Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pin it with a 5 round mag and it would be legal here :ca:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

Finally got the Mini Scout light that I had been waiting on, now the K is fully ready to get bizzay.

Once I can get some nice daylight pics, I'm gonna drop a gigantic fat dump of a box thread in TFR for this and all the other ridiculous poo poo I've gotten in the last few months.

NFA question, did you only have to set up one trust for all of your tax stamp items?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If only suppressors weren't illegal here :sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NFA is verboten in CA. No suppressors, no full auto fun. What's not clear is the deal with threaded barrels. I see local shops that have pistols with threaded barrels in their inventory, but the barrel itself appears to be banned as well from what I've read.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's possible. It's like handguns not on the handgun roster purchased before a certain date can still be sold in private transfer if the transfer happens between two Californians at an FFL's shop.

A bit of public thanks goes to Dead Reckoning for taking the time to PM me about some of this stuff. :glomp:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:downsgun:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is it DA? That's something I'm fuzzy on- is DA legal or not in CA?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Found a P320 for private transfer in the bay area...for $1500. :homebrew: :suicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:golfclap:

Excellent post, Patrick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought a P226 in .40 today. Now waiting ten days.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What ammunition do you guys like for 40? I've mostly shot Federal and Remington for long guns. Federal gets kind of expensive.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

For killing sheets of paper? I usually go with Winchester's white box stuff that's cheap and available everywhere. I've never had a problem in...I dunno, 4000 rounds or so. If I'm going to carry, I've just stuck with Hydra Shok.

Just for killing paper. LOL at trying to get a carry permit in my country.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I need to stock up at some point this year. 2018 is when the NY style law comes into effect and you have to purchase ammo at an FFL. 2019 is when ammo purchases require background checks. DROS has a flat fee of $25 for the check, so buying single boxes becomes uneconomical.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also "importing" (going out of state to purchase ammo and bringing it in) will be a misdemeanor. Same goes for giving ammo away. Basically if you don't get it through an FFL it's a crime. :rolleyes:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PuJ-Vx_jY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sig status: still in gun jail for six more days

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not yesterday but I had no NICS issues last week. SIG status: 4 more days in gun jail

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

P226 status: out of gun jail tomorrow

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What laser module do you have on there? I like the grip switch.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Coworker just bought one Saturday, the Legion model. Showed it off at the office yesterday, seems really sweet

Maybe I'm just a pleb but I don't see the point of the extra 200-300 for the legion stuff unless you want membership in the legion club.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've been reading about what parts people swap out in their SIGs, lighter springs (wolf springs I think) being among them. The ergo grip and short reset trigger seem popular. I'm going to put a bunch of rounds through it bone stock before even thinking about parts.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your carpet is gross

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hunter is a guy who exchanged gunfire with his neighbors on at least one occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwkM7gpx5E&t=300s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MG42 is peak machine gun for me. The sound miniguns make is kind of clinical while the MG42 lets you know somebody is getting hosed up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I hope if one good thing comes out of this crazy timeline the Hearing Protection Act or something similar passes. Gonna put cans on everything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Not in California :lol:

Not staying in this state forever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

a reminder that this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

could be worse

could be two hi powers welded together

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

great now i'm going to have nightmares tonight

now imagine it with two magazines of amateur reloads with a mix of hot loads and bad primers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i am tired

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think my wife would kill me if I bought a $600 tac light.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

That's at Red Mountain open space in northern CO.

Chiricahua national monument was my favorite part of Arizona.

That was a tough one. Dead center in the tree branches, blending in with the rock behind

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God drat you put some hard ones in there

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

Strange time to bring up last night don't you think my man?

Couldn't have been you, your gut extends past that excuse for a hardon you got.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can somebody explain to me why pistol lights are so expensive? Like the TLR-1 is $100 for just a flashlight, and it's another $150 on top of that if you want a laser and get the TLR-2. What gives?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

That has to be an airsoft or something.

This guy is dead in the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thank you for making this set easy mode for spotting the AK.