Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

quote:

LORDSTOWN, Ohio — In the weeks since he lost his job at the car plant, Rick Marsh has blasted Pink Floyd while cleaning the house. He has watched the cat watching the birds. He has smoked cigarettes out the sliding glass door. He has watched Motor Trend, a TV network about cars. He bought a grill and built a swing set. Now, on one of his few days off from the job, a new hobby to pursue — restoring cars — would serve to further his anger toward the man he calls "Hitler."

"I'm doing it because there's some sort of legacy of his," said Marsh, a 73-year-old retired auto mechanic from Woodbury, Ohio who said he never expected Pink Floyd to become his favorite band. "I'm not just looking for a job, but I want to learn, not just to fix things or fix cars, but learn about history, and I want to know the history behind some of these songs — a lot of those songs are in here. I'm in the right place with the right kind of instrument, not just my guitar, but I want to learn how to play the guitar properly."

Marsh had an idea: What if he became an auto-repairman?

Then came the news, a month ago, of a $300 fee Pink Floyd paid to remove their "Sugab

From plugging in the first line from that stupid article higher up on the page to TalkToTransformer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I remember some sociologist or journalist or something remarking that McDonalds were the defacto only public space in some small towns, a place where an old guy could get a coffee for a dollar and not be bothered by anyone.

This is true AF, I've been through a ton of rural towns in NV with populations of 10k or less (sometimes a LOT less) and the McDonald's is the defacto place for kids to hang out after school, where people go to read the newspaper and chat, etc. It's like a corporate-sponsored townsquare that smells like potatos.

rideANDxORdie has issued a correction as of 19:14 on Apr 2, 2020

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

Trump has a certain mental issue that mods don't want us to talk about

His brain is especially apt at stopping or slowing the spread of fire through the use of chemical reactions that reduce the flammability of fuel or impede their combustion?

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
*Giulanishly* those people in Texas need to demand power by combat!