Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

How long until Trump crawls back on his statements, saying it was just a joke or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Hahaha, okay, yeah. Goddamn it's all so stupid.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

the thing is. apparently the entire world is against their beliefs

[img-skinner-no-its-the-rest-of-the-world-whos-stupid]

back on topicish

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1264668632237445120

https://twitter.com/boshj/status/1264657844323876870

https://twitter.com/ItsJeffHiggins/status/1264670377671888898

the thing is, even if covid-19 is among these people and people start dying because of this gathering. no one will learn anything from this.

Yeah, that's the problem. 95+% of those people, even if they do get sick, will be fine. Maybe at worst they'll experience a (bad) flu that they can rationalise like it's no big deal, and they simply won't care about the people there that actually die. "They could've died in a car accident too, you know. Actually that's far more likely." :smug:

Meanwhile they literally won't even think about how they're actually spreading it, even if (or especially when) they don't have any (bad) symptoms.

Like, the other day I was doing my grocery shopping and the person I was with (part of my household, we took care to keep 2m distance) made a joke, I laughed, and some saliva went into my windpipe as it sometimes does when you're unlucky. I had to cough a couple of times, and it was drat uncomfortable for the rest of the shopping trip.

My first thoughts were:
1) poo poo, everyone is going to think I've got a bad cough. Better talk (kinda loud and obvious) about how some saliva went the wrong way so people don't worry that I might infect them because I'm the kind of rear end in a top hat that goes shopping when they're ill.
2) poo poo, I could be asymptomatic and be spreading this poo poo even though I don't want to, better get out of here fast as I can.

I took a bottle of coke of from a shelf, opened it and drank some to supress the cough, told the cashier why I did it, and (I hope) everything is fine.

I guarantee you none of those people would never even entertain those thoughts, or anything close to it.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What do gun laws have to do with getting stabbed?

It's a cultural difference.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Look, this thread has, like, 77 days to live. Let’s not end it by relitigating the primaries. Let’s take this time to remember the bad times and see which Trump voters manage to squeeze in under the deadline.

On a related note has anyone seen Mike Pence?

lol like I'm just gonna ignore Trump completely after the last four years. He's gonna start Trump TV, be sad and angry on twitter, and just generally give us lols for a couple more years until he actually dies.

At least they'll be actual lols then, not tainted by the knowledge that it has any actual consequences anymore.

e: thought this was the lol thread

Taeke has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Nov 6, 2020

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Jesus. This is haunting.

I'm watching the show today thanks to that post and just finished that episode. That doesn't convince them and 2 more groups of people get airlocked before the mob realises the truth. lol

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

fondue posted:

Please tell me that the woman whom keeps unlocking the door takes a trip outside, too.

No. One of the people changes their mind at the last moment though, but it's too late. Her hand is shattered on the way out which finally makes everyone realize it's not some clever sfx. :v:

The show really is great. Just a bunch of lovely people being lovely against each other, with everything getting increasingly stupid and lovely as a consequence of their own actions. Literally nobody qualified is in charge because everything is automated so the captain and crew are all dumb actors putting on a show. The actual captain dies in the first episode and the only other qualified people are a bunch of engineers below decks who don't really give a poo poo about all the rich people.

Seriously, it's a great show with great characters that you just love to hate. It was great catharsis from the reality where awful people don't get what's coming to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

This thread was great.