Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Digirat posted:

I am feeling really compelled to buy someone an avatar right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

games don't get negative reviews for merely being bad

they have to be either genuinely unplayable, or just trendy to hate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

This actually makes me imagine an adventure game where a murder is commited and you're stuck in one room with a variety of characters and the plot thickens every time the next person dies. It was probably done before though.

Virtue's Last Reward, sort of

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who would win in a fight between MDickie and Cleve Blakemore

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The scuttlebutt I heard is that the dev team was forced to put a collectible in by Ubisoft, and hated doing so, so they did it in an amazingly :effort: way and called it a day.

Did some of them work on Blood Dragon? I remember Sgt. Rex Power Colt saying "At least I don't have to collect any loving flags/feathers" when you pick up collectibles.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

look sometimes I just don't know whether I'm in the mood for cheap Bejeweled clones or cheap anime titties

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Overall: Mostly Positive

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

They also have puzzles, I guess

their names both start with "The"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who else but Jonathan Blow is visionary enough to pioneer the grass floor

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gonna have some serious 'rrhoid rage if My Sister's Discipline Log is less than medically accurate

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the makers of Bloody Boobs were so close to finding their real niche

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

There's definitely a lot of stuff that could be listed to show that Japan is in fact crazy. That man however, saw a 7-11 and his jaw dropped at the ingenuity of Nippon.

still better than that one furry VN where the bird squirrel dragon man thinks Japan is amazing because of maid cafes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

show me one person on this earth who doesn't loving love them some grimdark rear end ponies

I thought Trails in the Sky wreaked havoc on my features & recommendations but Doki Doki Literature Club has utterly laid them waste

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

knehsa posted:

gift this to your steam friends you hate

I don't hate anyone that much

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I could never qwerf in public, that's so rude

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ICEY's alright

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

all true gamers swear by Tab-Windows key-NumLock-disc eject

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I do love a good set of 'gyos

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I dont know posted:

Between her horrible posture and comical oversized breast, her back has got to hurt like a mother fucker. That bothers me way more than anything else about this, lumber pain is no joke.

She's got 44 lumber to spare, don't worry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

Sure you all think this sounds like Valve taking a stand against garbage tittygames but my gut tells me this just means they are working on a way to monetize the nudey patches themselves.

Upgrade to Steamy Steam NOW for only $59.99/mo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Does it keep a tally of all the sex acts BJ has done over the course of the game?

every time BJ gets a BJ he jumps between the Wyatt and Fergus timelines

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a gritty reboob

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

honestly Nekochan Love Missile jumped the shark when they killed off Amana Top Load Dual-Action and Magnum Extra Ribbed in XXIV

There are good ones out there, but almost all of them are going to have animes doin' the do so it's slim pickings if that's a deal-breaker. DDLC is a good start, especially since it's free, and there's also Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, which is about a bunch of strangers getting trapped in a SAW-style horror dungeon with room escape puzzles and lots of weird science myth tangents.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

How much gameplay and cutscenes does a visual novel get to have before it's not a visual novel. I've seen Ace Attourney, the Nonary Games, and Dangan Ronpa get called Visual Novels.

in 1957 the Supreme Court ruled that any game can be considered a visual novel as long as most of its activities involve clicking through dialogue & static scenes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

was there ever a steam equivalent for goon dating sims?

as the story of a pretty lady fighting off hordes of deranged unwashed hobos, Tomb Raider is the closest I think you'll get

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

UWBW posted:

Is there even any actual point to achievements

no

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it is a cry for help

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think he just meant that the original King Arthur's were probably smaller

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

heartfelt thanks to all who bought and appreciated Poop Dating Simulator XXIII, it's such an honor to be the world's first quadrillionaire

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

I felt honored to support the artist behind such a great project. Can we expect a followup to Poop Dating Simulator XXIII, which will tie up some of the lingering plot threads?

actually I've decided to branch out into uncharted territory and really spread my creative wings

look forward to Pee Dating Simulator in winter 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vanillaware def love them some weird titties but overall their library is decent-to-very-good, especially Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm more surprised that it was Dragon's Crown that ended up being targeted instead of something like Senran Kagura. I guess you just never know what will and what won't strike a nerve.

I think it's because nobody disputes that Senran Kagura is horrible

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tales from the Borderlands is $7 right now if you'd like something else in the Life is Strange vein

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bad day posted:

Does Doki Doki Literature Club have more meta to it than the character who corrupts your game/computer/must be deleted?

Yes actually.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I appreciate the first flyover clip that was sped up 2x, including the music

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he just wanted a little bit of Tropico in his life

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 2, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

but what is the difference between a Player Zombie and a Zombie player

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

She has no style
She has no grace
This waifu has
A funny face

PRE-K
LOLI CONNN
PRE-K
SOMEONE CALL THE COPS

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 7, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm amazed to see an actual low rating on one of those. It must be buggy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Misadveentures of Treen Beene