Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, the boston globe did a whole series on how racist the city is not too long ago.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/boston-racism-image-reality/

some people think the city deserves some slack because they don't understand history (lmao)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/news/boston-racist-city-its-time-evolve-narrative

im from a city 30 miles or so from boston, but definitely not a bostonian. a good friend of mine's parents were practically the romeo and juliet of their day because they were an Irish gal from South Boston and an Italian fella from the North End, if my buddy is to be believed.

They got together during the busing period of the 70s when the Pulitzer-winning Soiling Of Old Glory photo was taken by a proto-chud who had a suspended sentence for the attack and went on to murder his sister's boyfriend and fled prosecution and returned only when the murder charge was dropped.

the photo was taken by a herald cameraman, the dude swinging the flag was the chud

chud also had a brother who got murdered during the whitey bulger trial who was poisoned with a drugged dunkin donuts iced coffee because he was a possible witness to extortion and an ex business partner decided to try to kill him and frame bulger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

the photo was taken by a herald cameraman, the dude swinging the flag was the chud

chud also had a brother who got murdered during the whitey bulger trial who was poisoned with a drugged dunkin donuts iced coffee because he was a possible witness to extortion and an ex business partner decided to try to kill him and frame bulger

gently caress! meant to say "the photo was taken OF a proto chud".

my bad. the city of boston has poisoned my brain due to proximity

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

gently caress! meant to say "the photo was taken OF a proto chud".

my bad. the city of boston has poisoned my brain due to proximity

i blame the molasses fumes

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I wonder how many teachers Biden is going to get killed lol

Open er up (scientifically)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boston is how it is because the Bostonian accent is stupid as hell and they spend all their time trying to Ork hivemind it into actually being cool and as a result have driven themselves insane. It's how they end up liking Dropkick more than Flogging Molly and root for son mouthkissers and convince themselves that the Red Sox aren't just the Yankees now

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i get how liberals co-opt legitimate struggles into meaningless paper reforms, but the language here and negative connotations of "idpol" tends to obscure real problems to dismiss them as worth concern. are racial justice struggles idpol? or is there a good kind of idpol and a bad kind of idpol? that's why i don't think this unclear, vague, highly politicized jargon language is helpful.

i dunno, guys. i visited south carolina one time and the two black guys i met there (in the underground lefty bar and a gay bar) both told me, unprompted, maybe because i wasn't from there, that they hated the place and wanted to get out because of how racist it is. you could feel the static on the street. like, oh god, i just walked into apartheid. and that's the society right now, barely removed from jim crow. and then a few months after i left, that white supremacist kid who was glorifying apartheid south africa and rhodesia online walked into a black church and murdered nine people.

when i hear this kind of whining about idpol from the kind of people who post on r/stupidpol, it just sounds like complete bullshit to me, from people who live in liberal bubbles.

It's very much one of those subjects where I am happy to have very serious discussions with other leftists, as it's not like it is entirely groundless, but I'd rather chew my own arm off than discuss it with a liberal because it's just going to be a matter of minutes until they hint that I'm an ignorant racist for implying corporate diversity isn't going to solve anything or something similar and they will staunchly refuse to engage in anything economic nor allow themselves to consider anything as "acceptable" that is not already or soon to be captured by the party and turned into a fundraising apparatus

I'm not sure how your example qualifies as something that is more or less strictly an idpol issue, it's an enormously political one as well as you mentioned when you brought up the shadow of Jim Crow hanging over everything. My conception of it is based around the Combahee Collective's writings on the subject, on account of them creating the term, and there is a reason they have been purged from all modern discussion of the subject

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

spacemang_spliff posted:

Half the number we expect because he'll eventually vaccinate them, classified staff like custodial or aides are all gonna die

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there is a very good reason why the only successful leftist movements in history have been the ones who treat liberals identically to cops and chuds. They are not your ally, their ideology and worldview is fundamentally incoherent and wildly and violently oppositional to anything even approaching real comprehensive justice. To seriously consider their opinion on one of their most powerful tools to undermine and destroy you would be like putting Comey in a position of power within your movement

Coolness Averted posted:

Half the number we expect because he'll eventually vaccinate them, classified staff like custodial or aides are all gonna die

