Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I didn't see this on the OP, but @closernews is a great twitter follow, and is a good idea for mobile notifications if you want to build your RP through the waiver wire.

Last season I punted closers in the draft in my money league, and still finished second in the category (12-team league, weekly rosters) by pouncing on closer changes. Won the league because of that.

Also https://www.closermonkey.com is a great site for depth charts and vulture saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Murmur Twin posted:

I first-picked Trout and got Mookie second pick last year, traded David Peralta for Trevor Story the day before play started, crushed the league all season, and then lost in the semifinals. I had successfully repressed that memory for a few months until finding this thread :eng99:

Yeah, looking at my 15-team dynasty league team just now filled me with sadness. Tore through the league and then at the end of the year, Gerrit Cole, Arrieta, Pomeranz and Strasburg all died. I ended up with the most motley crew of championship week starters ever and lost by 100 points.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
Head to head is SO MUCH BETTER, but for the record I do play in one roto money league and I actually loving won that one last year (despite Jose Fernandez loving DYING) so maybe I should just stick to that.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Another trade in a different league:

Gave:

Gregory Polanco
Brandon Maurer
Stephen Vogt

Got:

Wil Myers
Willson Contreras

this trade is good because you equalized the weird Ls

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
lol man I REALLY wanted Buxton this year and I got him in 0 leagues and am I ever thankful for that

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
My offense went 17/27 last night and scored 12 runs. That's pretty much all I got, they did real good.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
17 dongs here too, it is nice

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
I play in a fantasy league with a bunch of old guys (seriously 50s-70s) and it's so fun. They've been doing the league for more than two decades (they had to literally phone in transactions and each monday the weekly results went out in snail mail. The draft is always fun because it's just old dudes talking poo poo to each other.

Anyway, I won the league last year but Jose Fernandez loving died so that sucked.

This year I'm in first again, except 3/5ths (we start five SP, rosters lock weekly) of my rotation (Thor, Kluber, Paxton) are down for the count.

I'm trying to decide what's worse. I mean at least they're all still alive?

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
I'm so annoyed by this sudden rash of injuries. My dumb league locks weekly and we use 5 SPs with only five bench spots and no DL. I have thor/paxton/kluber all on the DL and undroppable and Im about to have Pollock as well. My roster is borderline unmanageable and I'm still clinging onto first place.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Murmur Twin posted:

I gotta say that my Cody Bellinger and Michael Conforto pickups have made drafting Trumbo/JBJ a lot more tolerable.

On the other hand, almost every pitcher I drafted has hit the DL and my current pitching staff sucks. I'm trying to trade for an ace but no one wants to part with their good pitchers because everyone else seems to be going through the same thing. Does anyone have any good buy-lows I should be looking to target?

Yeah Conforto, Castro and (to a lesser extent) Broxton have all been godsends for my offense this year.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

Haha. Thank you to the dumdum in my roto league who dropped Jose Quintana three weeks into the season. And thank you to every other person in that league who was paying even less attention than me and let him pass through waivers and sit there for a few days before I realized he was there and picked him up.

No kidding. I play in a league that locks rosters weekly and starts 5 SP a week. The bench is only 5 deep and there's no DL. With Thor, Paxton, and Kluber on the DL and undroppable, my roster is a mess. Thankfully I grabbed Quintana a month ago when he got dropped because there is loving nothing on the ww right now.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
In my dynasty league we draft amateurs after the June amateur draft. It has the effect of half the league turning into buyers and everyone else either giving up for the year or actively tanking in order to improve their draft stock. The guy I'm playing this week traded for a handful of amateur picks in the offseason thinking he would control the top end of the draft.

Instead, if I lose to him this week, I will likely end up with picks 1 and 2, ending up with the two guys he has a raging hard on for.

It's a point league, so as soon as he took the lead against me this week, I told him I would do whatever it took to make sure I didn't rise above him. Now he's sending me a buttload of angry messages after realizing he's screwed himself.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
God help me, I picked up Tanaka for this week

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Conforto scratched with back stiffness.

I assume he'll be dead within 72 hours.

lol if you think he wasn't already dead last night and just managed to stand and move using a complex pulley system

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

IMB posted:

God help me, I picked up Tanaka for this week

i immediately regret this decision

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
Tanaka rallying, nice. I always believed in him.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Anyone here play in an AL or NL only league on Yahoo?

I could swear that in the past if guys were traded to the other league at the deadline, you could continue to roster them and count their stats. But it's never actually happened to one of my players so I can't be 100% sure.

But now I own JD Martinez and just noticed that his stats from last night show up on my team page, but were excluded from the overnight update. Am I just screwed? Because fuuuuuuuuck that. :(

Why wouldn't he just disappear from the player list? Why would Yahoo let you keep rostering guys whose points won't count?

I got a no-hitter in an NL only league a couple years back (Mike Fiers?) That i realized three days later didn't count because he'd been traded without my realizing it.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

kensei posted:

I was going to ask if it was Moore but he went TB to SF IIRC

Haha I just looked it up. It was Fiers. Complicating things was he'd been traded to the Astros, who in my ape brain, are still in the NL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
My stupid roto league plays all the way through this lovely week (with rosters that lock on monday morning) and I just remembered how mad I got the other day when some team with no hope of getting in the money picked up Blake Snell for his two starts this week. Then he throws 1 inning and gives up four runs. Life is good.

• Locked thread