Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's like a repeat of the mass disappearance.

The red ghost honcho probably thought "I'm gonna make everyone disappear who cares about appearance?"

Sadly he forgot one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

This looks cool.

But random level ups :( I mean it is SMT x FE, but come on, random growths are evil.

In FE, a lot of the characters' personalities are shaped by the circumstances they're in. Now that they've been stripped of their memories and their mission, some of them might be different from their usual FE selves. Maybe?

And also, Touma probably has one too.

I'm just guessing randomly. I haven't played this game so I'm really happy to see an LP of it.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The draw of the peg knight (and fliers in general) is supreme movement (can fly, unhindered by terrain) in exchange for weakness to bows / wind, and a weak defense stat (for the peg knights, for the wyverns it's resistance which is awful).

In fire emblem at least.

So I dunno how they incorporated those in this game.

The high mov advantage I mean. Also, it's the pegasus which is weak to arrows and wind, so who knows how the idol knight is also weak to it. I guess it's a case of "my persona is weak to it", but can your persona make you fly?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Oh yes, it's all about looking cool.

For a second there I thought Touma's mirage was Ryoma.

I can't wait to meet the rest of our team.

Does this means our villains have performa too?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

To the secret hideout!

Which I'm sure is just some office in a building or something.

I want this game now. But it's on an entirely different platform. I can't buy it for just one game :(

Maybe part of why the game didn't sell so well has to do with the popularity of its platform?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

It's because FE and SMT were on the DS and 3DS, and Persona is hanging around on the PS3/4...

Well, nevermind. It's demographic is different from those games and a little closer to the persona demographic.

I can't understand how video game marketing works anyway.

Maybe if the WiiU gets a bunch of other games I want, I'll buy it. But with the switch around, I don't think it's happening.

TMS looks great though. And Touma is awesome.

I like it. A lot.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ah, no matter what we do in jrpgs, the training of doom is always around to help us become number 1.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Edvarius posted:

Unfortunately Itsuki's food blurbs are about all we get for him, which is the problem I have with him. In most situations I'm perfectly fine with having a straight man for the crazies to bounce off of. It's an important role, and can be amusing in it's own right if done correctly. Unfortunately, as Maiko mentioned one's ability as a Mirage Master is supposed to be connected to their abilities as a performer, and the reason for this is one I actually really like. But Itsuki isn't a performer. He isn't some passionate dreamer like Tsubasa or Touma, or a star on the rise like Kiria. He has no interest in it. In just about any other game he'd have worked out fine, but not this one, with this premise. If ANY game called for a Shatner-like ham of a lead, it was this one. The generic nice every-man just does not work as the hero when power is drawn from being a super star. Kiria's costume might clash with itself, but that's better than having a character that clashes with the very premise of the game itself.

Our main character really doesn't have that idol vibe. At all.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I love how Itsuki's expression during Barry's signature move is like, 'What.' and 'I am so done with this.' I like him a little more now.

Also, usually the protagonist is really stupid when it comes to tests and studies. And Itsuki is like, it's okay man, all good.

And yeah, we all knew it was gonna go badly, this idol test.

I bet Kiria hid from Tsubasa. Like, "my survival instinct says a fan is in that area" or something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

AradoBalanga posted:

With his (current) body frame, Barry might wind up being our designated General or Great Knight. Or he's the Jeigan that joins later than normal for some weird plot reason.

He is thief, can't you tell :P

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

You know, I wonder why people attempt to save someone by taking the hit for them instead of pushing them out of the way. Can't think quickly enough in the heat of the moment, I guess?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

SC Bracer posted:

They're more like FOEs from Etrian Odyssey really. So yeah, sure is an Atlus game.

Also I found that estoma is kinda handy if you specifically want to spawn Savage Enemies in the lategame for whatever reason.

Even in TMS, F.O.E!

...but actually Persona always had those couple of strong enemies who hit hard, weren't particularly weak to anything and had lots of HP. They were a pain. And the red shadows.

But yes, Atlus game.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Glazius posted:

I appreciate having your Lord chain sessions into other dudes. I don't think it's necessarily broken to get it this early, I just think the combat system will... kind of be expecting it, maybe?

It also won't work against bosses, right? You can't overkill stuff (because the boss is alone) so no cancellation of the boss's immunities... or something like that?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Jade Rider posted:

It kinda reminds me of Lissa from Awakening.

InwardChaos posted:

Is the NPC Mirage that gave you the quest based off of a specific FE character?
To me, it makes me think of Elise from Fates.

She does not sound like either of them.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Aversa's opening banter reminds me of her initial interactions with Robin. Jealous is a pretty apt word to describe her.

Commander Keene posted:

Nope. Ayaha serves as the defining motivation for Tsubasa (and indirectly, Itsuki) to get involved in the whole mess, but she gets rescued early on and then the rest of the game is "whodunnit".

You have to wonder though; if they were just sitting there keeping Ayaha in a dark room in the Idolasphere somewhere all this time, why now? It's been like five years.

I'm more curious about how they kept her alive for 5 years. I mean, food, water, sleep? And what about clothes? Magic clothes? Luckily, anime games always follow the rule of beauty is never tarnished.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

GeneX posted:

Supports are the worst part of fire emblem but social links are the best part of persona, so I guess they cancel out

Nooo, I love FE supports. Some of them are great.

Anyway, that response to Ms. Maiko's question was funny.

Clearly Itsuki has to do everything. Manager he is. Idol he is not. Yet.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

W.T. Fits posted:

Stand on a chair and say that to my face, you little brat! :argh:

He's probably the type of kid who says "video games are for kids, grow up already" if he sees an adult playing them.