This pushing of fake news about COVID is a dangerous game friend, the CDC and Biden administration in adition to every single state-level Dem party have all stated quite plainly that vaccines are 100% not necessary for safely returning to schools. Why would someone who believes that work to ensure teachers and staff got them quickly?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, the boston globe did a whole series on how racist the city is not too long ago.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/boston-racism-image-reality/

some people think the city deserves some slack because they don't understand history (lmao)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/news/boston-racist-city-its-time-evolve-narrative

im from a city 30 miles or so from boston, but definitely not a bostonian. a good friend of mine's parents were practically the romeo and juliet of their day because they were an Irish gal from South Boston and an Italian fella from the North End, if my buddy is to be believed.

They got together during the busing period of the 70s when the Pulitzer-winning Soiling Of Old Glory photo was taken by a proto-chud who had a suspended sentence for the attack and went on to murder his sister's boyfriend and fled prosecution and returned only when the murder charge was dropped.

Linked Wikipedia article reads as oddly sympathize of the murderous flag wielding chud

quote:

Rakes carried the stigma of being known as "the flag kid", but eventually married and had children while laboring as a construction worker and later in hazardous waste.

Hopefully literally

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nothing made the left/liberal alliance more clear than the BLM protests last summer where rowdy protesters were handed over to the police by the protesters "leadership"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

Nothing made the left/liberal alliance more clear than the BLM protests last summer where rowdy protesters were handed over to the police by the protesters "leadership"

death to america, a demon cracker nation

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1360698497213767680

Ken Tremendously Stupid

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

spacemang_spliff posted:

just lol if you are not pro cultural revolution

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SchnorkIes posted:

Mostly just trying to justify policies that don't help the people I hate, white lumpens aren't in the working class lol

who gives a poo poo

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trump would still win.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Trump would still win.

landslide victory after calling biden the n word on the debate stage

and then biden repeats it before he can stop himself and the news runs that on loop for months

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and then biden repeats it before he can stop himself and the news runs that on loop for months

blue checkmarks start saying that the n word is actually good and we should all be using it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i get how liberals co-opt legitimate struggles into meaningless paper reforms, but the language here and negative connotations of "idpol" tends to obscure real problems to dismiss them as worth concern. are racial justice struggles idpol? or is there a good kind of idpol and a bad kind of idpol? that's why i don't think this unclear, vague, highly politicized jargon language is helpful.

i dunno, guys. i visited south carolina one time and the two black guys i met there (in the underground lefty bar and a gay bar) both told me, unprompted, maybe because i wasn't from there, that they hated the place and wanted to get out because of how racist it is. you could feel the static on the street. like, oh god, i just walked into apartheid. and that's the society right now, barely removed from jim crow. and then a few months after i left, that white supremacist kid who was glorifying apartheid south africa and rhodesia online walked into a black church and murdered nine people.

when i hear this kind of whining about idpol from the kind of people who post on r/stupidpol, it just sounds like complete bullshit to me, from people who live in liberal bubbles.

source ure succ, but in case you're actually serious liberal idpol types don't give a single poo poo about those two guys in south carolina, rather it's all about how you're not allowed to criticize rich and powerful liberals

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jetz0r posted:

blue checkmarks start saying that the n word is actually good and we should all be using it

"In the interest of free expression we would like to see a vast national movement of white people dropping the a-bomb whenever possible. Cancel Culture must be defanged at all costs."

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Zeroisanumber posted:

"In the interest of free expression we would like to see a vast national movement of white people dropping the a-bomb whenever possible. Cancel Culture must be defanged at all costs."

d&d mods start banning whoever reports a post with the n word

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jetz0r posted:

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the old fyad "grandma" word filter gets reinstituted, but this time in reverse

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

love to make fun of an accident where six people died and over a hundred more were injured, traumatized, and lost their vehicles while not actually understanding what caused the accident

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

thankfully im sure biden will fix the roads once infrastructure week is here

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Minrad posted:

love to make fun of an accident where six people died and over a hundred more were injured, traumatized, and lost their vehicles while not actually understanding what caused the accident

He's making fun of people who refuse to wear masks, my dude.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's making fun of people who refuse to wear masks, my dude.

comparing people caught in a tragic freak accident that happened because of poorly maintained toll roads in an area where suburban development is out of control, by a man who was literally in charge of housing and urban development in the Obama administration, to people who willingly don't wear masks, seems like a pretty bad loving "joke" to make, idk

but of course to democrats everyone who lives in southern states, even ones that very nearly flipped blue in 2020, are just subhuman, so i'm not surprised

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

If I'm going to list the "good kind of idpol", I'm going to start with BLM, which is focused on well-documented cases of unjustified police killings.

