Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

That's what happened with the Carrier plant thing in Indy during the election, you'd never know that the plant was majority minority as every single person interviewed was white

this can pretty much be assumed of any of these plant closure stores: majority of the workers are black and hispanic and are totally ignored by the media so they can promote the "flyover states are all aww shucks down home white trump lovers" narrative"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

Serious question , what’s an “Octoplegic” ? Is this guy actually a spider?

four limbs + head + dick + both buttcheeks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/1133695951535824901

:thunk:

Looks like millenials have finally started voting in numbers commensurate to their cohort size, and not a moment too soon.

unfortunately gen x votes with boomers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

businesses hate operating in california because it has robust worker protections. that's pretty much it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Forceholy posted:

Still an at work state. But I suppose the one eyed man is king among the blind.

yeah, in this case "robust worker protections" just means things like "enforced meal periods" and "state actually investigates withholding of pay and overtime violations"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gently caress that Nuetzi scum

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

i guess her time had come :shrug:

trump term 2 means she's going right back into the camp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Knight posted:

but also some pretty terrible sequences where he gets someone to go through with an (staged) assassination of a random protester.

he also full on seduces this guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truniht posted:

A lot of famous bands back then had songs about fuckin underaged girls

It seems to be a common theme

Wonder if any of it has to do w/ Epstein and Weinstein

now im not saying that all boomers are pedophiles but,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

white people getting mad at black people using what they precieve as slurs necause they dont realize the poster is black is a very internet phenomenon and is very funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

it’s not perceived it um is.

my grandma used to use it all the time and she had no volume control which made things awkward

sure, when you use it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think a guy got banned recently for using the n word to describe what people called him growing up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

lovely sister knows all of this and still won't shut up about how if you quit you shouldn't get unemployment, how she'd never stay on unemployment and never need it, that she'd just get a job at Kohl's because it's the right thing to do, etc.

your sister is a goddamned moron because she pays for unemployment insurance with each paycheck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's about as noble as refusing to accept your tax refund because you dont take no handouts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

seriously

also it's loving journalistic malpractice that they're not all "whoa wait since when is a licensed childcare facility paying their workers minimum wage"

a lotta the time these places hafta offer significantly reduced or free admission for the kids of their employees, because otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford it on what they pay them

having worked in hr as a temp for a childcare company i can confirm that they pay almost all of their workers minimum wage and they pay their managers much less than an entry level computer toucher gets paid

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's weird, delaney or hickenlooper or one of those other centrist shills assured me that a public option would kill rural hospitals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, what big brain logic are they using for that claim?

because then they wouldn't be able to set their own prices for services because they'd be going by the medicare schedule

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

which is the whole loving problem with healthcare in the us in the first place

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its the same thought process: "id have more money if the foreigners werent nonspecifically taking it"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

stay safe shaggar :ohdear:

no don't

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

just goons in tacky print $200 shirts plugging every Koch family member until Wyatt is king.

this is a great idea for a crusader kings 2 custom start

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/prachigu/status/1177239050685751296

death by toxic masculinity feelgood story

quote:

But that was not the only mystery I uncovered about Yush’s life: While I had always worried about his financial stability, in the days and months following his death, I would learn that he had become wealthy from bitcoin investments. I learned that he was secretly building a technology that he believed could revolutionize the world. And I learned that he had written an anonymous essay about our family published in a Men’s Rights anthology, in which he lamented over a society that values the “emotional pain” of women over the burden men have to provide for them. He complained that women were inferior in logical ability, and that women in abusive relationships are not held accountable for their decision to stay, while pressures upon men are overlooked and ignored.

quote:

His research directed him to Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet, a French surgeon who developed a special surgical limb-lengthening technique that yielded faster, but presumably less painful, results. Though the surgery is also performed in the United States, where it can cost upwards of $100,000, Yush believed Dr. Guichet was a world expert. “This procedure is pretty safe, with no recorded patient (of thousands) having ever been handicapped,” Yush’s email continued. “I insisted on seeing the stats with the doc.”

However, according to the website for the New York-based Institute for Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction, the development of a pulmonary embolism is a rare, but possible, risk: “Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis... are rare with [limb lengthening] surgery, but they can occur and could lead to sudden shortness of breath, chronic leg swelling and even death.” The Paley Orthopedic and Spine Center in Florida says on its website that “prevention is key” and that it sends “each patient home with a prescription for an anticoagulation drug” to prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

at least 5% would die taking it multiple times

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my wife

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the thing i am looking forward to the most about the 2020 election is that, regardless of the outcome, people will finally stop re-litigating the 2016 election.

haha

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why did you choose pronouns as the thing to melt down about :thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

would you describe the dsa as "triggered snowflakes"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's just interesting that out of all the silly poo poo dsa people say and do and the stupid causes some of them have, pronouns was the straw that broke the camel's back

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this is like when a bunch of people left the yippies because they were told they can no longer use the n word in meetings

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Militant Lesbian posted:

I cop guilty to not knowing the CIA was planning a coup in Bolivia too; I figured they’d still be trying to topple Venezuela still, and everyone always forgot about Bolivia anyways. Your CIA mole sources are better than mine, maybe if Soros would give me more in my payments for being in antifa, I could bribe someone higher up than the mail clerk.

just take your lumps lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FMguru posted:

Less than half of millenials identify as christians.

weird, a religion whose public face was greed rape murder and oppression during their childhood isn't popular with millenials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hope trump reinstates the draft