Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

If you genuinely believe than you absolutely should be willing to die for your faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

BiggerBoat posted:

The MAGA CHUD owner sent out another communique later telling us to wear our masks and it's for our protection, so he was right and that's cool, but in that one he said "government intervention is BY FAR the greatest challenge this company faces" so I wasn't sure whether to ask him what his problem with Trump, our Republican mayor and Ron Desantis are, the PPP money he got or...what exactly but reading that was horrifying and I can't afford to rock my loving Bigger Boat right now, so to speak, much as I'd love to write back and RIse Up.

I'm pretty sure "the government" to these people is the civil service, and they are horrible leeches who exist to wrap everything up in red tape, and if we would just get out of their way, all these "wealth creators" like your CHUD owner who probably inherited everything he's worth, would just be creating "wealth" left and right.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have a friend who works at a petrol station and, as of tonight, masks are mandatory in his state.

But - staff have been told they are not allowed to ask people why they're not wearing a mask, or tell them to put one on.

As insane as that sounds, my friend point out that the reasoning is that they consider the risk of coronavirus to be less dangerous than the risk of someone losing their poo poo, wreaking up the place, or trying to attack them.

poo poo's just that loving stupid right now.

They're probably right, I think 2 people at least have been killed for trying to make people wear masks who were required to.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

what? This is objectively what happened. It has nothing to with the candidates. Half the field dropped out and endorsed Biden.

Are you saying that didn’t happen?

also worth noting that Elizabeth warren stayed in the race exactly long enough that Biden was presumptive nominee and the progressive vote was still split then dropped out.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The post office receives zero tax dollars for operational expenses. They get some tax dollars for specific programs, but not for salaries, buildings, etc.

Not that that matters when you try to explain it to the type of person who hates the post office.

The kind of person who hates the person is not even remotely interested in facts.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

trump voters realizing their church is going to die under trump

QAnon: The alternative religion that’s coming to your church

Mark Fugitt, senior pastor of Round Grove Baptist Church in Miller, Missouri, recently sat down to count the conspiracy theories that people in his church are sharing on Facebook. The list was long. It included claims that 5G radio waves are used for mind control; that George Floyd’s murder is a hoax; that Bill Gates is related to the devil; that masks can kill you; that the germ theory isn’t real; and that there might be something to Pizzagate after all.

“You don’t just see it once,” said Fugitt. “If there’s ever anything posted, you’ll see it five to 10 times. It’s escalating for sure.”
“My fear … is that Jesus would not be co-opted by conspiracy theories in a way that leads the next generation to throw Jesus out with the bathwater,” Stacy said, “that we’re not able to separate the narrative of taking back our country from Jesus’ kingdom narrative.”

Others are concerned the theories will become grounds for more mistrust. “Young people are exiting the church because they see their parents and mentors and pastors and Sunday school teachers spreading things that even at a young age they can see through,” said Jeb Barr, the senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Elm Mott outside Waco, Texas. He said conspiracy theories are “extremely widespread and getting worse” among his online church networks.

“Why would we listen to my friend Joe … who’s telling me about Jesus who also thinks that Communists are taking over America and operating a pedophile ring out of a pizza restaurant? … Why would we be believed?”

it’s funny because Qanon is probably more credible than the Jesus myth and the way most Americans churches treat it frankly where Jesus is somehow a white American is decidedly more absurd. and these pastors don’t ask if indoctrinating people with a ridiculous theory and teaching them faith over facts somehow made them more influencable with absurd notions.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not death but maybe he'll die alone and penniless now

https://twitter.com/kittynouveau/status/1295726083342508033

Good... but also not good because I love Squidbillies and it will not be the same without Early Cuyler. But overall, good.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

anti-union people who benefit from unions exist. they either think that they'd be getting just as good a deal without the union or, more often, they don't think about where their good situation comes from and just default to anti-unionism because of cultural indoctrination

Part of the problem is you see your pay like this

$10 - pay
-1 - Union dues
-2 - taxes

when it should be

$5 - base pay
+$5 - benefits from union
-$1 - union dues
-2 - taxes

My roommate is in a union and he loves to bitch about the fee and how nobody can ever be fired and the union this and union that. Given he's been fired like twice in the last 2 years at non-union jobs ... I mean I dunno. I always say "yes but if no union then?"

Though the worst is companies like fedex, whose employees basically get union pay and benefits to compete with UPS but don't have a union so don't have to support the union.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

I still find it fascinating that Trump changed the rules that govern citizenship for children born to US service members on foreign bases but didn't get any real backlash from the military for it.