Also, Tharja is one of my least favourite characters.

She does have some good supports, but everyone has some good supports.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Maybe Tiki=Waifu is super powerful and that is what Chrom sensed.

I laughed at that name though.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Yasahiro definitely looks party material, but who knows.

Also how is Itsuki this dense.

This reminds me... Chrom is also really dense.

But you know, Itsuki definitely feels like Ms. Maiko's successor than an idol.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Well, if it really is Mr. Sword, it would be someone like Lon'qu...

Or Navarre.

Glazius posted:

Wow, it sure is suspicious convenient that Tsubasa's become a model just as there's this rash of mysterious model disappearances.

I'm sure that 'hur hur hur' will coveniently place us wherever the next big thing is happening.

She also gave us a concert ticket.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I bet Itsuki will never pick up on this, ever.

How.

Sometimes I think that he's dense on purpose or something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Buffs are really good in persona.

Not by themselves, but debuffing the enemy's defense and buffing your attack leads to a lot more damage than without any buffs.

Nobody resists buffs or debuffs so they're a way to either boost your damage, or have the enemy waste turns trying to remove the debuffs / buffs.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

There is always time for a detour in rpgs.

Game: The boss is going to do something evil, stop him quickly. Oh but, be sure to do all the random sidequests first.

I actually think some of the sidequests are interesting, but fetch quests are officially terrible in every game they show up in.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 22, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

This is great. It's really great.

Also, how should I say this, I can't seem to match idol version of Yashiro who was singing, with the not-idol, off stage version of him. He seems like the kind of guy who has zero interest in being an idol, just from the vibe he gives out.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Tsubasa's new outfit is better.

Congrats on beating Gangrel.

There is a lot they could have done with the fe characters but sadly they all have amnesia and just have their personalities to settle for, which in the earlier games (before supports were a thing) were reserved for main characters and such.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Picayune posted:

Man, if only she could have Innes. :allears:

It would've been perfect!

But I guess Innes would just sass her.

Especially with that personality.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Itsuki does have a personality. It's a little boring, but still, it's there.

Like how he decides to leave after Maiko's vodka joke, and how he's like 'Woo.' when the others are 'Woo!'

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

Eh, every MegaTen has a Yashiro.

So rude. So mean. Can't we sass him back?

He's so cold. Colder than our ice / dark mage.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Artix posted:

Technically we've completed 2/6 chapters, but as far as actual game time, we're at like...25%? 30%? Somewhere in that neighborhood. And it's not Luster Candy minus attack, it's Luster Candy minus attack but plus a full party heal. :v:

And it costs 1 SP? Really? Really?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

ChaosArgate posted:

SP takes a few rounds to build up. It's not this game's form of general mana, that would be EP. SP skills are really powerful, but in theory that's offset by them needing a few turns between use. In theory, at least. There are ways around that.

Oh sorry. I kinda forgot SP is the special thing and not the SP in persona games.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

OutofSight posted:

It is disturbing how serious his face is about this nonsense.

I thought it was funny. He asks him so seriously. It's the best part.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Itsuki is now becoming more idol like!

We shall have fans everywhere soon enough!

Or not.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

RandallODim posted:

Y'all obsessing over the Yashiro reveal, and I'm just over here loving that Barry's mirage master outfit is also his old heavy metal band corpsepaint outfit.

Barry is great.

That's his 'taken over by a mirage' outfit.

Aww, we lost to Yashiro. I actually thought he was gonna kidnap Tiki.

Anyway, don't worry Barry, Mamori. We will be coming to save you!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

vdate posted:

...sooo, I'm guessing Vaike is/was Barry's Mirage? Also, I'm really quite angry that we don't get Barry as our resident axe-wielder. We've got the other bases fairly well covered at this point!

Also, I'm deeply disappointed in our crew for not laughing at Yashiro after all his smugness and dramatic posing turned out to be a colossal waste of time, because let's be honest he's asking for it.

He's asking for a lot of things. I hope we get to poke fun at him. Don't you want to? With that type of personality, it just makes you want to push his buttons and annoy him right?

I sound like a terrible person, but whatever.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Heavy Sigh posted:

Look, Itsuki's just following in the proud, romantically-impaired footsteps of his Lordly forebears. He wouldn't be worth his salt as a Fire Emblem protagonist without having at least three people crushing on him.

And of course, according to tradition, he has either not notice it, or pretend he doesn't notice it.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

cdyoung posted:

I would more think Vaike might have been his mirage back when Barry was an active front liner.

Since he's a boss now, it's clearly a villain axe user, maybe one of those metrosexual berserker brothers?

Villains who use axes in Fire Emblem are a lot.

From every beginner villain (because the lord uses swords), to the guys who are Wyvern Lords.

Michalis is also an option.

You know, the second coming of Iote, that guy against you in Marth's story.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Well they have the original game and Awakening to work with there's NO WAY they'd use Kellam as a boss :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a meta joke. You know, the whole "who is Kellam?" thing. Or is it "where is Kellam?"

If Kellam was in this game, he would be hidden so well, we won't notice him.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

S_o_S93 posted:

gently caress yeah, finally our axe! Gotta love the "littlest girl is tank" trope.

Hear, hear.

The aesthetic is great.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Great lord.

No real reason, I guess, beyond the aesthetic.

And aether of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Shei-kun posted:

Well, gently caress. Itsuki exchanged Topic IDs with Anna.

Congrats, Itsuki, you will now spammed with ads.

Or super hot once in a lifetime deals.

• Locked thread