Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

DoktorLoken posted:

You can shoot a lever action ridiculously fast with skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsexKLYtCkI

A note about this:

Cowboy action guns in videos like these are routinely hotrodded to hell and back with all kinds of go fast parts and deburring work and poo poo. Don't really expect this out of the box :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

So should I be looking around for an old 700, or is there a new bolt action king in .308

I hear Ruger's Gunsite Scout is fairly well received.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I got my 590a1 all sharp and pokey and ready to rock. I did go through a fair amount of training and enjoy it but yeah it's a heavy beast but I like the idea of having a combination gun, spear and club.

Do you have a choke in yours? Cause my 590A1 patterns pretty wide with the factory cylinder bore. Need to send it off to get threaded.

But yes gun spear club what up

:v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Looking for some pistol recommendations at the moment. I have a Sig P229 chambered for .40 S&W, but I'm thinking of getting something a little larger. Suggestions?

I've always been happy with my CZ75 SP-01.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

There is also the option of getting a revolver. Smith & Wesson .38 or .357 revolvers are still cheap, or you could get a Ruger GP-100. They have good to excellent triggers, and let you plink with low recoil .38 special wadcutters or shoot full power .38spl +P or .357 mag. They are sub-optimal for self defense compared to a semi auto pistol, but are a drat sight better than nothing, and .357 magnum hasn't gotten any less deadly since 1935.

I had a GP100 a while back and the trigger out of the box kinda sucked, but that's easily fixed with a Wolff power spring pack and watching a youtube video on how to swap springs. Also changing the factory sights to something useful is incredibly easy as all you do is depress a plunger for the front sight blade and it falls off, then punch a pin for the rear sight. Super simple poo poo.

But boy oh boy when revolvers gently caress up, they're a pain in the rear end to get going again.

Kinda want to get another one, though. A 4" this time instead of the 6" I had, that thing was just a smidge too long.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

IMO, five is the correct number of inches for a .357 revolver.

You son of a bitch I've been wanting a 5" 27 for ages :argh:

sky shark posted:

If you can't afford a used Glock 19, then get a shotgun - Remington 870, Mossberg 500.

Try to avoid new Remingtons, though. QC has fallen off super hard, and the Express line is especially bad. 500s are also kinda ho hum but at least the finish on those won't rub off on your hands. Come on, Remington :( Summitgunbroker usually has a good supply of former police 870s, including older and nicer 870 Wingmaster riot guns.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

Oh, no worries then, because that's just a pre-27 :q:

:argh::argh::argh:

Edit:

I kinda want to pick up a 4" model 28, too. At least those are easier to find.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 3, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

I wanna say it's relevant to manufacture date, like you can buy a threaded barrel gun without issue so long as it was made before the ban. I could be wrong, California laws are always a tremendous loving mess.

This is apparently not legal in California:

The gun shop that has it keeps listing it to gunbroker hoping someone bids high enough on it because it's just taking up inventory space.

They also feel it is worth at the very least $1000 so lmao good luck guy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is it DA? That's something I'm fuzzy on- is DA legal or not in CA?

It sure is a DA gun! I wonder it's a concern of not being able to pass the drop test or something?

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

Searching this only lists late, late model 27s as being legal. Guess a mid '70s gun is just too drat dangerous for California :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was going to recommend The Purp, calibrated to mimic the 180gn HST Homeland Security contract load, but it's out of stock again. Outdoorlimited still has it, but I've never bought from them.

I ordered from outdoorlimited once as they had a screaming poo poo hot deal on some 9mm HSTs and 5.56 TAP FPD. I hadn't heard of them before but took the risk. Even while North Carolina, where they're located, was getting smashed by a winter storm, they got my ammo to me ridiculously fast. I want to think it shipped the day I ordered it? At the very least, the next morning after. Would certainly go back to them.

Their prices are some "fell off the truck" levels of cheap, it's great.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wanna grip that FAL, pet that dog :3:

Post your gats with your pets

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I don't know if I'd consider the violent action of a G3 pattern gun to be playing nice :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hey how are ya

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

gently caress this is such a cool video and gun

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hot drat those are some good pictures.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

I really want a SW K-22 revolver or similar.

While it's a single action, my old model Ruger Single Six is a lot of fun :ocelot::buddy: Just avoid the new models, Ruger put new internals inside of them and they don't make the fun clickclickclickityCLICK noise cowboy revolvers should and instead it's a click clunk I am ready to fire :geno:

I need to get me some old semiauto .22 pistol that looks like a space gun.

Hell yes

Hell yes

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pretty nice deal on CCI Minimags right here

http://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-...aily+Deal+Email

$9 for 100, free shipping with 10+ boxes :toot:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 30, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

not caring here posted:

Glad that the days of having to buy Ely because there's literally nothing else left available are gone.

For now.

Yeah I've been seeing standard stuff a bit more frequently now. Course I'm still tempted to get nice poo poo like Eley just because, but being able to get a few boxes of bulk Winchester or whatever at the hardware store again is nice.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't know what i'm looking at but I know I don't like it.