Neither Republicans nor most military members that are rah rah GOP really give a poo poo about the reality of how the parties interact with the military. Honestly the GOP is basically anti-military in their policies, they rarely give raises to service members and frequently do things to gently caress them over. They are big on defense appropriations to pay for defense contracters that they will definitely not go to work for as lobbyists after they are no longer in Congress.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

To be honest I wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out some Boogaloo Bois were trying to start fires to somehow frame BLM, they've done dumber poo poo before

I would be surprised if that didn't happen.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

UBI is still a radical conservative idea :grin:

the idea there are any actual conservatives left is a pretty radical one.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

regular passenger jets have toilets, as do private jets. why wouldn't the heavily secured yet luxurious transportation for the most powerful person in the world have one?

security considerations? I think it probably does but I could see it being an engineering g issue

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Christie will be in perfect health until a day or so after he is ritually entombed alive in Trump's mausoleum

trump is an OG pharaoh taking servants to serve him forever in the afterlife.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

well this guy may (hopefully) wind up starving to death:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1319721837857787905

destroying your own business to own the libs

Honestly, this whole anti-mask thing is very un-Republican. Usually, Republicans make other people suffer for their "freedoms", not themselves. I honestly wholeheartedly approve of this new face of the GOP, where their completely ignorant ideas about the world kill themselves, and not everyone else.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

I've been informed by my lawyer that you do not have to do that.

Maybe check with a barrister.

My past dealings with Leonard J Crabs, Esq. have been quite prosperous.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

if I hit the MyPillow guy with a shovel, will the blade contort and warp around his head

you’ll probably open his flesh vessel and allow that which lies beneath to escape and begin the end of days.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

E: oh yeah he killed every first born Egyptian just for being Egyptian

I thought he killed every first-born Egyptian because um... well because Pharoah was going to relent but then God "hardened his heart" so basically he made Pharoah make him kill every first-born Egyptian. Exodus 9:12.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

JUST MAKE A loving BIBLE THREAD AND gently caress OFF

Do you have any idea what happens to apostates?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

christmas boots posted:

When the spirit of the lord is inside of you, all threads are Bible threads. Now if you'll excuse me I need to spread the hope of the gospel to those ignorant heathens in Coupons and Deals.

Did you know you can usually get a free bible with any night hotel stay?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

There's a semi-obscure sci-fi comedy series called Avenue 5 that came out almost a year ago. And there's one scene from it that has come to my mind over and over and over since the pandemic started.

The setup: there's a futuristic cruise liner making a trip around Saturn and back, but things have gone horribly wrong. And lately, a rumor has gotten around among the passengers that they aren't even in space at all, that it's all just a trick for some kind of reality show. And so things come to a head near the main airlock...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXaeucDYHo

I would have rolled my eyes at this scene if I hadn't seen it just as everything was blowing up in real life and so many people kept insisting upon being as stupid as was humanly possible.

That show is loving amazing.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Taeke posted:

I'm watching the show today thanks to that post and just finished that episode. That doesn't convince them and 2 more groups of people get airlocked before the mob realises the truth. lol

the whole show is willfully ignorant and stupid people getting their comeuppance, it’s biggest flaw is that it’s not nonfiction.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

This is always good news, but do people seriously want the pigs to kick down doors and break up Thanksgiving

maybe they don’t have to publicly say gently caress the rule of law they swore to enforce and is their job?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

quote:

loving at politicians who say this, getting a job doing any coding or programming work is arguably the worst hazing process in the working world, it's anything but secure.

Just lol at "touching computers, but sometimes they're mean to you" being "the worst hazing process in the working world".

The amount of privilege it takes to say something that blind is astonishing.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Joey Steel posted:

Having grown up there, yes. New Orleans is pretty cool. The culture of "hey, let's have a parade" is pretty neat, but otherwise, the whole state is considered part of the first world only as a courtesy to the US.

huge parts of the south have problems more in line with underdeveloped countries. ring worm is endemic in Alabama.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I once ate a delicious breakfast at the Waffle House in Gray, Louisiana, and there was something off about the people there. Employees and patrons. Just something not quite right. Something strange and wrong.

I once ate adjective food at the Waffle House in town, state and there was something off about the people there.

Is always a true sentence, for all values of adjective, food, town, state.

But the food is usually good or awful, and it's practically a wardrobe for having adventures at mealtime.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Moose-Alini posted:

People keep saying this, but there’s precedent that you can pardon everyone involved in an incident without knowing individuals or charges being brought yet.

why the gently caress would trump pardon these people they are not rich. he doesn’t even think of them as people, just like biomass.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Most people are really good at lying to themselves. The psychopaths don't bother, but there are lots of non-psychopath cops who convince themselves they are a "good person" doing an "important job". They are sheepdogs protecting the sheep from wolves, lol.

Then one day the wolves stroll right in and start taking selfies with your fellow sheepdogs. Oops.

Absolutely shattering until you build up a new wall of lies to protect yourself.

