Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I followed Grey's pitching rankings and imploded. I don't blame him though, last year's pitching was unbelievably random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hot take: I'd draft Kershaw at 1.1 in standard leagues. Borderline game-breaking talent and I would be loving thrilled if he dropped to me in the late first round.

Nooooooooooo

I got Hendricks super late in my draft and he ended up being the best pitcher last year. Three years ago I went super pitcher heavy, which was nice, but having dead bats is the most frustrating experience, even moreso than dead pitching.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is Yahoo not doing pro leagues for baseball this year or did they not put them up yet?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Teemu Pokemon posted:

How to play fantasy baseball:

1) bats
2) bats
3) dingers
4) bats bats bats
5) baaaaattttsssss

Totally wrong

1) dingers
2) dingers
3) dingerssssss
4) people who hit home runs
5) draft mookie betts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still think going after Schwarber for your catcher position is hurting your value. Schwarbers going in the 4th/5th in most drafts this year probably and Grey from razzball has him projected as a 81/26/90 guy with a bad average. I'd much rather wait a bit until the 9th or 10th round to go after Lucroy or Posey and just lose out on a handful of dingers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is Xander really not getting that much hype this year? I see him going in the third in yahoo and I thought I'd have to spend an early 2nd on him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Well, he's got 5 other shortstops ahead of him: Machado, Seager, Turner, Correa, Lindor.

That being said, some idiot in the league I drafted already took him in the first round.

I think he's going to be better than Seager the Younger this year because Corey's BABIP was way too high for me to trust him again. I just wish Xander could hit more HRs but I guess that's why I'm targeting Story this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd rather do a 20 dollar goon league than a 20 dollar yahoo H2H if any of you are down fo rthat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd prefer a pretty straight forward 20 dollar H2H league. I'm not smart enough at baseball to have random rear end categories.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MinibarMatchman posted:

can't believe I had Mookie, Donaldson, Kinsler, and Rizzo on the same loving team last year and still got 3rd place. I'm never going to have a better goddamn batting lineup than that.

My first three picks were Harper - Marte - Betts. If Harper had the year he was supposed to have :argh:

Also Older Seager - Younger Seager - Trea Turner - Hosmer - Wilson Contreras as my infield. My pitching was supposed to be super top tier secret guys from Grey's list and they all took turns melting down for 7+ runs a game. I also traded Kyle Hendricks away for Zach Grienke D:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

What's your auction strategy? Go 95% hitting and $1 pitchers? Corner the market on a stat? Go all in on a few high dollar players, filling out the rest with cheap guys? Or cobble something together like I did.

C: Yadi Molina
1B: Edwin Encarnacion
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Ryon Healy
SS: Carlos Correa
OF: Nelson Cruz, Melky Cabrera, Ender Inciarte
UT: Carlos Santana, Victor Martinez
BN: Rajai Davis

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Michael Pineda, Jon Gray, Jharel Cotton
RP: Rasiel Iglesias, Brandon Maurer, Andrew Miller, Shawn Kelley, Addison Reed, Neftali Feliz, Kyle Barraclough

Some dude kept stealing my cheap hitters as bench guys when I didn't even have my starters filled.
It's a little top-heavy.

drat that's a really nice team, you're probably selling one of your pitchers midway through the season for a bat tho

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly last year's pitching was ridiculous. Pitchers would go out and have a decent sub 3 era game then get absolutely demolished the next game. My H2H team died in the playoffs with a legit 9 era for the week despite my ridiculous bats, and my roto team was complete trash because I didn't know who was going to gently caress me that day. It felt like every week was set off on a sour note because a Monday night pitcher on my team would get shellacked.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone tell me to stop way overthinking things and to keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

it's that same 10-team league

I'm considering taking Mookie second overall this year if I get a chance so yeah, second round.

Also more people sign up for the goon h2h league

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doghouse posted:

i would join a goon league but cbs and yahoo aren't letting missouri residents play pro leagues this year :qq:

yahoo says they are working with the state to figure something out by march, when the permanent law kicks in (it's been some kind of temporary law) but who knows. What am I going to do :qq:

Literally just sign up and pay outside of the league. We'll probably just paypal everyone the 20 bucks at the end of the season anyway. This is your opportunity to skate around dumb gambling laws.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Real.... yeah, not my best team, probably my worst.

Aaaaaand my buddy talked me into yet another league which just drafted.

12 team h2h 5x5

C: Wilson Contreras
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Jonathan Villar
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Trevor Story
OF: Andrew McCutchen
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
OF: Stephen Piscotty
UTIL: Alex Bregman
UTIL: Eduardo Nunez
BN: Dustin Pedroia
BN: Hunter Renfroe

SP: Chris Archer, Zack Greinke, Aaron Sanchez, Adam Wainwright, James Paxton, Drew Smyly, Ivan Nova
RP: Sam Dyson, Brandon Maurer, Cam Bedrosian, Neftali Feliz

Closers went super early so mine aren't great.

How do you pay attention to 4 leagues at once, and I'm suspecting you're going to be in 4 more before spring training even starts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rotos also easier to give up on and is better for dynasty trades

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Speaking of autists come join the 20 dollar goon h2h league we got like 7 spots left

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ChiTownEddie posted:

jesus christ who are in your leagues?

