went 35th overall, in the 3rd round. With my 3rd round pick, 29th overall I took...

Jonathan Villar.

:smith:

(I did turn Villar, Myers, and K Davis into Springer, C Taylor, and Kershaw though, so I guess I can't be too upset at the end of the day.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

This is why I hate baseball stats so much. The guys barely hitting above the Mendoza line but his OPS are better than a lot of people because of the crushed dingers.

Gallo's usefulness depends so much on league scoring, but if he works, he fuckin' works. I wish I had picked him up in the goon league, where it's OBP/SLG.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

Someone figure out what percentage of players have spent time on the DL this year vs. this point last year.

There was a 50% increase as of mid-May, we should bug Eno to run the numbers again after the season ends.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Capsule tear means Conforto is done for the season, right? It's not something he could play through, even if they let him?

It's the Mets, they'll make him.

(For real, yeah, this is most likely a season ender.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Wow, that's something. Who are you going to keep?

I vote for the first four.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

Yep. I just have to decide if I want to try to package some up and make a trade to upgrade Sanchez or Bellinger. But a lot of the good keepers are on teams like mine with 4+ good keepers so the only real targets are Arenado, Betts, & Altuve. Altuve would be an upgrade but he's turning 28 and he cost $20 more so I have to think about it.

Unless you can get Posey, I would argue that you're not really going to upgrade at C over Sanchez.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think I'll be keeping Didi over Xander next season, which is great because I absolutely hate having Red Sox on my team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

Yeah I mean in the off season. I'd like to do something like Sanchez, Gallo & Buxton for Trout. But the guy who has Trout has 3 other really good keepers so he won't want to do that.

Oh oh oh, for some reason I thought you meant an upgrade at the same position.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

what are fantasy baseball sites going to do with otani next season? create two otanis, one a hitter, the other a pitcher?

Didn't they have to figure it out for a couple of guys this year? Or did they just punt on Bethancourt?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hell yes, won this week and made it into the playoffs with the 5 seed in my biggest money league. Now to make an early exit...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Do you guys lock the eliminated teams once playoffs start? That's what I do in football. I've never commissioned a baseball league before.

Redraft, yes. And if somebody clearly tries to play kingmaker, use your commish powers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

I've practically freefallen from first place over the last half of the season in the goon league and am now fighting for the last playoff spot but am losing to a guy who hasn't touched his team in months and has already hit 4 HRs tonight

If I had drafted even like, 2 decent relief pitchers in the Goon League, I would probably be doing OK.

Also dropping Judge. That wasn't smart.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

astonished-stare-dot-gif

It was way early on, but yeah.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Boosh! posted:

Why do I keep playing Osuna

The team I have him on is hosed this year anyway, so tonight I'm just really mad at him for real baseball reasons.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was feeling a lot of trepidation about Manaea today but :toot:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

I say he winds up on an AL team as just a pitcher, disappointing everyone

He's not gonna sign with a team who won't let him hit, I'm pretty sure he's outright said that. And the IFA restrictions mean you can't just offer him another 20 mil to get over it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Of course once I get eliminated from the finals my teams go apeshit and start playing out of their minds.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am gonna totally overvalue Didi next year and I don't care at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The ESPN app keeps giving me roster alerts about a team whose season is entirely over and I can't even adjust anymore.

Thanks, ESPN.

• Locked thread