Honestly, it's more like their day to day job is to protect the wolves from the sheep, and then they got run over by rabid dogs.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Remember when Virginia’s governor actually got charged and convicted for taking bribes?

Aghast at the potential for justice, our legal system had the wisdom to make it nearly impossible to convict a politician for bribery.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up is what I’m saying

I think the political class as a whole is good at sensing when they have to sacrifice one of their own to appease and placate people who are outraged.

Like, it's one of the things I hate so much about a Biden presidency. Biden is only good in comparison to Trump. It's a poo poo sandwich vs being placed into a dumpster fire. Eating a poo poo sandwich sounds great when it's an escape from burning to death in flaming garbage. But what do you think Joe "peace in our time" Biden is going to do? "Work with" the Republicans. Part of why Trump got elected was racism, but part of it was Hillary's message was pretty much "well things are good for me and other rich people, so become a coder if you're a 55 year old with no equity and debts and no education".

The problem is we're all going to die, not just the Trump supporters.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

even more fun: actually do it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

There likely is no specificity requirement, and pardons don't need to use any kind of set verbiage. And people still being considered guilty even after a pardon isn't universally accepted, either.

Burdick v. United States.

I mean saying "isn't universally accepted" what the gently caress does that mean? It isn't "universally accepted" that Hillary Clinton isn't a lizard person, that Trump isn't a freedom fighter battling the deep state and a satanic pedophile ring.

There's a lot of things that are facts that not universally accepted.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

mllaneza posted:

I think it's more that the DNC offered her the post-Obama nomination in exchange for shutting the gently caress up when her campaign started throwing dirt at Obama in an attempt to regain the lead. The Democratic Party is technically a private organization, so they could legally screw Sanders over in their effort to keep their bargain with Clinton. Which is too bad, he'd have beat Trump, likely by a lot.

Bernie is a threat to the DNC, Trump was a phenomenal fundraising opportunity.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fash aren't human. You can argue that they are and they'll laugh at you while they peel your skin off with a flensing knife.

Dude. Decorum at literally any price. Any amount of non-white, non-cis, non-male can be sacrificed on the pyre of decorum.

Decorum in our time.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

fondue posted:

My fear is that any anti-Biden thread is going to attract Trump-fans/chuds whom think they've found friends.

Isn't like most of the forum anti-Biden in the sense of like.. we deserve better than Biden but he's not as awful as Trump? I haven't seen any actual Biden stanning on SA but I mostly stick to a few threads now.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh right, and of course the biggest reason why biden is worse than trump is that trump was hilarious and biden is not.

I think you've memory-holed how gaffe-prone and crazy old man Biden is.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

no you dumb berniebros you need to settle for what you get like an adult

You need to understand that someone who says they care about what you care about but won't do anything about it is preferable to someone who says "cry more libs". Having someone lie to you for your vote is the essence of Democracy, you're such a child for not understanding that.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

A public figure telling people who they are voting for is an endorsement. How do you not understand this?

I think an endorsement is an endorsement. If we're going to go all "words mean something" on people then, for it to be an endorsement, you have to say something like

"I support"

or

"I endorse"

I am going to vote for is not really an endorsement anymore.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You people are loving irritating buzzkills, post more funny poo poo and quit slapfighting.

Now is this an endorsement of the thread or not? Because he says to post.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

cumshitter posted:

My Qex still lives with me because we broke up only four weeks ago, right after Moderna #1, which I did not tell him about at the time due to multiple huge fights on the vaccination topic as well as the rest of the Quniverse of conspiracies he believes and I don't. Since the breakup things are mostly cordial while he arranges to move out, and finally he asked me if I got the vaccine and I answered truthfully. So he knew I was scheduled for Moderna #2 today.

He came to me excited this morning, confirming that I was still going in for my second shot, and says he wanted to try a scientific experiment. (He couched it as science knowing I would agree with that angle.) I knew what was coming but played dumb for a while because I wanted to see how he would explain it to me.

Anyway, we agreed we would try the magnet test on my freshly vaccinated arm as soon as I got back. He got a magnet, I removed the bandaid and cleaned the adhesive residue off my arm, he put the magnet on my arm and...

The magnet fell to the floor.

We tried it a couple of times but the magnet had no desire to stay on my arm.

You would think this would cause him to re-evaluate the reliability of his sources, but apparently not.

It's only been a few hours and so far I feel fine. We'll see how I fare in the next day or so. Anyway I wanted to share this amusing anecdote with you all.

Is the vaccine supposed to turn you into magneto? If it really had a microchip it wouldn't let you attach a magnet even if Bill Gates was watching your every move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

it's apparently been going around facebook the past few weeks that the vaccine microchip makes magents stick to your arm

but that like doesn't make any sense. I mean granted none of it makes any sense but that's so easily disprovable it seems like a weird hill to die on.