Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Heath posted:

What is the purpose of lowering that deduction? Is it literally just to make up for tax revenue lost from taxing high earners?

Reconciliation can't increase deficits (hearty chuckle) so they had to make up for the lost tax revenue somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Part of me wonders if a lot of these geniuses are still itemizing and if they wouldn't be better off just taking the standard deduction now. But I hope they all get hosed. I wonder if there is any benefit to "organizing" all these angry morons via Facebook groups or something like that, get them on the news and see if the GOP will respond.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

MunchE posted:

I don't know poo poo about french but Google Translate has a feature that will OCR and translate text in real time which can help you read signs and stuff so gl with that

France is super easy to navigate around knowing almost zero French as long as you are patient, polite, and able to google decently well. I was supposed to be on a high speed train from Geneva to Paris where the French strike cancelled the train and managed to take a regional train into France, take a bus to Lyon, and then take a train from Lyon to Paris (username has nothing to do with the city in France).

Google translate is pretty legit as well. Just download the full dictionary.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I told my friend I was going to be studying French and German in preparation for a trip to Europe in 2021 and she just went "lmao everyone speaks english."

it’s true but do it anyway.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Nothus posted:

Land prices are pretty dogshit right now too, so they can't walk away without getting screwed either.

why would big business pay a premium now when they know they’ll be able to buy the land for pennies on the dollar in a couple of years when the farmers are all forced to declare bankruptcy.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
things like farmer's going bankrupt and losing their farms, the opioid epidemic devastating rural towns/poor white people, the collapse of rural healthcare, etc are all extremely tragic at an individual/personal level but at a statistical/demographic/national level it warms my heart.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

CNN posted:

The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s desk has been arrested and charged with three federal counts including theft of public property, federal officials said Friday.

Federal officials said Richard Barnett of Arkansas was taken into custody Friday morning in Little Rock.

Barnett was charged with knowingly entering and remaining in restricted building ground without authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and the theft of public property, officials said.

A resident of Alabama was also charged in connection with the pipe bomb found on the south side of the Capitol building, 11 Molotov cocktails and military-style weapon found in his pickup truck.

“Just because you’ve left the DC region, you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol,” said Steven D’Antuono, assistant director in Charge Washington field office.
“The FBI is not sparing any resources in this investigation,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/washington-dc-riots-trump-news-friday/h_806d7b7c7ad1f71244c5f32235176fe7

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
The Arkansas guy is the quarter guy. The Alabama pipe bomber is a different guy.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
will there be a spiritual successor Biden thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
say what you will about joseph r biden but i for one am happy to see he’s continuing eternal infrastructure week