We don't need a racial framework to condemn murder, though admittedly we need a history lesson to explain why the victims tend to have more melanin than the perps.

The only thing you really need a racial framework for is to split people with the same interests into separate groups that distrust each other, and because white supremacy is no longer a majority opinion, it's more effective to make POC afraid of whites than the other way around. You add POC + LGBT + white liberals, that's a majority who are terrified of what's on the television and primed to accept whatever emergency measures you claim they need. The fash has the Blob's hand up its rear end.

As to your other point, doesn't that have something to do with how 200 years ago South Carolina was an underpopulated settler colony with a bunch of cotton fields in private hands and a huge natural harbor? That's the coup de grace on any attempt to rehabilitate idpol: we know 100% beyond doubt and argument that the racial pseudoscience was popularized by capitalists, in order to explain away a denial of human rights that might otherwise have met its bloody revenge much sooner. The thing sadly thrived long enough to become a cultural tradition, and African-Americans were so alienated that they developed an entire parallel American national culture, so we still need language to describe that. But that's as far as idpol gets us. The people who developed the slave trade have since moved on to more sophisticated forms of surplus value theft that thieving scum of any race and gender can potentially participate in, isn't that lovely?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Liberal idpol is just the social equivalent of trickle-down.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the most common way to make identity politics really make sense philosophically is by twisting into bizarre idealist shapes and assigning ontological weight to stuff like the qualitative experience of oppression

it's why you often see less-disciplined and more enthusiastic exponents veer into racial realism

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

jetz0r posted:

lol someone once reported the black fyad mod (to himself, of course) for using it

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Im pretty sure the media has agreed to not cover Joe Biden critically at all.

And if you aee how some Dems are reacting tti the media covering Ducklo being a shithead, they think that did be extended to every Democrat employee

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minrad posted:

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1361309135262928898?s=20

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1361313302668857349?s=20

oops funny joke not funny anymore

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1361180559486124034?s=20

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol dumbass Texans can't handle an itty bitty baby bit of snow

Posted by the 6 months of winter gang

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’m guessing they also build their houses with little to no insulation

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

I’m guessing they also build their houses with little to no insulation

Nah, insulation keeps heat out

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
yeah it’s always bad when radical weather hits a place not ready for it

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
My oldest and best friend who is now an, erm, acquaintance, who is a just-started-residency MD and just had his first kid 2 months ago basically just sarcastically asked me, "well what's your bold prediction for how many people are going to die in Texas if its such a big deal!?" While a medical 9/11 is happening every day...and has for a year.

LMFAO gently caress this country and the privileged idiots in it, I hope we all burn in hellfire.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Even cities that know snow is coming every year can gently caress it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BhhsEuYXZQ

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So much for global warming.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Crunchy Black posted:

My oldest and best friend who is now an, erm, acquaintance, who is a just-started-residency MD and just had his first kid 2 months ago basically just sarcastically asked me, "well what's your bold prediction for how many people are going to die in Texas if its such a big deal!?" While a medical 9/11 is happening every day...and has for a year.

LMFAO gently caress this country and the privileged idiots in it, I hope we all burn in hellfire.

You have a choice between "too many" and "not enough".
Should try to find a way to pin this on Cruz.

Sorry you lost your friend though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of my favorite things that popped up almost daily throughout the protests was when some piece of the Dem agitprop network or well-regarded NGO head or blue check would wokely call for the protests to be segregated by race with a strong implication that non-white participants were simply incapable of doing the hard work of ensuring the protests never veered from approved party messaging lol

of course these unpopular mandates were never followed, which is why the party and it's apparatus ended up condemning the protests and support for them fell like 20 points overnight because liberals are hogs who every day have their ideology reborn into whatever form their betters dictate