An AK style safety lever on an AR receiver. For... some reason.

Wouldn't you have to turn that lever all the way up? :downsgun:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

I have been following these dating tips and none of these dates have gone well what am I doing wrong :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-StdyJX_8

Not gonna lie, Way of The Gun is a pretty solid choice

Benicio :swoon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Friend is looking for a handgun to carry when he's in the wilderness fishing, he goes to bear country alot. Got into discussing it with him and I have no idea what will work against a bear. But after discussing came up with some baseline other aspects he wants. Not a revolver, no interest in ever owning more than 4 or 5 guns total, and something that he can enjoy shooting at the range every few weekends. So pretty much a full size pistol with a good clip capacity, and probably .40 or .45? Are 357 semi's good?

Non-revolver handgun for bears up to grizzly size says 10mm Glock 20 to me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The magpul shotgun video at least showed me you can interrupt your gun's magazine by pushing the shells forward while pulling the pump backwards if you need a different shell for whatever reason, that's about it :shobon:

The best about the DYNAMICALLY LOOK LEFT AND RIGHT poo poo is folks that do it super fast to the point where it's obvious they're not really looking around at anything, just whipping their heads around.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

Well i think Im getting a mossberg 590 (not the 590A1) so recommend me the best bayonet for it.

I've got an OKC3S on my A1 that should fit a regular 590

:ese:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Man I love that configuration.

Agree, though I wouldn't mind seeing a vent rib barrel on it and maybe one of those giant Cutts compensators :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

McNally posted:

If I could do it non-destructively, I'd put a replica of Woody Guthrie's "this machine kills fascists" decal on my Garand.

You could put it on the sling, like so:

Internet Wizard posted:

Definitely put symbols of """ironic""" fascism on your guns, it is cool and good and you'll be real popular with the cool kids at the range with their crusader and knights templar guns.

Is dying the furniture on my 590 purple and putting Slaanesh iconography on it ok though :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Where you gonna mount one bomb rear end titty?

I'll repurpose one of those polymer rail mounted gun nuts and chop a ball off, plop it right on the forend

ElMaligno posted:

by being a fat gently caress and having man-titties

This too :btroll:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Over under guns are pretty cool but get extra awesome when they're short as gently caress

Also Aimpoint has a micro dot for shotguns now and uhhh

People are doing things with it :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Rat posted:

In Oregon Caves national monument. (Waldo isn't in here, of course.)

Is an AK enough gun for xenomorphs y/n

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Apparently you give black powder guns big rear end baths with solvents that get all the crap out but yeah no poo poo, that mess is why I haven't gotten into it and I'm a huge dumb idiot for cowboy guns.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gotta watch out of those musket wielding hooligans doing drivebys from their horse drawn buggies

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Left leaning gun owners are a p solid voter bloc to tap but lol

also deregulate suppressors, the poor people looking to put food on their table back when they were taxed to be more expensive than a loving car have other means of feeding themselves now

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sordins are apparently meant to be all kinds of awesome and a big improvement over Howard Leights.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How easy/hard is it to get a proper cheekweld wearing a mask, anyway?

Also god drat I need to dye my shotgun already, I went out and got electrical tape and everything and it's all just sitting around :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I think the carrot cake is the most :barf: thing there

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

my kinda ape posted:

Who the hell doesn't like carrot cake?

I like carrots, I like cake, I just don't like them together :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Eh, it's an overbuilt double action Ruger with a squishy grip. It wouldn't be that bad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

I want one. Who is this company.

McCann Industries. I'm not sure if they still make them or not as there's nothing on their website other than "Hey we used to make these!"

http://mccannindustries.com/history/

Oh, their primary gunsmith died so they don't make them anymore :(

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/07/06/oood-mccann-industries-458-win-mag-garand/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It doesn't take very long with a hacksaw or a cutoff wheel, what took me the most time was slicing off my bayo lug. Course all I had was the saw and dremel, an angle grinder will devour it in a couple of passes.

Like yeah sure shoving a big 'ol knife on a gun looks cool and stupid and fun but holy crap going to a heavy quad rail forend to a free float m-lok tube was night and day.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

I really need to put wood on my 930 spx not sure if this is possible

$160 for a stock and forend direct from Mossberg apparently:

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/shotgun-misc/84797-my-mossberg-930-new-stock.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

rifles posted:

With that said, I have a G19 with a light on it, and I'd pass up my ARs or other long guns for that in my house every time because I can open a door and keep good positive control over it, unlike my ARs :shrug: in TFR these days you'd get called dead in the hallway for that choice. most of the time the only thing loaded and accessible is what I've been carrying when I rarely carry anymore and that's probably a .357 mag LCR so I'm totally gonna die I guess

Is this really an issue? I've always felt that I'm not going to go clearing my house if I have to grab a gun, I'd just post up in the bedroom with the AR on the door and top of the stairs with 911 in my ear.

I mean lmao at least it's not the 26" barreled 870 with a ten shot tube I kept for an HD gun ages ago :haw: