Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Here's an early mock draft to chew on. From Rotoballer (not familiar with this site tbh. Also, keep in mind it's a snake draft. i.e. Blackmon went 2.1, not 2.12):

And here's ADP from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship: http://hosted.stats.com/mlb/adp.asp?pos=all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hot take: I'd draft Kershaw at 1.1 in standard leagues. Borderline game-breaking talent and I would be loving thrilled if he dropped to me in the late first round.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Schwarber has catcher eligibility??????? I'm not in any Yahoo leagues this year but that's HUGE

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm down for a goon league or two.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ESPN is open for business

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rotoworld posted:

Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.

The diagnosis doesn't appear to be any worse here, as we already knew Kipnis was nursing soreness in his rotator cuff. The 4-5 week timeline does give us a bit more clarity, though, and in all likelihood it appears Kipnis will at least miss all of April. The Indians are considering moving Jose Ramirez to second base and using Giovanny Urshela and/or Richie Shaffer at third. They could also simply install Michael Martinez and/or Erik Gonzalez at second base.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

First draft of the year and it went... OK. This is the HGH goon league. Its a holds league which is why I drafted my main man Betances so high.

We keep three. Kershaw and Bryant were no brainers but choosing between CSeager, Thor, and Villar was really tough. And of course I rolled the 9th pick and Villar and Syndergaard were gone before I could get either one. Ugh.

I hadn't realized how shallow OF is, the top guys went quick. Ended up with Bryant/Mazara/Tomas/Peraza/Keon Broxton and Bryant's the only one I really trust.

And I guess I'm all in on Gary Sanchez.

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 27, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I know this is super last minute, but is anyone interested in a $20 goon league that would draft Saturday evening? Im thinking redraft, snake, standard ESPN settings, but I'm open to suggestions. It'd be ESPN as I don't like Yahoo.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bench the Giants guys at home, and the Rockies on the road, and win your league :v:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

One last try - any interest in a new redraft league, ESPN, standard settings, $20, drafting Saturday?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So I timed out and autopicked Verlander. I wasn't targeting him at all, but I don't hate the pick based on who else was available. Do ya'll trust JV this year? Is he an ace workhorse like he used to be?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

resident posted:

What time? I've got an online draft with friends from 12~4 PST and could jump in if it overlaps.

Well, I'm free all day Saturday. But we still need 8 more players so probably not happening.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What's the difference between Pro Leagues and Private Cash leagues on Yahoo?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Annual reminder to not flip out over the first few days of the season

Telling myself this right now since I own Tanaka in a couple leauges

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Lol I did a last minute Yahoo pro league on Saturday night, and since draft technically ended on Opening Day, the league doesn't start until Week 2. Was wondering why all the matchups were 0-0.

ESPN needs to add money leagues next year so I don;t have to put up with Yahoo's poo poo.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

resident posted:

My league's post draft waivers cleared today. I find it amusing that someone used all $100 of their waiver claim money on Jason Grilli.

lmao

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

aaaaa someone in one of my pro leagues dropped Pollock and Beltre

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

just got mookie for seager :cool:

You obviously won this trade, but I don't think you fleeced the other guy that bad. I expect .300 and 30 bombs from Corey Seager this year, and that's being conservative, I think he's got more power than that. Maybe not in 2017, he's still so young, but soon.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

In leagues that count saves and holds, I like to draft one or two elite non-closers (Betances, Miller, Neris, Brach, maybe BearClaw), let everyone else draft the big name closers and get mine from the bargain bin (Treinen and Bedrosian are on most of my teams this year). I've noticed in holds leagues that lots of people ignore the category in the draft, and then only roster one setup guy, or punt the category entirely.

So, how many holds guys do the other teams have? If they mostly have 0 or 1, then you don't need 3 or 4.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh hey, Sam Dyson melted down spectacularly, again

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Benintendi was dropped in a league I'm in

I mean, he's a top prospect in a great lineup, but then again he's projected for 10 HR and 10 SB. Maybe that's the projection systems being conservative, IDK, is he supposed to have more power and speed than that?

I was a little surprised how early Benintendi went in my drafts.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wow, Darvish owned the Angels today. Hell yeah.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Relax guys, I dropped Healy to stream a pitcher, so he's guaranteed to hit 1000000 dingers starting tonight.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Peraza just stole his 6th bag which I think leads the league, despite a .269 OBP. Billy Hamilton 2.0?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hector Neris might be the closer in Philly now.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Start Tyler Glasnow against the Yankees? And do you like him this season? I saw his start vs. the Cubs and, yes he is wild, but so much movement on some pitches, looked like he was throwing a wiffle ball or something.

It's tough because I don't trust Glasnow but I don't want to cut him in a 12-teamer, where there's no one with his potential on the wire.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah, wtf is wrong with Maeda?

And add Hendricks to that list too.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Amir no I thought we were cool

Moneyball posted:

Stream against the Royals.

That is all.

Blue Jays, too.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Haniger nooooooo

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bud Norris? Really?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gary Sanchez should be back in about a week. :hellyeah:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I streamed CC against the Blue Jays.

I chose... poorly

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

People on ESPN and Yahoo are adding Matt Cain for his start at Great American Launching Pad. Madness.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Brach, if for some reason he's not owned in your league.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Glad to see Mark Reynolds is still playing with Desmond off the DL. Desmond's been back 6 games but started 4 of those in the OF, and only 2 at first base. Reynolds was a huge WW pickup for me since the only 1B I drafted in that league was...Greg Bird :ughh:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

http://nypost.com/2017/05/06/amed-rosario-era-could-begin-as-asdrubal-cabrera-goes-down/

Mets might call up Amed Rosario if Cabrera's injury is serious

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Some rough matchups for my pitchers this week: Hendricks @ COL, Kershaw @ COL, Verlander @ ARI. All in multiple leagues. Hendricks is an easy call, he'll be on my bench, but I think I gotta start Kersh and JV and prepare for pain...

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Four straight games with a dinger for Mark Reynolds. Playing almost every day. Who says he can't stick all year as the everyday first baseman?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Sat Kyle Hendricks in 3 leagues because of Coors and he pitched real well, tho he took the L. Who even knows anymore with pitchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Grab Addison Reed before someone else does

• Locked thread