Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

N:

7.2 IP, 13 K, 0.00 ERA, 0.65 WHIP

0 W

V:

:laffo: :lol: :laffo: :lol: im not even mad im laughing right nw

Wins are the dumbest stat. I swear from now on I want to only play in leagues with QS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My QS, OBP, Sv/Holds league is my favorite.

OBP is so good that I can never go back to averages. OBP+S is even better.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Niwrad posted:

Tommy Pham feels really underrated in fantasy. He's been a legit 5 category player this year and is owned in only like half the leagues.

Yeah killer ops too if you run that league. He suffers from being on the Cardinals and also having his position tenuously snapped up by the young guys they got that they think can be franchise starters (Grichuk and Piscotty)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeepDickPizza posted:

I drafted Salazar in all three of my leagues, and I held onto him in all three of my leagues.

I couldn't start him today because Yahoo took forever to put Polanco on the DL :argh:

At least my opponent is having the most incredible pitching week I've ever seen so it doesn't matter anyway :shobon:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

Now Yelich is in the top 50 because of his last 3 games.

Fantasy baseball is stupid as gently caress

Legit though it's like nothing matters in this game until September.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fantasy baseball is coming home from a long day of work and checking your roster only to see them go 0/31 with one RBI

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Scruffy the janitor posted:

So I've been offered a trade and I'm garbage at judging trade value in fantasy baseball. I've been offered:
W. Ramos (c)
C. Bellinger (1b, of)
T. Cahill (sp,rp)
For:
W. Contreras (C,Of)
M. Brantley (of)
Y. Darvish (sp)

Am I wrong for thinking this is terrible? Darvish hasn't been very good, but Contreras and Brantley have been. I'm not desperate for homeruns at all. This is a normal Yahoo pro league and I'm in 6th

E: after about 2 minutes of research I have no idea if this is even or not. For reference I have Miguel Cabrera and Logan Morrison and Marwin Gonzalez as possible first baseman, but Marwin currently occupies my ss spot

I wouldn't do it. Darvish will bounce back and Bellinger is hitting way about his peripherals. Safe play says stand pat, especially if Joe Madden stops loving around with poo poo and leaves Contreras as the cleanup.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Behold my graveyard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

My ERA for the day is 162.00.

Did you also start Kirby Yates D:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mentholmoose posted:

Trade question:

R/HR/SB/RBI/OBP/SLG for hitters
W/SV/K/HLD/ERA/WHIP for pitchers

I have Christian Yelich on the trading block, and I've been offered Danny Duffy for him. I can't decide to accept or maybe counter offer Yelich for Carlos Martinez, maybe? I'd like a bit of advice on it first. Thanks!

If it helps I'm not trading you Martinez for Yelich

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

I deserve some props for not only drafting him but hanging on to him through all his bad starts and DL stint

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I am the unluckiest wins pitcher owner in any league history. I can wrack up 100+ innings with sub 2 ERA and 100Ks and have like a win at the end of the week it's insane

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone dropped Wilson Contreras in the goon league a month back and I've been very very happy ever since

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

you want him. his issue was mental/approach, and he said he overcame it in his week-long demotion. if that little hang-up is really over, he can be a crazy good asset.

People say that and every time I watch Broxton bat his stance and approach look like he should be a .200 hitter. I don't know how he cranks some of these homers when he barely gets the bat around on changeups.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

who would you rather have, Broxton, Marte, or Maybin in an OBP league?

Starling Marte? Why wouldn't you want him?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Starling. Broxton intrigues me and Marte isn't having a great year when he has played. Maybe I need to give him a longer leash.

You absolutely 100% keep Marte he's an actual legitimate 5 cat threat while Broxton might become a 5 cat threat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

i think hurdle has marte leading off these days, which depresses his value. hell, i'm not sure i see much daylight between marte and maybin at this point.

i'd take broxton. highest power upside. i also don't believe starling's power is ever going to come. i certainly don't think he has the power upside broxton does. marte will probably steal more, though.

also, starling doesn't walk, so he won't help your obp that much.

Cameron Maybin has like a .700 ops and is getting way more walks than usual in his career. He's waiver wire trash.

