Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
if i didnt live in communist maryland id probably get an sbr pistol caliber ar15 this year. a nice o/u cost more than i want to spend which is the only other thing i'd want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

you cant get an ar in md.

vains
May 26, 2004

thats cool. i had to sell my ar before i moved here and i forgot about the hbar thing. i don't think i'll be able to set an sbr though since i live in bmore city and the chief has to sign off on it or i do the whole trust thing.

vains
May 26, 2004

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Cans need stamps and SBRs need registered... for now.

Didn't the GOP want to introduce legislation to make it easier to get around that poo poo?

yeah so what? the nfa isnt good legislation.

vains
May 26, 2004

night shooting in the military isn't really that hard because night vision and lasers. its just tedious.

qualifying crews with the 25mm at night sucked. there was always one crew that just couldn't shoot and/or download the gun so the whole thing drags out until 3am.

vains
May 26, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

It's like 5 blocks from my apartment ok?? I have to drive an hour and a half to my parents' place if I want to shoot outdoors. Also I got a year long pass for $100.

whats the point

just buy a .22

vains
May 26, 2004

How is an AR15 "safer for the neighbors" than a shotgun full of bird shot?

Someone comes in my door, I want them picking pellets out of their asses.

1- i think that the general idea is that if you're willing to shoot someone then you need to be willing to kill that person. if you aren't willing to kill that person, then you didn't really feel threatened to the point where deadly force is necessary.
2- shooting someone, whether birdshot or .45-70, is deadly force.

idk im sure some lawyer or gun nerd goon will elaborate later.

vains
May 26, 2004

I'm thinking in the range of #3-4 shot, not something like #7 or anything finer.

It's maybe 15 feet from where I'd grab it to the door. My apartment is small and sucks, but for relative size, I'd have thought larger steel shot would be fine at that range.

Don't have a shotgun anyhow, but I have a box of .38s for the .357, because loud. And short range.

birdshot isn't a home defense round. its for killing small birds or breaking clays.

vains
May 26, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is all that? Could you explain for a layman that only recognizes the purpose of like 60% of the Anbauteile there?

speak american in the gun thread, kraut

vains
May 26, 2004

the only good thing congress does this session is also the least important

vains
May 26, 2004

i kind of want to buy a suppressed sbr 9mm ar15 carbine. im not deadset on a pistol caliber ar15 but i'd have to travel a lot further for it to make sense to shoot 5.56.

pretty much this minus the weird upper/lower receivers.

vains
May 26, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Eh, it's still mass produced and used in various conflicts, do what you want.

When is the last time the US issued the m1 carbine? Korea? Maybe early in Vietnam?

There's loving with one of the most prevalent rifles in the world, then there's loving with history. Don't gently caress up history.

its a new build m1 carbine.

https://www.inland-mfg.com/About-Inland/about-Inland.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

how does a mini14 cost $1000?