I feel like he's joined 4 yahoo public leagues with no money riding on it and no one else cares when they see trade offers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Last year was loving bullshit picking starters off the waiver wire. I looked at Danny Duffy and Pomeranz and was like naaah and low and behold

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

In a must keep 3 players situation, I have Altuve, Lindor, Springer, and Miguel Cabrera. This is the time when I begrudgingly send Cabrera out to pasture, right?

This is a goon league so no sabotage replies please. :)

That's really loving tough. I'd say kick Lindor but since it's a keeper league...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Twin Cinema posted:

This draft was largely a failure in my eyes.

If I could land your team in the $20 league we're doing I'd be really happy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My team from the grand 20 dollar goon h2h league. Categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K HLD, ERA, WHIP :

Buck Showalter
1. (11) Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)
2. (14) Carlos Correa (Hou - SS)
3. (35) Trevor Story (Col - SS)
4. (38) Nelson Cruz (Sea - OF)
5. (59) Mark Trumbo (Bal - OF)
6. (62) Ian Kinsler (Det - 2B)
7. (83) Jackie Bradley Jr. (Bos - OF)
8. (86) Carlos Martínez (StL - SP)
9. (107) Danny Salazar (Cle - SP)
10. (110) Rich Hill (LAD - SP)
11. (131) Stephen Piscotty (StL - OF)
12. (134) Rick Porcello (Bos - SP)
13. (155) Jake Lamb (Ari - 3B)
14. (158) Michael Fulmer (Det - SP)
15. (179) A.J. Ramos (Mia - RP)
16. (182) Addison Reed (NYM - RP)
17. (203) Taijuan Walker (Ari - SP)
18. (206) Devon Travis (Tor - 2B)
19. (227) Boone Logan (Cle - RP)
20. (230) Sergio Romo (LAD - RP)
21. (251) Ender Inciarte (Atl - OF)
22. (254) Iván Nova (Pit - SP,RP)
23. (275) Matt Wieters (Was - C)

I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing for holds guys but that was my strategy. Also give me every dinger.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I prefer one mid tier guy on a good team who's a sure fire decent pitcher and then fill my bench with traaaaaash

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Owning Carlos Martinez this year is gonna be awesome. The most important drafting rule in fantasy is always spend your first starter spot on a mid tier spanish pitcher right next to always roster a jewish player for good luck

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Our goon league is saves and holds so I picked up Jeanmar Gomez to pick up saves until he's demoted to pick up holds and feel really clever about it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All I know is my pitching is perfect and there's no possible way it's going to go mind numbingly downhill from here

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Just got this proposed to me last night:

Realmuto is currently my BUC (Posey is my starter), my OF outside of Eaton is:
  • Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

and my SPs are Taillon, Odorizzi, Gsellman, Strasburg, Stroman, and Wacha.

I'm more worried about losing Eaton more than Realmuto since I have Posey, but I feel like the trade doesn't really improve my team much beyond having another mid-rotation SP. I have pretty much no RP so I may counter to see if I can get one of Allen, Treinen or Oh.

(12-tm H2H, scoring is 5x5 + OBP/SLG, QS/L)

Judging by your OF alone you have way too many batters.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How does Neftali Feliz get a save if they were up by 5 runs?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

You obviously won this trade, but I don't think you fleeced the other guy that bad. I expect .300 and 30 bombs from Corey Seager this year, and that's being conservative, I think he's got more power than that. Maybe not in 2017, he's still so young, but soon.

Wasn't Seager's babip through the roof last year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nothing like the first sunday massacre of the season

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I like Broxton a lot and do not care at all for Manea, so sure go for it.

Broxton seems like just a steals guy while Maenea has huge SO potential.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Also the next guys in line behind Oh are Brett Cecil and Jonathan Broxton so, y'know...

What about Rosenthal?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All my guys I drafted for HRs are doing jack poo poo and yet here I am getting two out of Inciarte who only hit 3 last year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

I mean, he's a top prospect in a great lineup, but then again he's projected for 10 HR and 10 SB. Maybe that's the projection systems being conservative, IDK, is he supposed to have more power and speed than that?

I was a little surprised how early Benintendi went in my drafts.

Razzball has him leaning towards 15 hr/20 sb which is still really good considering he's supposed to be a high contact guy. Probably better than a lot of junk out there.

On a side note I wish only Grey did whacky analysis and Razzball had some more solid writers. Everyone besides Grey seems to be Grey fanboys who desperately try to throw puns into every sentence.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Inciarte is leading my team in HRs when I took him as my second to last pick for cheap steals

Doltos fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 15, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I made a mistake only having one league this year and it being a goon league because I can't complain about my team without tipping away how much I value my players.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fantasy Pitching

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have 7 OFers and I want every single one but I cant keep every single one :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm officially in love with Mitch Haniger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MinibarMatchman posted:

my least favorite thing in fantasy baseball is when I'm offered a trade of two for one, I refuse, and then like 2 days later the other guy drops one of the two they were offering me. like, thanks for confirming you were offering garbage you were about to drop anyway? it kind of makes you look lovely.

I'm one of those guys who sends out feeler trades to get the conversation going. It's not an insult it's just a poke to gauge interest before cutting. There's more than a few waiver wire guys I'd rather pick up in a trade than compete with other people to get.

Anyway could explain why no one will respond to any of my trades in the goon league

• Locked thread