Marte's got like 120 at bats so far this season his stats will come along sometime before the season ends. Same with Broxton I bet. I could see him swing for contact more because his most valuable asset is his legs not his 18ish HR power.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

except his discipline has improved, he's hitting in front of the best hitter in the game, his batted ball profile has drastically improved, and he has taken walks before. i see that and think he's eyeing the ball well and setting himself up to succeed.

marte, on the other hand, is a slap-singles hitter at this point who, despite an insane babip and hitting cleanup for a significant part of last season, took a huge step back in power and hasn't shown improvement this season. he's like 200th in average exit velocity. last season's average: 86.3mph. this season: 81.7mph.

Maybin is a limited 30 year old that can be defined as SAGNOF for his counting stats so far. I like his run total for the amount of at bats he has but you can sort of find that on the waiver too. Like I just cut Ian Kinsler and he's having a better season than Maybin so far for 5 cat purposes.

Marte's looking like trash right now, I agree, but I'm saying it's because he had a long break from baseball due to the PED suspension. Dude's seriously got less than half the at bats as Maybin and has a four year track record as a 10/30 guy. He'll turn it around soon.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

I've had guys I stop trying to make offers to in the past because they just leave the offers there and don't cancel. I forget which ones they were now though because I have the memory of a goldfish.

I'm getting better with that. Goons in the goon league have been waiting on my trades all year YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mentholmoose posted:

Yeah that was me.

To be fair I've been so busy with work I barely have time to set my roster some days.

Like today, when I benched Mike Leake by accident and he stunk up the place.

Not just you but the guy who sat on my Cruz/Fulmer for Odor way earlier in the season for a week and a half until I forgot about it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Losing 3-8 to a guy who isn't paying attention to his team and has 4 guys on the DL I hate fantasy baseball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I accidentally tooked Spangenberg over Gallo in a FA add and it was my sixth add of the week :(

On the plus side Rizzo is finally 2b eligible!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

Gallo OPS splits by month:
april .880
may .814
june .749
july .851
august 1.251

They were clearly down on him since they had him platooned and batting 9th for a while but his lows were never all that bad.

This is why I hate baseball stats so much. The guys barely hitting above the Mendoza line but his OPS are better than a lot of people because of the crushed dingers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Twin Cinema posted:

Stanton went 39th overall in my draft, but I also nabbed Villar with the 42nd pick, so I didn't win them all.

I saw him and Springer get snatched up right before me in the third round when I was debating taking both with the third pick in the second round. I took Nelson Cruz then promptly traded him and Michael Fulmer for Rougned Odor and welp

bewbies posted:

I snagged Gallo in my points league and now love him

I accidentally added Corey Spangenberg over him that was my sixth add for the week :suicide:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pandanaut posted:

Great time for all of the players who get you to this point in the year to die.

I can't wait to see who I should have drafted not based off of how they performed this season so far but how they perform from September 11th to October 1st.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If some of you guys are wondering who to start in these upcoming crunch weeks I can give you a list of my opponent's players cus they're guaranteed to each hit 5 god drat dingers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

Hell yes, won this week and made it into the playoffs with the 5 seed in my biggest money league. Now to make an early exit...

I've practically freefallen from first place over the last half of the season in the goon league and am now fighting for the last playoff spot but am losing to a guy who hasn't touched his team in months and has already hit 4 HRs tonight

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rand alPaul posted:

Danny Salazar :negative:

I Hate Fantasy Baseball

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

If some of you guys are wondering who to start in these upcoming crunch weeks I can give you a list of my opponent's players cus they're guaranteed to each hit 5 god drat dingers

loving. Unbelievable.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
With another two dingers out of Perez yesterday my opponent has now hit 11 home runs in 4 days using only 6 players. His slugging is a cool .896 with a .411 obp

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My entire season comes down to how Rich Hill pitches tonight

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Seriously I don't know what to do. Do I bench Hill? The guy I'm up against hasn't touched his team in months but he still has Greg Holland, Craig Kimbrel, Anthony Swarzak, and Pat Neshek in his relief. I just feel like one of them will come in and pitch a blank inning and I'll lose, ILL LOSE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

:suicide:

I was battling for first place right up to the allstar break. This might be my worst fall from grace in any fantasy year ever

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
edit wrong thread, again

Doltos fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly the season should just end the first week of August and have the playoffs be the next three weeks, give or take a week.

• Locked thread