Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Since Touma/Cain are nominally a cavalier, why did they ditch the ccol bike for battle?

losers
Because sadly cavaliers never use their horses in combat as a weapon. The only time I've seen a mount in Fire Emblem get involved in actually attacking units is the axe critical hit animation for wyvern lords in Fates, where the wyvern smacks an opponent in the face with its tail before the rider hits the target with his or her axe.

But yes, Touma should get a multi-hit physical attack where his Caincycle performs a burnout on his opponent, because coolness and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glazius posted:

Man, now I'm getting myself all hyped up about the bullshit device their secret base uses to detect Idolaspheres. They probably don't even have one.
Ten bucks it's shaped like the Fire Emblem shield from Awakening.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Hi-Fiber Vortex sounds terrifying.
Personally, it sounds like some bad variant of 4 Loko.

I do like the little touches for Fortuna Entertainment. The main company logo has the Wheel of Fortune, giving a nod to the Persona arcana. And the door to the Bloom Palace does indeed have the Fire Emblem shield on it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Waiiit
If tiki is nanako

Then Bantu-
BANTU NO PUT THE BOOZE DOWN
I look forward to the adventures of Bantu, Ace Detective.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I look forward to Barry coming to save the day with an epic guitar riff. Probably with Gregor in tow to complete the "older mentor figure from a foreign land" shtick.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

If he's not our teams resident Fighter/Warrior he better be the Berserker :colbert:
With his (current) body frame, Barry might wind up being our designated General or Great Knight. Or he's the Jeigan that joins later than normal for some weird plot reason.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sheesh, who peed in that kid's cereal?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, let's hope this bodyguard gig doesn't involve Itsuki having to pull off any Kevin Costner impersonations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if I forgot something here, but is there any reason why the characters are in their normal clothes and not Carnage Form in battle now?
Alternate costumes, I think Artix mentioned it earlier in the thread back when Kiria joined.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 2, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The design of Mirage Gangrel is really good.

As for the whole costume thing, I don't blame the devs for changing it. On one hand, it's a young girl posing seductively and the U.S. loses its mind when even a trace of a boob flies past, so toning it down makes sense. On the other hand, the U.S. doesn't exactly have a direct counterpart to the gravure idol scene like Japan, so I also understand the localization staff not wanting to waste time explaining the joke (for a lack of better words) of what My Complex really is. Yes, there's things like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, but that's a one-time yearly thing and not a full-on successful sub-industry. The important part of the scene, Tsubasa' newfound confidence in herself in front of a camera, is still there. It just has slightly different window dressing in the localized version. And that's probably what's so sad about the ":byodood: OMG CENSORSHIP!!!" cries: they're upset about a tiny fragment of the whole scene. If it was something like Tsubasa's posing being completely cut out and the scene being Horinozawa ranting towards something off-screen, then it'd be a different discussion and I maybe might understand the angle those complainers are coming from. But as it is, the scene is still intact and gets the point of the scene across to the player. That is what should matter, not what outfit is being worn.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, I doubt they'll do overlap with characters and have Noire be Ellie's Mirage, nobody remembers Ryan, Jeorge, Norne and Kleine, and Gordin only has a throwaway gag (pun not intended) to his credit. So sadly her Mirage is Virion by process of elimination. Which is more of an indictment of just how painfully forgettable the archers in our limited pool of characters are, Noire aside. And especially how badly forgotten Jeorge is, too. You'd think the guy associated with Parthia would get higher billing thanks to his weapon's in-game fame as one of the Three Regalia, but nope.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Edvarius posted:

And oh yeah, Yashiro's costume is completely ridiculous. I swear it almost as many belts as Lulu's dress.
Are we sure that Nomura didn't ghost-design Yashiro when nobody was looking?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Virion's also unique in that he's the only member of Awakening's English dub cast to not have a credited voice actor. For Fire Emblem Heroes, he does have a credited voice actor (Jameison Price, using his "Taylor Henry" pseudonym), but there hasn't been any word on whether or not that was the person who voiced Virion in Awakening.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

On the one hand, I understand the game wanting to at least give some attention to the knight class since most games take a meteor-sized dump on them with everything from map size to unit stats to other miscellaneous bullshit. On the other hand...Draug was the best option they could go with for all of this? I understand using Virion due a severe lack of interesting archers in Marth's games, but axe users are not in short supply in Archanea/Ylisse. Like, Barst or Vaike were not a good option for an axe user because....what exactly? Or hell, use a wyvern rider (since now their default weapons are axes) and give us Cherche or Minerva, or even an actual villain on our side in the form of Michalis.

But who knows, maybe Mirage Draug might be interesting and be enjoyable. Like everyone else, I'm just puzzled by the weird choices for Mirages regarding Ellie and Mamori/Barry. Next you'll tell me TMS remembers that Bantu exists and includes him as an ally.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

VVV She's a FE axe unit. FE axe units kick rear end. They kick so much rear end.
*looks at the number of people Haar has murdered in my PoR/RD runs*

Yep, the math checks out. I love my narcoleptic flying axe tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Or super hot once in a lifetime deals.
Given that next week is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I shudder to think as to how Anna would handle a Black Friday sale.

• Locked thread