Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
H2H is for autists, because you have to follow it closer and make a lot more moves. Roto is for people with lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

they'll just sprinkle some stem cells on it and he'll be fine

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Panik is listed at $0 on Yahoo. You can just draft him if you want him, you don't have to spend $5 and waste a keeper spot. He might go undrafted. Same with Pineda, he's listed at $1.

quote:

and after the draft it's hard to find decent pitching on the wire.

this is 100% not true. Starting pitching is the easiest position to fill.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 6, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

spanky69 posted:

Need some keeper advice here. Narrowed it down to the following players to keep (Max of 2 keepers per team). 10 team Yahoo league, snake draft, Rotisserie scoring (R/H/HR/RBI/SB/BB/AVG/OPS for hitting and W/CG/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS plus K/BB for Pitching).

4th Round - 2B Rougned Odor
7th Round - 3B Anthony Rendon
9th Round - OF Christian Yelich
10th Round - 1B/OF Wil Myers
10th Round - 3B/SS Eduardo Nunez
10th Round - P Steven Wright (CG Category)
14th Round - OF Stephen Piscotty
19th Round - 3B Nick Castellanos

Who could you keep for rounds 1-3? because those are not good keepers.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Pointless hypothetical question. If Jean Segura repeats his 2016 year in 2017, where does he get ranked in 2018?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Only the greatest player of the last 10 years :3: :3: :3: :chanpop:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Pro tip for auction keeper leagues... Something I do is I look at the handful of top guys available (since all the top guys are kept) and decide my absolute top price for them. Then I create a handful of rosters in a spreadsheet for various combinations of those guys I could end up with. Like say the top guys available and my max prices are:

Votto $45
Bumgarner $40
Braun $30
Encarnacion $25

Then I'll create a lineup with my keepers and Votto at $45 and Encarnacion at $25, then I can see how much I can spend in other areas. And maybe it will tell me if I spend that much on Votto and Enc then I'll have to go cheap on a catcher and won't be able to afford a top closer. Then I do the same thing with just getting Braun & Encarnacion. And maybe that will tell me I can then afford to spend on catcher and also an extra 2nd tier SP. And maybe I'll try a scenario with like Votto/Bumgarner/Braun and realize it won't work because I have to skimp too much in too many areas so I'll know not to do that. I've done that the past couple drafts and it really helps you to make decisions during the draft.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 15, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Hyun-jin Ryu is looking pretty good if he's available

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

Hyun-jin Ryu is looking pretty good if he's available

Michael Wacha is also looking good.

This thread is dead this year.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I would keep yelich over maeda or verlander

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Bedrosian is really good and should start as closer but Street should be closer when he gets healthy which might be pretty soon. I would add him though.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

My league has an NA spot and you also can keep an NA player season to season and I am excited to announce that I've drafted Vladimir Guerrero Junya

He's 18. You don't want him in your NA slot for 4 years.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

i've noticed some players have been getting added to the DL sooner which is nice. Smyly just got added.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

E4C85D38 posted:

So I kind of want to try this stuff and have no idea what I'm doing, but I've obviously missed the beginning of the season. Is the strategy here just to join any random ESPN league and hope for the best?

I would sign up for a Yahoo pro league for $20. If you join a free league of random people half the people will probably stop playing after a week.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

why the hell does Jean Segura have to play "several rehab" games after missing 1 freaking week.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

i'm just glad it finished so Bautista couldn't get anymore strikeouts

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Nats go to Colorado tomorrow and I have Harper, Zimmerman and Wieters :awesome:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

My Yahoo team page says it's 7-4 and my matchup page says it's 8-3. Need to decide whether to bench people for tonight's game and I can't even figure out what the score is.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I looked at the Yahoo matchup ratings for the first time this year because I had to decide between starting Bellinger and Ellsbury and it was blank for Bellinger and for Ellsbury it said it was a 5 star matchup because he's been hot lately. Except he sucks against lefties and he's facing Chris Sale. And of course he went 0 for 3 with 2 strikeouts.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Bellinger hit 2 dingers and he should have OF eligibility tomorrow on Yahoo.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

The Nats go to Colorado tomorrow and I have Harper, Zimmerman and Wieters :awesome:

10 home runs this week :smugdog:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

quarterly reminder that every manager says they're going to a committee but never actually do and it's just a way to ease the closer they want in and remove him without drama if he sucks.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I got Bellinger, Gallo and Zimmerman off waivers. My offense is awesome. I went into the season with Byung Ho Park as my starting 1B since I missed out on the top tier guys and figured it would be better to get someone off waivers than overpay for mid tier guys like Abreu/Agonz/Pujols. so far it's worked out pretty well.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Doghouse posted:

Why was Chris Carter on waivers most (all?) of last year, but Gallo is considered must own this year?

3b > 1b. And Gallo is young so he might improve. Plus I'm in an OBP league where Gallo is ranked 28 so far. He's probably not so great in an AVG league.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Logan Forsythe should be back soonish if you're desperate for a 2B.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I like what I've seen from Zack Wheeler. I think he sticks in the rotation all year. Own him in 3 of 4 leagues.

um, all year? You realize he pitches for the Mets? He'll probably tear his rotator cuff making toast.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

jebus bless Rich Hill's fingers tonight

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I really wish yahoo was more consistent with prospects.

Also clearly this will be the year Stanton stays healthy.

There's a league setting where players don't become available until they're called up to the majors

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I have Maeda and Rich Hill and Ryu it's annoying that they go on the DL so much, but if they're just missing one start it's almost like they're not even on it. Like if a guy pitches on Monday then goes on the DL and starts again next Friday, it's not really hurting you that much.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

in the pitching sucks department, of the 25 top SPs from preseason ranks, only 6 of them are ranked in the top 130 players in my league currently

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Devon Travis has been hitting a ton of doubles. 10 in the last 10 games.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I hope everyone didn't drop Bautista :q:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

I drafted Rich Hill and Walker and now I'm mad about blisters

:same:

Also mad about shoulder soreness, rotator cuff inflamation, groin strains, sore hamstrings, strained hamstrings, elbow fluid buildup and ball cancer.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Well Rich Hill is one of my 3 healthy SPs right now so there.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Joe Ross is starting tomorrow

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Bedrosian will probably be back in like 2 weeks so Norris is droppable-ish.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Shohei Otani and someone else?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Gallo is playing 1B today with Beltre back.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Dodgers had 19 wins in May and Kenley had 1 save :3:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

rip jean segura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I didn't see it, but from reading the twitters he rolled his ankle pretty bad and it seems like 1 month minimum

• Locked thread